Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
A-League round 5 and the A-league pays it's tribute to the fallen soldiers of the Great War.

Friday 8th November
Melbourne City V Central Coast Mariners, AAMI Park, 7:30pm AESDT

Saturday 9th November

Newcastle Jets V Perth Glory, Hunter Stadium, 5:00pm AESDT (ABC Broadcast match)
Western United V Western Sydney Wanderers, GMHBA Stadium, 7:30pm AESDT

Sunday 10th November
Melbourne Victory V Wellington Phoenix, AAMI Park, 4:00pm AESDT
Adelaide United V Brisbane Roar, Hindmash Stadium, 6:00pm AESDT 5:30pm ACSDT

bye: Sydney F.C

Predictions: City 2-0 Perth 2-1 WUvWSW 2-2 MV 2-1 Adel 2-0

Enjoy your football this weekend.

Such a shame the weather will not give City a decent crowd tomorrow at Seagull Park. We are off to a neat start to our league campaign, and the Mariners had a gripping win in Perth last week.

Hard to see us building up our brand and crowds, unless we keep winning and our noisy neighbours from Docklands keep losing.
Still, gotta keep on hoping, being a Heart diehard from day 1, will be there tomorrow night with bells on.

Should win, but Brisbane look a more dangerous outfit than last year.

We appear to have more firepower on paper at least

After last week's debacle I am very sombre about it all. I don't expect much from our defence but it would be nice if our midfield and front three showed some firepower.

Such a shame the weather will not give City a decent crowd tomorrow at Seagull Park. We are off to a neat start to our league campaign, and the Mariners had a gripping win in Perth last week.

Tonight's weather is why the Heartless have pulled embarrassing crowds for 10 years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the morning after the win, common sense prevails, and yes I did perhaps go OTT.

Sydney should still be considered title favourites at this stage of the season. And I don't think we have played or beaten any real contender so far except for Adelaide. Not ready to write Victory off just yet, Muscat was there for a long time, and a new gaffer who replaces a long serving (and successful) one needs time to get his own game plan and formations in place (Sydney did struggle for a couple of months after Corica replaces Arnie)

Perth have probably been the most disappointing team so far this season, but still got plenty of time to turn things around.

Wellington have to play in Melbourne two weeks in a row, although it has to be said, Welly is a closer plane trip to Melbourne than Perth :)

I will admit City have had a very cosy schedule so far (all of our games have been in Melbourne and Geelong), on the road the next fortnight though (shouldn't really have trouble beating Brisbane at Dolphin Stadium on current form of both teams)

Perth are such a frustrating team to watch right now, yes They have injuries, but they have to be less cautious/conservative going forwards. Seems to me the likes of Kilkenny and Castro are over thinking it, last year's glory team probably would have had 2 goals by now (Newcastle are terrible, quite frankly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back