A-League Round Two - Kardinia Park Joins The Fun!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
A-League Round Two and it's a first home game for Western United down in Geelong, now Geelong can get to experience the joys of A-League football :)

Friday 18th October
Melbourne Victory V Western Sydney Wanderers, Marvel Stadium Melbourne, 7:30pm EST

Saturday 19th October
Western United V Perth Glory, GMHBA Stadium Geelong, 5:00pm EST (ABC broadcast match)
Central Coast Mariners V Newcastle Jets, Bluetongue Stadium Gosford, 7:30pm EST

Sunday 20th October
Melbourne City V Adelaide United, AAMI Park Melbourne, 4:00pm EST
Sydney FC V Wellington Phoenix, Leichardt Oval, Sydney 6:00pm EST

Bye: Brisbane Roar

Predictions: Victory 2-1, PerthVWU 1-1 draw, Newcastle 2-1 City 1-0 Sydney 4-1

Enjoy this round of football!

Last edited:
Would rather we win this week's fixture against Adelaide than the FFA CUP final tbh.

It's bit of a Mickey Mouse comp, and I firmly think City have the Squad and Gaffer to make a legit charge for the Toilet Seat.

The Western Derby :D at Kardinia Park looks like the match of the round (at least the most interesting on paper)

Would rather we win this week's fixture against Adelaide than the FFA CUP final tbh.

It's bit of a Mickey Mouse comp, and I firmly think City have the Squad and Gaffer to make a legit charge for the Toilet Seat.

The Western Derby :D at Kardinia Park looks like the match of the round (at least the most interesting on paper)
Disagree with all three paragraphs.

A trophy is a trophy. Both clubs will be taking it very seriously and you can still win the league if you don’t win this weekend.

City’s start to the season was lacklustre. I’d refrain from making such calls until you can put some form together.

Western United’s game is probably the third most interesting of the round.

Art Vandelay_ checking out WU at KP this weekend?
Same as when you try to get me to Victory games. The stupid muppets keep scheduling them for Saturday’s.

I’ll be in Barwon Heads playing cricket at 5pm

Same as when you try to get me to Victory games. The stupid muppets keep scheduling them for Saturday’s.

I’ll be in Barwon Heads playing cricket at 5pm

WU are playing City @ home Sun 27 6pm KO. Get on board!!! How much is the club being promoted down there? They really should be spending cash on wall to wall media coverage as I see that WU get a lot of home games at the start of the season.

A-League Round Two and it's a first home game for Western United down in Geelong, now Geelong can get to experience the joys of A-League football :)

Friday 18th October
Melbourne Victory V Western Sydney Wanderers, Marvel Stadium Melbourne, 7:30pm EST

Saturday 19th October
Western United V Perth Glory, GMHBA Stadium Geelong, 5:00pm EST (ABC broadcast match)
Central Coast Mariners V Newcastle Jets, Bluetongue Stadium Gosford, 7:30pm EST

Sunday 20th October
Melbourne City V Adelaide United, AAMI Park Melbourne, 4:00pm EST
Sydney FC V Wellington Phoenix, Leichardt Oval, Sydney 6:00pm EST

Bye: Brisbane Roar

Predictions: Victory 2-1, PerthVWU 1-1 draw, Newcastle 2-1 City 1-0 Sydney 4-1

Enjoy this round of football!

Times are one hour late

Very poor crowd at Marvel tonight. Starring to wonder if Western United has actually taken a bigger chunk of the MVFC fanbase than many thought or assumed (I have a mate Tom, who switched from Victory to WUFC because he lives down Tarneit way)

Will be interesting to see the crowd size at KP tomorrow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very poor crowd at Marvel tonight. Starring to wonder if Western United has actually taken a bigger chunk of the MVFC fanbase than many thought or assumed (I have a mate Tom, who switched from Victory to WUFC because he lives down Tarneit way)

Will be interesting to see the crowd size at KP tomorrow

Probably wont be a bad crowd number over all. From last weeks game (33k) it didn’t look as big a crowd then it actually was, would say probably a couple of k less than 33, but we shall see. Hope there is a decent crown up in Geelong (10-15k would be my prediction for the wu game)

We've got too many new signings, team looks disjointed. Replacing Honda, Baraborouses, Troisi & Antonis at once was always going to be a big ask.

Yet to be convinced by Kurz either and him coming from the land of the bogans doesnt help.
He is a better manager away from home where his tactics and style is better suited.

Be thankful there’s not relegation. Your team is s**t this year. And Robbie Kruse to come back.. lol.

And Adelaide land of the bogans? More like the city that doesn’t smell like piss everywhere you walk. Know of such a city? Or the city with beaches about 20 times better than anything you’ll find near Melbourne.

It’s stupid regular members for United can’t be at the end with the active members, a couple of bays over like Victory does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back