A-League Round One - Another Melbourne Derby Opener!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Daniels

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Adelaide United~Woking Southampton
These two new clubs, especially Western United just feel fake. Wanderers when they came in felt real, and addressed a need. We should have just used exisiting clubs or tap into brand new markets for expansion. Hopefully we do that next time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Snarls Barkley

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, West Ham
Diamanti was fantastic at West Ham about ten years ago. Interesting to see if he’s still got it at 36

giggler99

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory, Napoli, Liverpool, Pens
These two new clubs, especially Western United just feel fake. Wanderers when they came in felt real, and addressed a need. We should have just used exisiting clubs or tap into brand new markets for expansion. Hopefully we do that next time.
Canberra would have been a good option imo as well as Wollongong. if the FFA where forced in th ebig City market than South Melbourne would have ejected some history and excitment if their bid was accepted. But there is still very much a fear of the old NSL clubs with their enthic ties from the FFA so that was always a no no even through it was the most obvious and logical choice.

General Giant

Hall of Famer
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Happy with Macarthur. They are in a region that will work well in Sydney.

The whole Western thing I can't really comment on as I don't know the whole Vic setup.

Would of loved Canberra, Brisbane city or even South(just to shut the f***ers up) instead of Western though.

BIRDBRAIN

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
This week is the first time I've ever watched A-league. Thought I'd check out 'Western United' since I live in the Geelong area. First few games of the round were okay, but this game in New Zealand is just terrible, about as much atmosphere as a The GWS home game.

General Giant

Hall of Famer
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
This week is the first time I've ever watched A-league. Thought I'd check out 'Western United' since I live in the Geelong area. First 2 games were okay, but this game in New Zealand is just terrible, about as much atmosphere as a The GWS home game.
Even when discussing a different sport you can't help but lay the boot into the Giants can you Birdbrain?

Keep on proving your name right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elmer_Judd

#Teague2020
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
This week is the first time I've ever watched A-league. Thought I'd check out 'Western United' since I live in the Geelong area. First few games of the round were okay, but this game in New Zealand is just terrible, about as much atmosphere as a The GWS home game.
The atmosphere at Giants Stadium in the recent Giants v Bulldogs final was terrific.. Beats me why you have something about your Bird Pooper against GWS, it's irrelevant to A League discussion, at any rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom