A-Leagues Men and Women 2021/22 Off Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please be true. Please be true. Please be true.

210492406_3745241462246841_4848450437415174543_n.jpg

Won’t just be for City games.

Panthers stadium in Sydney is getting a rebuild, for more, and it has the same “only 1 club”.

Well how many other sports would be able to play their? League and Union are pretty much none existent in Victoria at local and community level especially to justify it with a 15k stadium. Other than City A-League and W-League matches maybe the odd FFA Cup match and once in a blue moon Matildas match I can't see it used for any other purpose.

Well how many other sports would be able to play their? League and Union are pretty much none existent in Victoria at local and community level especially to justify it with a 15k stadium. Other than City A-League and W-League matches maybe the odd FFA Cup match and once in a blue moon Matildas match I can't see it used for any other purpose.
I think it could attract the storm and rebels to play at the venue a handful of times a year. And then having the local leagues (of any three of the codes). Either way the 20+ home games (between aleague and w league) would be enough. As long as the commitment from city is there for all home games I think it would work well. Alot of stadiums only have one team playing at the venue each year.

I think the storm and rebels would be interested in playing one or two games there, along with the potential for local clubs to play there and maybe the npl Vic finals.

I think it could attract the storm and rebels to play at the venue a handful of times a year. And then having the local leagues (of any three of the codes). Either way the 20+ home games (between aleague and w league) and the addition of some npl, local soccer and some international and domestic league and union would work quite well, especially with a 15k cap. The number of venues that are only used for local leagues and the anchor tennent is considerable. Including most npl and epl sides, along with stadiums like Mt smart in Auckland.

I guess that could work, So why wasn't this scenario good enough for team11? I'm sure this would have been a part of their plan to build the stadium for their bid. and again what about WU 's stadium? Surly they'll want the some sort of deal to justify their stadium in future too. There isn't enough room for three dedicated rectangular stadiums in Greater Melbourne imo as well as Marvel which is being upgraded with the purpose it remains a multi-sports/entertainment events prescient, Its a little overkill and a waste of recourses for a a few extra matches of League and and Union to justify it.

Last edited:

I would say 1 off events, concerts, festivals etc.

I guess that could work, So why wasn't this scenario good enough for team11? I'm sure this would have been a part of their plan to build the stadium for their bid. and again what about WU 's stadium? Surly they'll want the some sort of deal to justify their stadium in future too. There isn't enough room for three dedicated rectangular stadiums in Greater Melbourne imo as well as Marvel which is being upgraded with the purpose it remains a multi-sports/entertainment events prescient, Its a little overkill and a waste of recourses for a a few extra matches of League and and Union to justify it.
Although marvel is multi-purpose, there is only 2 purposes that matter to the afl, being the afl itself and the cricket (although with aflw taking over more and more of summer, I dint know how long that will last).

I can only assume the ffa wanted one more Melbourne team and either the Western owners had more money or the Tarneit location made better sense.

I think any league or union commitment (which would be one game each, maybe two if they are lucky) would be a bonus. But the long term commitment (and partial funding by the football club involved would work). Both city, and united, would be playing at each stadium 20+ times a year, with the addition of the local comps and festivals and general events being extra incentive.

Aami Park can't handle the 3 A-League clubs, especially when winter gets into full swing. Im sure city (and the apl) have been frustrated about getting access when competing with victory, the rebels and, what seems to be the preferred/major Tennant, the storm.

Although marvel is multi-purpose, there is only 2 purposes that matter to the afl, being the afl itself and the cricket (although with aflw taking over more and more of summer, I dint know how long that will last).

I can only assume the ffa wanted one more Melbourne team and either the Western owners had more money or the Tarneit location made better sense.

I think any league or union commitment (which would be one game each, maybe two if they are lucky) would be a bonus. But the long term commitment (and partial funding by the football club involved would work). Both city, and united, would be playing at each stadium 20+ times a year, with the addition of the local comps and festivals and general events being extra incentive.

Aami Park can't handle the 3 A-League clubs, especially when winter gets into full swing. Im sure city (and the apl) have been frustrated about getting access when competing with victory, the rebels and, what seems to be the preferred/major Tennant, the storm.

I just feel its some what of a rort if this stadium gets up and going. Team11 had a good bid going and could have build a good community club and feel if the local council and state government had committed them a stadium. Instead we now have an established mega oil football group flashing their cash and pushing in and getting all the benefits when a local club and community could have benefited. Not to say the community wouldn't benefit under the current arrangement with CFG but it just would have felt local and not manufactured for the benefit of CFG primary. Who's to say that CFG wont find something better in future and desert the area just like they did Latrobe Uni and the North? Which they can do in a whimper if they want.
WU still ain't any closer to building their stadium which was promised. Poor decisions all round. Team11 got shafted big time! I would be furious If I was part of that bid.

Last edited:
No more marvel stadium for victory.

No more marvel stadium for victory.

Smart move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had to check this wasn't a gag.

That'll just about see Western/Geelong/Footscray/Sunshine/Ballarat/Launceston "United" out I reckon. Their results won't improve under Aloisi. They sure as s**t won't be any closer to a stadium by then.

They are just the last club in the A-League I'd be signing with if I were a half-way decent player who can drum up interest from other clubs. I'd move to NZ before I agreed to drive from Thornbury to the western suburbs and play for this pretend club.

I had to check this wasn't a gag.

That'll just about see Western/Geelong/Footscray/Sunshine/Ballarat/Launceston "United" out I reckon. Their results won't improve under Aloisi. They sure as sh*t won't be any closer to a stadium by then.

They are just the last club in the A-League I'd be signing with if I were a half-way decent player who can drum up interest from other clubs. I'd move to NZ before I agreed to drive from Thornbury to the western suburbs and play for this pretend club.

Sooooo not a fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back