A-League Round 5 - The Original Derby!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
A-League round 5 and its that time of the season again El Classico, the Original Derby! Will we see another classic between Adelaide V Victory? Looking forward to it. Also an Australia Day match with a difference this time due to Covid we will see Victory up against Perth. Still no details on tickets for that match as i'm writing.

A-League Round 5

Friday 22nd January
Sydney FC V Central Coast Mariners, Jubilee Stadium, 7:05pm ESDT

Saturday 23rd January
Western United V Perth Glory, GMHBA Stadium, 5:05pm ESDT 2:05pm WST
Adelaide United V Melbourne Victory, Hindmarsh Stadium, 7:40pm ESDT 7:10pm CEDT

Sunday 24th January
Wellington Phoenix V Newcastle Jets, Wollongong Showgrounds, 6:05pm ESDT

Tuesday 26th January
Melbourne Victory V Perth Glory, AAMI Park, 7:05pm ESDT

Predictions: Syd 2-1 Perth 3-1 Adel V Vic 1-1 Nix 2-0 Perth 2-1

Enjoy the football this weekend and Happy Australia day if you celebrate it.

Last edited:
A-League round 5 and its that time of the season again El Classico, the Original Derby! Will we see another classic between Adelaide V Victory? Looking forward to it. Also an Australia Day match with a difference this time due to Covid we will see Victory up against Perth. Still no details on tickets for that match as i'm writing.

A-League Round 5

Friday 22nd January
Sydney FC V Central Coast Mariners, Jubilee Stadium, 7:05pm ESDT

Saturday 23rd January
Western United V Perth Glory, GMHBA Stadium, 5:05pm ESDT 2:05pm WST
Adelaide United V Melbourne Victory, Hindmarsh Stadium, 7:40pm ESDT 7:10pm CEDT

Sunday 24th January
Wellington Phoenix V Newcastle Jets, Wollongong Showgrounds, 6:05pm ESDT

Tuesday 26th January
Melbourne Victory V Perth Glory, AAMI Park, 7:05pm ESDT

Predictions: Syd 2-1 Perth 3-1 Adel V Vic 1-1 Nix 2-0 Perth 2-1

Enjoy the football this weekend and Happy Australia day if you celebrate it.

Wait... what?

When was the Tuesday game changed to Perth Glory?

lol mate before the season even started!

I ******* hate this season. How hard could it possibly be for the ALeague to update it's own app as soon as fixture changes are made?

And why do I care about Perth on Australia. Victory and Sydney (and possible Victory/Adelaide and Smurfs/Wanderers) are the only rivalries in the A-League that matter (despite what the marketing team tries to tell us.)

Obviously I get all the COVID challenges, but losing this annual game is a huge bummer.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I ******* hate this season. How hard could it possibly be for the ALeague to update it's own app as soon as fixture changes are made?

And why do I care about Perth on Australia. Victory and Sydney (and possible Victory/Adelaide and Smurfs/Wanderers) are the only rivalries in the A-League that matter (despite what the marketing team tries to tell us.)

Obviously I get all the COVID challenges, but losing this annual game is a huge bummer.

Oh the entitlement lol

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
I moved back to Adelaide last year so I'm getting the chance to go watch the Reds play, finally. Watched the 2-0 win over City a couple of weeks ago and I got tickets to the Original Derby for Saturday night with a couple of mates, should be an amazing atmosphere. Always been told Original Derby at Hindmarsh is the closest you'll get to the European experience in Australia.

I moved back to Adelaide last year so I'm getting the chance to go watch the Reds play, finally. Watched the 2-0 win over City a couple of weeks ago and I got tickets to the Original Derby for Saturday night with a couple of mates, should be an amazing atmosphere. Always been told Original Derby at Hindmarsh is the closest you'll get to the European experience in Australia.

Pft we all know the real derby is the distance derby.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Always been told Original Derby at Hindmarsh is the closest you'll get to the European experience in Australia.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

Bragging about 'rivaries' in such a small competition like The A League strikes me as a bit tinpot tbh.

Suppose it is all Vuck fans can hang their hats on these days, given that their team has seemingly turned to trash and look like being Spoon contenders this season.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Bragging about 'rivaries' in such a small competition like The A League strikes me as a bit tinpot tbh.

Suppose it is all Vuck fans can hang their hats on these days, given that their team has seemingly turned to trash and look like being Spoon contenders this season.
I wouldn't go too hard, at least they've got trophies in the cabinet

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Best football stadium in the country in Adelaide, 2 great and at times nasty rivals, on field and off.

Yeah.
This.

A packed Hindmarsh on Original Derby day has the best atmosphere, especially if the away end is packed too and covering two bays like a few years ago.

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
This.

A packed Hindmarsh on Original Derby day has the best atmosphere, especially if the away end is packed too and covering two bays like a few years ago.
A rocking Sydney Derby would have to be up there in atmosphere, obviously cant say much when capacity is 25% or at Olympic park, but if it was bankwest or kograh it would be something. In regards to Victorian sides, the mix of support and success (and no wandering united home ground) means the OG would be more important from the fans view of Victree

Remove this Banner Ad

Back