A-League Round 5 Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Mells and Makarounas in midfield makes me want to vomit. Where the **** is Holland? Why put him in the squad if he's not fit, but they don't include Chelo then add him the next day?

Okay.
They included Chelo Friday, Holland failed his fitness test today.

La Rocca is the issue, his complete lack of form is killing the defence. Might be time to have a look at Hall in goals too.

La Rocca is the issue, his complete lack of form is killing the defence. Might be time to have a look at Hall in goals too.
while certain members of the back 5 look shaky, i think that the biggest problem right now is that other than isaias, the midfield offers absolutely nothing and gets bypassed way too easy.

while certain members of the back 5 look shaky, i think that the biggest problem right now is that other than isaias, the midfield offers absolutely nothing and gets bypassed way too easy.
Probably because it has an incompetent footballer in Makarounas and a 19 year old in Mells. Carrusca and Holland need to start next week.

Probably because it has an incompetent footballer in Makarounas and a 19 year old in Mells. Carrusca and Holland need to start next week.
well the main problem for both is they seem to completely lack awareness, both spacial and match. defense is struggling, so drop back a bit and help out. nope. unable to cope with any pressing or pressure on the man. can't pick out a pass, can't make a tackle. so erm, what's the point of them being out there. surely there's some youngsters who will chase, harass and, well, try?

well the main problem for both is they seem to completely lack awareness, both spacial and match. defense is struggling, so drop back a bit and help out. nope. unable to cope with any pressing or pressure on the man. can't pick out a pass, can't make a tackle. so erm, what's the point of them being out there. surely there's some youngsters who will chase, harass and, well, try?
We're playing enough youngsters as it is, and McGree is injured I think. Makarounas and Mells is a hell of a lot different to Carrusca and Holland, even though Chelo is a dinosaur and can't chase he adds flare and competency, unlike Makarounas.

We're playing enough youngsters as it is, and McGree is injured I think. Makarounas and Mells is a hell of a lot different to Carrusca and Holland, even though Chelo is a dinosaur and can't chase he adds flare and competency, unlike Makarounas.
Garrucio is only 21 as is Kitto. Its a young match day squad but today simply hasn't been good enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know the Mariners are struggling when Simon Hill says this is a 'famous victory'

I can accept a home loss to the Victory and Wanderers when we didn't even deserve to lose the game, but I can't accept this loss, against the worst team in the league, who hasn't won for 10 months.

I'm not giving up yet but we lost 2 home games all last season, only 1 in the first 9 rounds when we were playing like s**t, and we've lost our first 3 home games from 5 games this season.

A few more weeks and we will be done if we can't change things around.

Lightning won't strike twice, I can't see us making finals this season.
We will be making the finals, but another title would take an Aussie Cricket Team like collapse by the others.

cant put a finger on it eugene?

i can think of some places to point mate.
La Rocca infront of him, Maka infront of La Rocca and Kitto infront of him.

And perhaps a look in the mirror would do some good. The persisting with the playing out from the back at all costs needs to stop.

You can see the lack of experience telling from midfield up. Holland should settle things down a bit, the baby hasn't gone out with the bathwater yet but I'm not sure I can deal with no win in the first 8 again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back