A-LEAGUE ROUND 24 DISCUSSION THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy with the point given we were totally outplayed. Although it makes it a little bit more tougher to at least finish top two.

Should win the next 2 matches, then it'll be all set up for a huge last round.

happy with that performance we are genuine contenders.
as I said the ref killed the game with that decision, would have been a cracking game.
Yep, cracking season where any of the top 5 are a genuine chance of winning it. Going to be a great finals series that's for sure.

no doubt that he dives. Clearly jumps before contact don't know what harper and hill were smoking
He dives THEN there's contact. Not great by Bruce but it could easily have been given a foul.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take my hat off to the Phoenix fans who turn up week after week year after year to watch Donkey's like Ben Sigmund and others plod around. Pity they cannot find a nice little rectangle stadium of around 10K capacity as the cake tin is way to vast and empty to capture the atmosphere they create.

Happy with that performance. 90+ minutes of pure effort. Annoying that we conceded that late goal as they didn't deserve it and it would have been good to add another clean sheet to the bank, but hey a wins a win.

Victory what happened? the curse of the FFA cup.
Newcastle Goal keeping Coach calls fourth official clearly a F**ckin Moron" after already been sent off love it, do not think it was a second yellow for Mullen but hey A-League refs the bars set very low.

Last edited:
Are the Victory and Smurfs trying to miss the finals on purpose? Lol. Whoever makes it will be out straight away I think. Stumbling across the line.

Are the Victory and Smurfs trying to miss the finals on purpose? Lol. Whoever makes it will be out straight away I think. Stumbling across the line.
That's the problem with a top six rewarding a side that finishes in the bottom half of the ladder a final spot. Neither Victory or Sydney FC deserves to be there both have been woeful for at least two months. Shows how quickly it can turn in the A-League top two one season very average the next.

If they have any character victory should be able to get over a 10 man NU Jets at home, but I doubt it.

It doesn't surprise me because of their ACL commitments. This is what happens when you're a part of the ACL campaign. We would probably be 5th if we were still in it and on less points.

Muscat was a one season wonder

Look at the team we put out there today ffs! in fact the last few months it just hasn't been settled and our depth players just hasn't stepped up, especially our midfield.

I Don't think it's all Muscats fault even through his stubbiness to keep playing the some way is starting to get bloody frustrating.

Our depth players have a lot to answer for in fact they've answered it they just ain't any good. Add to that Finkler and Archie are cooked!

Also not finding a replacement for Valeri during the Jan transfer window has come back to bite us that was one of the biggest mistakes, then having pinning all our faith in Mahazi ffs!

The club or the football department as a whole have made big mistakes this season. That's fine s**t happens especially when your battling two fronts. But now they need to rebuild and make sure the they get it right for next season.
Muscat deserves that chance just like Merrick did.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back