A-League Round 4 - The Battle of the 'Westgate' Bridge Derby!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
A-League Round Four another derby round this time Victory V Western Utd in the Westgate Derby? what other name can we give it?

Friday 1st November
Sydney FC V Newcastle Jets Leichardt Oval, 7:30pm ESDT

Saturday 2nd November
Western Sydney Wanderers V Brisbane Roar BankWest Stadium, 5:00pm ESDT (ABC Broadcast Match)
Melbourne Victory V Western United Marvel Stadium, 7:20pm ESDT

Sunday 3rd November
Melbourne City V Wellington Phoenix AAMI Park, 4:00pm ESDT
Perth Glory V Central Coast Mariners NIB Stadium 6:00pm ESDT 3:00pm WST

bye: Adelaide United

Predictions: Sydney 3-1 WSW 2-0 MV 2-1 City 2-0 Perth 3-1

Enjoy your football this weekend

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Will be interesting how successful western united are towards the middle and end of the season, very old side and would be hard to manage, especially against the better sides.

I think premiers plate will probably be a strong battle against sydney, wsw and city or reds

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Lol at Vic-Tree being described as Australian Football Royalty.

Constantly amazes (and annoys) me how much Fox Sports constantly pump up MVFC's tyres (it shouldn't, they are part owned by News Corpse)

Half expecting (wouldn't go so far as hoping) for some brawls between The North End and Westen Ultras (although these A League fights are pretty tame compared to some South Melbourne v Preston Lions games I have been too :) )

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Lol at Vic-Tree being described as Australian Football Royalty.

Constantly amazes (and annoys) me how much Fox Sports constantly pump up MVFC's tyres (it shouldn't, they are part owned by News Corpse)

Half expecting (wouldn't go so far as hoping) for some brawls between The North End and Westen Ultras (although these A League fights are pretty tame compared to some South Melbourne v Preston Lions games I have been too :) )

1) They've won the most national league titles, which makes them royalty
2) There's no evidence they're part owned by News Corp, certainly not in any large stake
3) Don't you support a club owned by a country that still treats women and LGBTQI people as 3rd class citizens?

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
1) They've won the most national league titles, which makes them royalty
2) There's no evidence they're part owned by News Corp, certainly not in any large stake
3) Don't you support a club owned by a country that still treats women and LGBTQI people as 3rd class citizens?

Just on your 3rd point, I supported City when they were just poor, tinpot Melbourne Heart, and frankly I am not bothered at all by those so called issues you mentioned, I watch and follow sports to escape unpleasant politics and other unrelated social issues, and frankly I don't care if the Mansour family were like the Manson family.

Frankly i want my English club Leeds to be bought by a rich Shiek from Abu Dubai/The UAE seeing Leeds successful and in the premier League would override any niggling issues I had with those so called human rights issues I might have had (which I don't)

Far more concerned about Climate Change anyway, most sensible football fans really couldn't give a stuff about those issues you raise anyway.

Really looking forward to the World Cup in Qatar as well, it will be somewhere different and very interesting :)

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Just on your 3rd point, I supported City when they were just poor, tinpot Melbourne Heart, and frankly I am not bothered at all by those so called issues you mentioned, I watch and follow sports to escape unpleasant politics and other unrelated social issues, and frankly I don't care if the Mansour family were like the Manson family.

It's called privilege ;)

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
cracking game, always a worry when your up 2-0 within 10 mins that the opposition is eventually gonna make a come back! Having said that after going 2-0 up Victory just lost shape and let WU control the match way to easily.

I’m fearing we are gonna get over run here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back