A-League Round 9 - The Westgate Derby.. Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
arrr... The fixture in this beautiful league, seems only a few weeks ago we had our first Westgate Derby. That's because it was only a few weeks ago. Four in fact!

A-League round 9:

Friday 6th December
Melbourne City V Perth Glory, AAMI Park, 7:30pm ESDT

Saturday 7th December
Wellington Phoenix V Western Sydney Wanders, Eden Park, Auckland 5:00pm ESDT (ABC Broadcast match, check local guides)
Sydney FC V Brisbane Roar, Jubliee Stadium, 7:30pm ESDT

Sunday 8th December
Western United V Melbourne Victory, GMHBA Stadium, 4:00pm ESDT
Adelaide United V Newcastle Jets, Hindmarsh Stadium, 6:00pm CSDT

Bye: Central Coast Mariners

Predictions: City 2-1 Wellington 2-0 Sydney 3-1 WEST V Victry 1-1 Adelaide 2-0

Enjoy the football this weekend!

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
The nix and syndey fc games should be pretty good, my money is on both being quite close

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Will the Victory fans be kicked out by half time? Do people actually think this is a Derby? I know I couldn't give a toss about losing to Western United, losing to City hurts and that's just the way it's going to be, little darling.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Looking forward to conceding more s**t goals while looking like we have NFI what to do at the other end. Bring it on.

Yeah looking bad for the Glory, opponents sitting back and scoring on the counter and we don't look like scoring, need a big reaction or tactical change.
Can we play the bye again?

Historically Perth have a good record against City especially with their backs against the wall. Wouldn’t surprise me if they pull an upset.

Delbridge is gash. City are terrible when JMac has an off day. We are conceding for fun at the moment and they couldn't even put 1 past us.

I know everyone is blaming Bouzanis for the first goal, and while he deserves some of the blame, most has to go to Delbridge. He is taller than Fornaroli and instead of jumping and heading the ball away, he opts to hold onto Fornaroli's arm to try to stop him from jumping. He didn't even look like he was trying to play the ball.

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
harsh mate lol
Not really. His arm certainly wasn’t in an unnatural position and the decision didn’t need to be reviewed. Compared to last weeks which should’ve been reviewed and overturned. Getting very, very lucky. And their commentators are highly unprofessional and ridiculously biased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back