Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
A-League Round 7 and the highlight of the round is the original Derby between Adelaide V Victory and a return of Marco Kurz against his old club. As well as a Grand Final rematch

Round 7 Fixture

Friday 22nd November
Western Sydney Wanders V Melbourne City, Bankwest Stadium, 7:30pm ESDT

Saturday 23rd November
Wellington Phoenix V Brisbane Roar, Westpac Stadium, 5:00pm ESDT (ABC broadcast match)
Adelaide United V Melbourne Victory, Hindmarsh Stadium, 7:30pm ESDT 7:00pm CEDT
Perth Glory V Sydney FC, NIB Stadium, 9:45 ESDT 6:45 WST

Sunday24th November
Central Coast Mariners V Western United, Bluetongue Stadium, 6:00pm ESDT

Bye: Newcastle Jets

Predictions: WSW 2-1 WellvBris 2-2 Adel 2-1 PerthVSyd 1-1 CCM 1-0

Enjoy your football this weekend.

Video reviews just shouldn't be in any sport. They are terrible and remove none of the controversy.

Sport is about moments. Just kills all the atmosphere

I just hate it that you can't even enjoy celebrating goals anymore because it might get overturned! It just sucks all the atmosphere and energy out of the moment.

Obviously they did. Otherwise they can't overturn.

It didn't look conclusive from the FOX footage they showed. I suppose the VAR box has better quality zoom lenses than the FOX crew?

It's the some with them touched balls in footy you know the ones that are from 30-50m out how can you definitively know?

Did the VAR get the decisions right? Yep.

No. There is no way anyone can convince me Barbarouses was onside for Sydney's 2nd. No chance in hell it was on.

The pen was soft as s**t. Er ma gerd. Castro had a little bit of the shirt. You can't tell me that was enough to either impede him or make him go down like he had been shot.

Also, the offside against Fornaroli. I agree he was off but it looked like a definite pen if you are adjudging it to have been played by Harold.

No. There is no way anyone can convince me Barbarouses was onside for Sydney's 2nd. No chance in hell it was on.

The pen was soft as s**t. Er ma gerd. Castro had a little bit of the shirt. You can't tell me that was enough to either impede him or make him go down like he had been shot.

Also, the offside against Fornaroli. I agree he was off but it looked like a definite pen if you are adjudging it to have been played by Harold.

The penalty was there. Costa would of done the same thing and got a penalty for it, any player would. Don't grab the shirt in the box like that.
As such the VAR couldn't overturn it.

Barbarouses looked on to me and it wasn't conclusive he was off so they couldn't over turn the original decision again.

Fornaroli was off by half a metre so was ruled that way and could be overturned.

They could only over turn if it is conclusive as has been mentioned many a time.

Hate VAR but they weren't wrong in its use last night. Just ridiculously long.

I did particularly enjoy that at no time were the linespersons on side during either of the contentious goals or not goals.

Also was hilarious that on Syd’s second goal they said he was a mm onside but from no angle you could tell

Pen I can see why they gave it but you hate to see them given

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did particularly enjoy that at no time were the linespersons on side during either of the contentious goals or not goals.

Also was hilarious that on Syd’s second goal they said he was a mm onside but from no angle you could tell

Pen I can see why they gave it but you hate to see them given
Which is why neither linesman called it as they have been told not to unless it's blatant and let VAR handle it.

Which is why neither linesman called it as they have been told not to unless it's blatant and let VAR handle it.
I was more so commenting on the fact I was taught to be in line with the last defender as a lino and both of them were way off

Spewing we have to wait till after Christmas to play the Smurfs.

Sydney are still the yardstick for the A League, and we haven't beaten them in yonks..

We (City) have to start getting results against SFC if we are to have legit silverware credentials.

Good time for us to have the bye this week though.

I can't wait for them to get rid of VAR and everyone will just accept the refs decision on the field... which of course won't happen because fans always want to blame the ref for everything.

Most fans don't have the ability to analyse what has actually happened in the game between the sides so it is just easier to blame the ref. This will happen whether VAR is there or not.

I may get angry at the ref but I can accept an honest mistake in the heat of the moment. If the penalty against Castro didn't have VAR involved to further agitate me, I would've handled that. I also expect Glory fans to have accepted the second Sydney goal that looked offside but was still overlooked by VAR. I also expect Sydney fans to have excepted Fornaroli's second goal and be none the wiser.

When VAR has spends five minutes looking at footage and then still gets it wrong, that's when fans, such as myself on Saturday night, turn into primitive savages.

Four (five) goals were scored, and three were ruined by VAR interference.

I may get angry at the ref but I can accept an honest mistake in the heat of the moment. If the penalty against Castro didn't have VAR involved to further agitate me, I would've handled that. I also expect Glory fans to have accepted the second Sydney goal that looked offside but was still overlooked by VAR. I also expect Sydney fans to have excepted Fornaroli's second goal and be none the wiser.

When VAR has spends five minutes looking at footage and then still gets it wrong, that's when fans, such as myself on Saturday night, turn into primitive savages.

Four (five) goals were scored, and three were ruined by VAR interference.
The decisions weren't wrong.

Spewing we have to wait till after Christmas to play the Smurfs.

Sydney are still the yardstick for the A League, and we haven't beaten them in yonks..

We (City) have to start getting results against SFC if we are to have legit silverware credentials.

Good time for us to have the bye this week though.
Beat them last time we played them actually. In Sydney 2-0.
But yes agree with the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back