A-League Round Three - Top of the table Sydney Derby!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up until last month McLaren wasn't exactly banging them in for Australia either.
Maclaren doesn't have as much club pedigree though and has scored 5 more NT goals than McDonald ever did ;)

McDonald was getting chugged at the likes of Middlesbrough, Motherwell, Celtic etc for years.
Yeah pretty rubbish scheduling for a new side.
Their venue hasn't been built yet, FFA should've admitted them once it was built, 2-3 years too early imo

Wouldn't surprise me if McArthur was better established as I'm pretty sure the infrastructure will be there for them to utilise.

Glad City went for broke after Delbridge got sent off and didn't try park the bus

Pretty happy with Josh Brillante's game as well, really fit into our system nicely.
Yeah Brillante is going alright

Dunno what they see in Wales though, kid gets chance after chance, yet barely shows anything for mine

Yeah Brillante is going alright

Dunno what they see in Wales though, kid gets chance after chance, yet barely shows anything for mine
Pace and athleticism I think, has very heavy feet though

Their venue hasn't been built yet, FFA should've admitted them once it was built, 2-3 years too early imo

Wouldn't surprise me if McArthur was better established as I'm pretty sure the infrastructure will be there for them to utilise.

Are you a WU supporter yourself mate or MVFC? Where's the line between the 2 teams going to be drawn geographically? Laverton?

Are you a WU supporter yourself mate or MVFC? Where's the line between the 2 teams going to be drawn geographically? Laverton?
I'm a City fan (Heart from day one)

WU for mine is trying to get the West in general, like Western Bulldogs for example, but they will likely be known as a Wyndham club once their stadium is built

I'm a City fan (Heart from day one)

WU for mine is trying to get the West in general, like Western Bulldogs for example, but they will likely be known as a Wyndham club once their stadium is built

I understood they are targeting the growth areas in the west + Ballarat/Geelong. Interesting to see how many Geelong fans keep going weekly once they relocate to Tarneit. Did you head down to Geelong for the derby?

I understood they are targeting the growth areas in the west + Ballarat/Geelong. Interesting to see how many Geelong fans keep going weekly once they relocate to Tarneit. Did you head down to Geelong for the derby?
I haven't been since early 2018-19 season

Joyce can GAGF

Might go eventually again later in the season though

I've never seen us win a game live, majority of the time we draw (probably 65% draws, 35% losses)

I haven't been since early 2018-19 season

Joyce can GAGF

Might go eventually again later in the season though

I've never seen us win a game live, majority of the time we draw (probably 65% draws, 35% losses)

Come over to the Navy blue my friend. Closer to doggies colours and the club isbt run by an oil baron :)

Yuck

You lot stink and have a bandwagon fanbase

Bandwagon fan base? I don’t think so all I see at Victory matches is people decked out in Blue and white hardly bandwagon, I actually think Victory fans are one of the most loyal fan base of any club in Australia.

Anyway

Forza Napoli Champ!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bandwagon fan base? I don’t think so all I see at Victory matches is people decked out in Blue and white hardly bandwagon, I actually think Victory fans are one of the most loyal fan base of any club in Australia.

Anyway

Forza Napoli Champ!
Just because they wear the team colours doesn't mean they aren't bandwagoners.......

But I do agree, there's a few clubs with a more loyal fan base than others.

Just because they wear the team colours doesn't mean they aren't bandwagoners.......

But I do agree, there's a few clubs with a more loyal fan base than others.

OK.. A bandwagoner is someone who only turns up when a club is winning or just for one off events like a Grand Finals right?

I‘ve noticed Victory crowds over the last five or so years have averaged roughly around between 16-20k a match depending on venue, weather etc.. no matter if we’ve been winning or loosing. (Granted it’s nowhere near as big as the early years but that’s more an indication of the league and the fact our Active support has also been decimate) If we are winning a lot more of the membership base will turn up weekly and of course the bandwagoners that’s just common in any club or sport.

but we have a good core loyal base of 16-20k that turn up every week which is very good considering the leagues current postion.

Wait.. don’t West Coast pretty much pack out Optus stadium every second week? hardly bandwagon.

Like the Glory, only because they are winning. When they had a crap couple of seasons, they didn't even fill out Subi which had 20k less capacity. They also have a large member base which helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back