A-LEAGUE ROUND 26 DISCUSSION THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

^^^ Loved that interview, and it's why Peacock is so underrated as a television host. Most would've cowered, backed down, or tried to get out of the interview - Peacock didn't, he was almost expecting more deflection bullshit from Arnie, and he calmly and rationally explained to everyone that Arnold was talking s**t.

Regarding finals...

My memory is garbage - what are the usual timeslots for A-League finals? Saturday night obviously... when there are 2 games will the other game be on Friday? Or will it be in that rubbish Sunday afternoon timeslot? (I seem to remember both timeslots being used in the past)

Also, am I right in thinking that it's 3v6 & 4v5, with 1 facing the lowest ranked winner and 2 facing the higher ranked winner?

The closeness at the top of the table is making it a bugger of a thing to work out if I can get to an away final. Sydney is the easiest one for me to do, and I kind of hoped Victory might win away in week 1, and play in Sydney in week 2 (ANZAC weekend, when West Coast are also there)... but at the moment it's a total ******* crapshoot trying to figure out how the top 4 spots will pan out.

I still don't think I'm going to be any better informed of the possibilities by this time tomorrow... (I'd still kind of like City to finish 2nd, cos assuming Victory finish 6th, it's the only way we can get a Melbourne Derby GF.)

Last edited:
^^^ Loved that interview, and it's why Peacock is so underrated as a television host. Most would've cowered, backed down, or tried to get out of the interview - Peacock didn't, he was almost expecting more deflection bullshit from Arnie, and he calmly and rationally explained to everyone that Arnold was talking s**t.

Regarding finals...

My memory is garbage - what are the usual timeslots for A-League finals? Saturday night obviously... when there are 2 games will the other game be on Friday? Or will it be in that rubbish Sunday afternoon timeslot? (I seem to remember both timeslots being used in the past)

Also, am I right in thinking that it's 3v6 & 4v5, with 1 facing the lowest ranked winner and 2 facing the higher ranked winner?

The closeness at the top of the table is making it a bugger of a thing to work out if I can get to an away final. Sydney is the easiest one for me to do, and I kind of hoped Victory might win away in week 1, and play in Sydney in week 2 (ANZAC weekend, when West Coast are also there)... but at the moment it's a total ******* crapshoot trying to figure out how the top 4 spots will pan out.

I still don't think I'm going to be any better informed of the possibilities by this time tomorrow... (I'd still kind of like City to finish 2nd, cos assuming Victory finish 6th, it's the only way we can get a Melbourne Derby GF.)

Correct.

I'll be surprised if berisha doesn't get at least 2 games for that lash-out while being treated. Just a pathetic act.

The whole thing was a circus! and it wouldn't have happen if the ref did his duty of care and not allow Durante to intervene and bad mouth Berisha while he was on the ground getting treatment, having said that Berisha shouldn't have reacted the way he did too was just stupid and unnecessary. but the whole thing could have been avoided if not for Ben Williams incompetents again!

For that I'm hoping the MRP use some common sense, it's not like Berisha actually made any forceful contact to Durante.

One week should be justified mainly for stupidity, FBK got one week for something similar earlier in the year so I'm hoping that's a precedence. But knowing the MRP I wouldn't be surprised if he gets two weeks!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now is Reds fans will be praying that the victory can at least get a draw in the last round. Of course we'll need to keep our end of the deal by winning on Friday night

And Perth have scored !!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back