A-League Round One - Another Melbourne Derby Opener!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Finally the new season is here! And some big games to kick the season off

Friday 11th October
Adelaide United V Sydney FC Hindmarsh Stadium 7:30pm EST

Saturday 11th October
Western Sydney V Central Coast BankWest Stadium 5:00pm EST
Melbourne Victory V Melbourne City Marvel Stadium 7:30pm EST

Sunday 13th October
Wellington Phoenix V Western United Westpac Stadium 4:00pm EST
Perth Glory V Brisbane Roar NIB Stadium 6:00pm EST

Bye: Newcastle Jets

Prediction: Adelaide 2-1 VictoryvCity 1-1 draw WSW 3-1 Wellington 2-0 Perth 1-0

Enjoy the opening Round people!!

Last edited:
Can't wait to get back in the shed on Sunday. It'll be interesting to see if our relatively poor form during pre-season carries over into the regular season or if we are able to hit the ground running. I expect a win, but Brizzy are somewhat of an unknown quantity coming into the season and I can see us just as likely coming away with a point each.

I had a notification. Which is odd never posted in here

To make it easy for people to keep in touch and informed across a series we will copy everyone's thread Watch over to each subsequent week.

This has worked really well with things like the Ashes test threads on the cricket board.

You should have received an alert to say your Watch of the off season thread had been moved to the round 1 thread.

If you do not want to watch round by round threads, just unwatch this thread and you won't be rolled over to subsequent rounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
I really think opening with a derby is not a good idea. Leave it for round 2 or 3.

Likewise with Wellington and Western United match up. Would likely be much more quality if players had already had a few competitive games and come in with some more form. But of course we couldn’t wait to get United to a game in New Zealand. Hopefully it won’t let us down.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Western Sydney rather than United I think you mean

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Big season ahead for the WSW new stadium, RBB apparently back on board, all the football media pretty much is on them. So no excuses not to deliver really.
But I still think their squad is really just average so i'm not expecting them to really threaten much this season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back