A-League Round One - Another Melbourne Derby Opener!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

From filling Optus Stadium with 60k... to this.

Is this a reflection on the lack of promotion, Glory's boring offseason, or Perth being a bandwagon town? Shocking turnout.

Dramatic finish!

Still surprises me that, if we're going to rely on "the line" as the sole arbiter, why it takes so long. Hawkeye manages to get LBW lines up pretty quickly in cricket.

How many are there? Had no idea the season was starting this week.
9,800. Very poor turn out considering it was lovely Sunday arvo with no other major sports events on in Perth and given the season the Glory just had and the high expectations they have for this season.

I'd have thought they'd have been disappointed with anything less than 12,000 today, but to not even get 10,000 is not good at all.

Is this a reflection on the lack of promotion, Glory's boring offseason, or Perth being a bandwagon town? Shocking turnout.

All 3 with bandwagoning being the main part. It has always been that way when it comes to the Glory. Last season we were getting crowds of about 10k per game and then come finals we sell out NIB then Optus. Same thing happened the year we lost in Brisbane too.

Dramatic finish!

Still surprises me that, if we're going to rely on "the line" as the sole arbiter, why it takes so long. Hawkeye manages to get LBW lines up pretty quickly in cricket.

Helps in cricket that the third umpire checks other replays like checking the front foot which gives time to prepare for ball tracking. VAR doesn't really get that luxury in offside situations.
I think I'm ok at the moment with the amount of time it is taking, as long as it ensures correct decisions. Probably in the minority but I might even come to enjoy the nerves and the build up before the VAR decision when watching live from the stadium.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

YOU LITTLE BEAUTY DIVINE DONOVAN !!!

VAR did the right thing for once.

A fairytale start to Fowler's Managerial Career at Roarcelona 👍👍👍👍👍
Do you actually support City, or just everyone

All 3 with bandwagoning being the main part. It has always been that way when it comes to the Glory. Last season we were getting crowds of about 10k per game and then come finals we sell out NIB then Optus. Same thing happened the year we lost in Brisbane too.
That’s just Australians in general though. People don’t like wasting their time if they perceive there is something better to do. They’ll leave a game at half time if they are losing 2-0 than waste another hour trying to get home and watch a second half.

in saying that, there’s been no marketing from the club or the league (not sure if the changeover with FFA has stopped clubs? Doubt it.) and they rely solely on social media. I remember last year they put some flyers in coffee shops. I mean, that was weak but at least it was something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back