Channel 10, Paramount Plus TV Rights Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

There's way too many

Netflix was great initially, got people away from pirating a bit but it's splintered into 10 different things

Fox sports was great but it's slowly going the same way.

In the end, we'll all be pirating again...
It all adds up and they aren't all that good. I hope paramount is atleast 100 times better then its current counterpart. There is also a good number of shows on multiple platforms.

I pay $5/month for Kayo and that's all I need. I don't care about anything else other than sport. So I won't be signing up for another service that isn't all sport and filled with crap I won't watch. Much less sport for nearly twice the price, no thanks. If the A-League leaves Kayo then I'll find other ways.

But it's great the league has some security. $40mil/year is the same as the previous deal I think, not too bad in tough times. What other extras are thrown in or taken away who knows? A floating fixture would help get the best "match of the round" possible for Saturday nights.

I pay $5/month for Kayo and that's all I need. I don't care about anything else other than sport. So I won't be signing up for another service that isn't all sport and filled with crap I won't watch. Much less sport for nearly twice the price, no thanks. If the A-League leaves Kayo then I'll find other ways.

But it's great the league has some security. $40mil/year is the same as the previous deal I think, not too bad in tough times. What other extras are thrown in or taken away who knows? A floating fixture would help get the best "match of the round" possible for Saturday nights.
Isn't that telstra deal only for this season? It will likely go upto approx $25 next.

Kayo is still the best deal sportswise, but I don't think it will last. Can see the Amazon picking up a major player, and Stan want more content (having already picked up tennis and consistent rumours regarding the basketball)

I am a casual fan really, just gotten into the league this year. I got fox for the footy initially.

Played the game, but always enjoyed footy and basketball more as viewing spectacles personally.

I probably would have continued to build my interest in a league if it remained on fox, might try out the new service but there would be many like me who will happily watch and enjoy it off its convenient but will not yet go out of their way to do so.

My wife watches stuff on Stan, so would have watched seeing as we already subscribe to that. I am fortunate to have a job that pays really well, but it seems ridiculous to pay for 4 different subscription platforms.

Best case scenario to me would have been some free to air presence and fox commit to adequate coverage and some analysis and entertainment shows related to the league additionally.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Isn't that telstra deal only for this season? It will likely go upto approx $25 next.
I think its safe to assume that as long as telstra and the AFL are working together that Kayo will continue to be discounted.

I am a casual fan really, just gotten into the league this year. I got fox for the footy initially.

Played the game, but always enjoyed footy and basketball more as viewing spectacles personally.

I probably would have continued to build my interest in a league if it remained on fox, might try out the new service but there would be many like me who will happily watch and enjoy it off its convenient but will not yet go out of their way to do so.

My wife watches stuff on Stan, so would have watched seeing as we already subscribe to that. I am fortunate to have a job that pays really well, but it seems ridiculous to pay for 4 different subscription platforms.

Best case scenario to me would have been some free to air presence and fox commit to adequate coverage and some analysis and entertainment shows related to the league additionally.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
The reports I've heard was that there would be a magazine show along with the game on ten. Which would hit your preferences perfectly (although obviously not on fox, which doesn't seem to have ever been a real possibility).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think its safe to assume that as long as telstra and the AFL are working together that Kayo will continue to be discounted.
I'm sure there probably will be, just not sure how much the discount will be, doubting that it will be $20 off each month.

That's the one. Of course if it goes up I'll have to reassess my options.

Fingers crossed. I was actually about to move off Telstra just as they annouced the Kayo discount. So I stayed with Telstra, signed up for Kayo, and I get a stack of sport.... a win for all parties hehe. If prices go up then I might dump it all.

Another important factor is even though that one Saturday night A-league game is on free to air on channel 10, you need to wonder how much it will be advertised.

Will the FFA or 10 or both will pump cash into advertising the A-league game?

Im curious on what 9 would of done.

Glad channel 7 didn't get the rights

Another important factor is even though that one Saturday night A-league game is on free to air on channel 10, you need to wonder how much it will be advertised.

Will the FFA or 10 or both will pump cash into advertising the A-league game?

Im curious on what 9 would of done.

Glad channel 7 didn't get the rights
You would think so as they have actually bought a percentage of the league.

Kayo is still the best deal sportswise, but I don't think it will last. Can see the Amazon picking up a major player, and Stan want more content (having already picked up tennis and consistent rumours regarding the basketball)
Let Amazon, Stan etc splinter our good sports coverage. Anyone whos remotely tech savvy wont bother and will stream it illegally. Who tf wants 3, 4, 5+ subscriptions. These companies are so out of touch

Let Amazon, Stan etc splinter our good sports coverage. Anyone whos remotely tech savvy wont bother and will stream it illegally. Who tf wants 3, 4, 5+ subscriptions. These companies are so out of touch
People will choose what sports they actually want to watch. Both league and afl will likley always continue to have fta coverage (through the anti-siphoning list). Its probably good to have splintering so there is the oxygen for the sports to grow, Rugby and basketball have all be successful in having that oxygen and care from the business that is supplying the broadcasting service.

Probably the most interesting part of the deal:

the APL will start producing Paramount+ gameday content, from commentary and camera vision of matchdays all the way to a free-to-air A-League panel show.

So as I thought for a while, APL is happy to do production of content. Makes me wonder why Optus didn't go harder for it.

People will choose what sports they actually want to watch. Both league and afl will likley always continue to have fta coverage (through the anti-siphoning list). Its probably good to have splintering so there is the oxygen for the sports to grow, Rugby and basketball have all be successful in having that oxygen and care from the business that is supplying the broadcasting service.

Rugby is on its last legs lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back