A-League Round 9 - Jam Packed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Robbie Cornthwaite have a falling out with aufc? Not sure i can remember such bias "special comments" for an entire game

Eventually the world will agree with me VAR does not make soccer better and it needs to go though...

i dont think mr fielding will be getting a game next week

Kurt Ams in VAR is more to blame. The first pen I can understand why the ref gives it in real-time but Ams should have overturned it. Then Fielding didn't give the 3rd in real time but Ams made him look at it.

Both should have a few weeks off and be told to have a good hard long look at themselves.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Kurt Ams in VAR is more to blame. The first pen I can understand why the ref gives it in real-time but Ams should have overturned it. Then Fielding didn't give the 3rd in real time but Ams made him look at it.

Both should have a few weeks off and be told to have a good hard long look at themselves.

Ams can never admit he is wrong remember when he upgraded a Fornaroli dive from a freekick to a penalty all because he didn't want to admit he gave Fornaroli a freekick for diving! He should have been sacked after that match!

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
The first pen is no way near as bad as people making out. You see them given all the time

The 3rd pen... not sure even the most biased supporter can defend that

VAR needs to go either way. Offsides and goal line tech only, its s**t for everything else

The first pen is no way near as bad as people making out. You see them given all the time

Yes, if there was no VAR then you can understand it. You hold your hands up and say that Mauk fooled the ref. On replay, it is clear that the defender did nothing wrong. Mauk initiated contact and was already going down before the contact. It was clear simulation and the fact that the ref wasn't instructed to have another look is ridiculous.

Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Atalanta B.C
1613730688332.png

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yes, if there was no VAR then you can understand it. You hold your hands up and say that Mauk fooled the ref. On replay, it is clear that the defender did nothing wrong. Mauk initiated contact and was already going down before the contact. It was clear simulation and the fact that the ref wasn't instructed to have another look is ridiculous.
Contact in the box. Happens alot in the EPL and people dont say boo. Those are regular pens

How often does Aguero or someone initiate contact and get the call. I dont think its a pen but they are given regularly enough that doesnt stand out as a "shocker"

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
It's not actually simulation if there's contact, whether he initiated it or not.

Still none of those were pens IMO, the last one was probably the closest to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back