A-League Round 7 discussion & tips

Remove this Banner Ad

Kennys Hatchet men at it again.

We are playing better at the same stage with less of the luck.

Yeah, I don't think that's an unreasonable comment - I don't think they've had as much terrible luck as you do, but certainly they've copped some refereeing decisions that have cost them points.

That said, Sydney might be the only team that couldn't say that.

And the point remains. I don't remember a game - or more specifically a half - last season like this game where everything has just gone to s**t and they've dropped their bundles so comprehensively.

Bruce Djite ‏@BDjite 4m4 minutes ago
If there's one thing that lets the A-League down I must say it's the abysmal refereeing decisions at key moments #PERvADL

I know that he obviously isn't being objective, but he's not wrong.

In the 11 seasons of this league, the crowd atmosphere has improved, the media coverage has improved, the players have improved, the coaches have improved, the scouting has improved, the grounds have improved, the tv coverage has improved, the sponsorship deals have improved.

The one thing that hasn't improved - and that I think has probably gone backwards - is the refereeing.

I don't know the answer - installing some full time referees was always viewed as the panacea when in reality it hasn't improved the refereeing at all. But surely the first step is acknowledging that we have a serious, serious problem, because this is getting beyond a joke this season.

Yeah, I don't think that's an unreasonable comment - I don't think they've had as much terrible luck as you do, but certainly they've copped some refereeing decisions that have cost them points.

That said, Sydney might be the only team that couldn't say that.

And the point remains. I don't remember a game - or more specifically a half - last season like this game where everything has just gone to s**t and they've dropped their bundles so comprehensively.
Terrible luck in terms of injury I mean

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Garrucio has destroyed the worst Socceroo of all time Josh Risdon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back