AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
upload_2016-11-8_12-25-13.png

upload_2016-11-8_12-25-50.png

Tips:

Melbourne City vs. Newcastle - 3-1 (9k)
Adelaide Utd vs. Brisbane Roar - 1-1 (13k)
Central Coast Mariners vs. Wellington Phoenix - 1-1 (10k)
Melbourne Victory vs. WSW - 2-1 (22k)
Sydney FC vs. Perth Glory - 0-0 (15k)

I love a MV v WSW game, especially in Melbourne. No Rojas makes it hard for MV.

I'm going tonight so hopefully the crowd is decent (and the Jets win) :p

Realistically, would be happy with a draw.

We need a win tomorrow, will probably get done in stoppage time. Holland back hopefully means the end of Makarounas.

Holy s**t :rolleyes:

Another triumph for the green seat elites and the relevance of City Football Group in Melbourne. I didn't even know this game was on until it came on the radio in the car. Are these pricks even trying to get a crowd beyond getting the FFA to change the rules for them so they can get a few better players?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great work by Kamau there, but is there any danger of a Jets player standing near Fornaroli.

Always tough to get a read on how many people are there from watching on tv, but having been to AAMI Park a shitload of times, they're lying if they announce an attendance over 8k tonight. This is as bad as the Adelaide game when it pissed with rain all day.

I don't even really hold their fans responsible tonight - as I alluded to earlier, I think if you're a casual fan you could be forgiven for not knowing this was on. While I don't support Heart, I'm obviously a lot more than a casual fan and I didn't even know it was on - or why it's on. I only said last week that Oaks Day would be a great day to have a Thursday night fixture. I doubt Remembrance Day eve, with Remembrance Day still being a work day, is anywhere near as good an occasion to play on Thursday.

I feel a bit for Bouzanis on that one. Brutal deflection on what didn't look a particularly hard shot.

Could see the goal coming.

On the crowds, it's generally accepted that increasing numbers will be a long term proposition.

It's on the right track.

So not sure why people obsess about it every week that crowds havent magically doubled or tripled.

On the crowds, it's generally accepted that increasing numbers will be a long term proposition.

It's on the right track.

So not sure why people obsess about it every week that crowds havent magically doubled or tripled.
I would have a guess that the league and the CFG thought the Cahill effect combined with a pretty good year last year would've seen bigger crowds than what we've seen so far.

It's on the right track.

No one expected them to double or triple. But the Adelaide game, and I would suggest tonight are both lower crowds than they were getting last season.

And no, increasing attendance is not "generally accepted" as "a long term proposition." The rules were changed to accommodate City - the friggen location of the Cup final was to accommodate City - and it's attempts to immediately boost the numbers through the turnstiles.

If Cahill's arrival isn't enough to increase numbers (or even to arrest a decrease in numbers), how the hell are FFA going to convince a FTA provider to pay overs for the TV rights?

The CFG deserves every ******* kick we give them, because it's a disgrace that their team is playing such great football and their staff are letting them down by refusing to promote games and assuming that people will seek out their games just cos Cahill is playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back