A-League transfer and rumours thread

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/socc...-james-troisi-as-marquee-20170725-gxipju.html

Fairfax Media understands a deal could be concluded as early as Wednesday morning after Troisi and Melbourne City reached an agreement in principle for a contract worth about $600,000 per season.

I am sure Victory would have offered him that. Would near bet that Victory got sick of his (or his managers games) and withdrew all interest. Guttered I will be overseas for the derby if this does indeed happen.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/socc...-james-troisi-as-marquee-20170725-gxipju.html

Fairfax Media understands a deal could be concluded as early as Wednesday morning after Troisi and Melbourne City reached an agreement in principle for a contract worth about $600,000 per season.

I am sure Victory would have offered him that. Would near bet that Victory got sick of his (or his managers games) and withdrew all interest. Guttered I will be overseas for the derby if this does indeed happen.
Hahah * the atmosphere for that is going to be next level

Muscat didn't want him as Marquee probably 1) because he'll try to squeeze the club with every dollar he could 2) also because he'll probably be gone the first offer he'll get from overseas. 3) really he isn't all that worth it tbh no other A-league club apart from cashed up City have been chasing him nor have many overseas clubs, must say something also about his attitude and work ethic. I mean an Israel club rejected him ffs! Much would prefer Milligan who can offer loyalty and leadership as well as solid performances every week.

That said it's on Muscat's head if we don't land Milligan for that Marquee spot, and let Troisi slip away for a reportedly 100K difference.

Last edited:
Muscat didn't want him as Marquee probably 1) because he'll try to squeeze the club with every dollar he could 2) also because he'll probably be gone the first offer he'll get from overseas. 3) really he isn't all that worth it tbh no other A-league club apart from cashed up City have been chasing him nor have many overseas clubs, must say something also about his attitude and work ethic. I mean an Israel club rejected him ffs! Much would prefer Milligan who can offer loyalty and leadership as well as solid performances every week.

That said it's on Muscat's head if we don't land Milligan for that Marquee spot, and let Troisi slip away for a reportedly 100K difference.
A bit awkward now that you've said that, the Herald Sun reporting he's signed for Victory.

Mauk makes 4 starting 11 City players from our GF side. Petrillo must just look in his email list when he recruits.

On Troisi, is it confirmed ?? He's signed with 4 clubs at last count.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mauk makes 4 starting 11 City players from our GF side. Petrillo must just look in his email list when he recruits.

On Troisi, is it confirmed ?? He's signed with 4 clubs at last count.

There's and article by Matt Windley on the Victory thread it's paywalled but the conception is it's a done deal and he signed today! Twitter reaction is going nuts over it!

I'm not getting excited until it's official! Like you said he was supposedly already been signed by four other clubs! This could all turn to s**t in seconds.

Kosta, Troisi and Rojas could cause all sorts of issues.

:D :D :D

What a cluster* of a day in Melbourne!

I never thought I'd find myself thinking "thank Christ for South."

Troisi's manager gives hope to hack hangers on the world over.

I'd want to see City's squad finalised, before locking in the likes of La Rocca and Mauk for starting roles. I don't think any of those ex-Adelaide players are certainties to be permanent starters for our team.

I'd want to see City's squad finalised, before locking in the likes of La Rocca and Mauk for starting roles. I don't think any of those ex-Adelaide players are certainties to be permanent starters for our team.
Galekovic certainly will be, and I can't imagine Mauk would go for anything less.

Bouzanis kept Sorensen out of the first team a year after Sorensen had been named the best keeper in the league.
And Eugene is a much better keeper, and a much more stable character than Bouzanis. Keeping your head is a big issue for your side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back