A-LEAGUE ROUND 26 DISCUSSION THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be there :D

Don't forget it's orange shirt day on Saturday :D

bayside_1701_bright-orange.jpg

If only we didn't have that rotten start to the season otherwise we would've secured the plate by now...
I think pretty much any of the top 5 sides in the comp could say that 'if we didn't have this run etc' tbh.
That said, in regards to the Toilet Seat, Perth are the team to beat, closely followed by City IMO. Those two have shown the most quality and play the best football of the five, and probably have shown the most in the late stages of the season. Of course they likely won't finish in the top two so things are made all the more difficult for them.
Adelaide are decent, so are Brisbane and can't be discounted whereas Wanderers are nothing special but are very well drilled and probably the most defensively sound.

Given the way the table is likely to pan out with IMO the two weakest of the 5 teams earning the top 2 spots, its really a wide open race.

As for Victory, if Berisha gets more than one week which is fairly likely, they won't have enough quality to beat any of the top 5 away from home.

I think pretty much any of the top 5 sides in the comp could say that 'if we didn't have this run etc' tbh.
That said, in regards to the Toilet Seat, Perth are the team to beat, closely followed by City IMO. Those two have shown the most quality and play the best football of the five, and probably have shown the most in the late stages of the season. Of course they likely won't finish in the top two so things are made all the more difficult for them.
Adelaide are decent, so are Brisbane and can't be discounted whereas Wanderers are nothing special but are very well drilled and probably the most defensively sound.

Given the way the table is likely to pan out with IMO the two weakest of the 5 teams earning the top 2 spots, its really a wide open race.

As for Victory, if Berisha gets more than one week which is fairly likely, they won't have enough quality to beat any of the top 5 away from home.
Weve lost 1 of our last 20...... we are a bit better than decent.

I appreciate that fact, yet you're still not top of the table.
What I'm saying is there is sweet fa between 1st and 5th, and for the sake of trying to pick a winner I'm splitting hairs.
I even think the Victory in 6th aren't without a shot. Berisha is a big game player and Delpierre is the best defender.

The top 6 are so far ahead of the others this year it isn't funny....... well it is because Sydney are 7th.

I even think the Victory in 6th aren't without a shot. Berisha is a big game player and Delpierre is the best defender.

The top 6 are so far ahead of the others this year it isn't funny....... well it is because Sydney are 7th.
I agree with you if Berisha plays, but everything points to him getting a couple for his kick on Durante. IMO they can't beat any of the other sides without him.

Probably should continue this in the General chat page but as its discussed here and now....
I'm quietly confident of Adelaide's chances this week, which normally I'm not. Here's my conservative top 6 in order.
Bris 50 -Defeat Victory.
WSW 48 - Defeat Wellington.
Adel 47 - Draw City
Perth 46 - Defeat Sydney
City 45 - Draw Adel
MV - 40 - Lose to Bris

Saying all of that, this season had more twists and turns left in it yet and probably until late on Sunday night when someone is likely to tumble one or two places down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back