A-League transfer and rumours thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking to Corey Gameiro the other day he was all signed sealed and delivered pending a medical in Adelaide and he was organising housing and everything. I wonder what the offer was from Brisbane. What changed?

Speaking to Corey Gameiro the other day he was all signed sealed and delivered pending a medical in Adelaide and he was organising housing and everything. I wonder what the offer was from Brisbane. What changed?

He was? Honestly I wouldn't have wanted him anyway.

Yeah he was heading over early this week apparently to meet and was saying how once he'd found a place the mrs would come over too. Monday morning... Brisbane. Lol.
Huge risk for any team to sign him with his recent Injury history and our club has enough problems as it is.

Huge risk for any team to sign him with his recent Injury history and our club has enough problems as it is.

Yeah it certainly would be a risk. And I'm not going to sit here and pump his tyres either. Wish him the best and hope he gets a good run. Just don't know when Brisbane came into it. Somewhere between last Monday and the previous Friday evening obviously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are Brisbane trying to break the record for oldest team of all-time?

Theo, North, Papadopoulos, McKay, Holman, Kristensen, FBK and Maccarone are all/will likely all be regular first-team players and are all at least 32 years old.

Good luck getting much pressing from such an old and slow bunch. What are they thinking?

All these players signing on 1 year contracts doesn't give me much faith, I mean if the clubs aren't willing to give them a 2 year deal for coming half way across the world then I'm not going to be getting excited about it. That being said there are a couple of examples of players that came out for a year and did alright, Alan Baro comes to mind.

Visa players are risks so I do get it, but I dont like it either. Gulum is a loan deal so thats not so bad.

It's taken us a while but 2 good ones in 2 days.

Mark Bridge back at the Wanderers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back