A-Leagues & Football Australia General Chat and News Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They seem to be throwing a lot of funds around at the moment for Australian Football, I hope they don't expect much of a return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Farewell Fox Sports it’s been a fun 16 years! let’s not forget if it wasn’t for Fox in the first place we may not have even had an A-League to begin with and it probably would not have gotten the mainstream coverage it had at its peak. It was big reason I become interested in the A-League well.. so early on anyway their early coverage of the league was fantastic.

This is a brilliant highlights package that brings back some good and bad memories. There’s been some rich history created in this league let’s hope with the new TV deal that can continue to be preserved.

Farewell Fox Sports it’s been a fun 16 years! let’s not forget if it wasn’t for Fox in the first place we may not have even had an A-League to begin with and it probably would not have gotten the mainstream coverage it had at its peak. It was big reason I become interested in the A-League well.. so early on anyway their early coverage of the league was fantastic.

This is a brilliant highlights package that brings back some good and bad memories. There’s been some rich history created in this league let’s hope with the new TV deal that can continue to be preserved.

Needs way more 20/21 Melbourne City

I hope we remain grateful to the Fox Sports team as the sport continues to grow with 10's investment and as the history of Australian football continues to be written. I mean, * Murdoch - I mean their onscreen team, their off screen team, their web team etc.

They very much took the mantle from Les and Johnny in preaching the virtue of football - not just talking about the sport, but promoting it, loving it, being excited about it. And they did the same with women's football - a whole new growth market that, due in large part to Fox Sports, has almost created a whole new sport for women that we're good at!

Yes, listening to Slater call the smurfs or Archie call the vuck are among the more turgid football experiences you'll go through, but you look back at their commitment to it with the Sunday night panel show, the Monday highlights show, the Saturday match day show, the the women's coverage that I mentioned... no one has ever treated football as being so worthy. And from a political perspective, I've always considered football coverage important, because it's a lot of children's first exposure to diversity. I remember living in Tassie and getting SBS just in time for the 1994 World Cup... it was almost the first I'd conceived of a world outside Australia. It was, aside from the West Indies, the first I'd seen of countries where most of the players weren't white - but even the WIndies were a bit of an outlier when we saw so much of England, New Zealand and South Africa at the time.

They paid overs for the rights until COVID, they provided excellent coverage until COVID - the Cup night's with the bell and the highlight from the other game was always great fun. I hope that Paramount give us some sort of similar centralised Cup coverage. And I hope that footballer's preacher men - namely Mark Bosnich and Simon Hill (Harps to a lesser extent) find jobs with 10. Hill and Bozza had pretty much taken over Les and Johnny's mantle as Mr and Mrs Football in Australia - they have to be top of 10's shopping list.

https://www.wufc.com.au/news/a-letter-chairman

Progress on Wyndham City Stadium was also made this season, with the project given a key planning amendment from State Government due to its state significance.

We continue to work on our stadium project with designing underway, and the appointment of a project manager and builder also imminent.

Please cancel their license asap.

What an awesome video. Shame such marketing is never done in the aleague, hopefully a sign of things to come.

Progress on Wyndham City Stadium was also made this season, with the project given a key planning amendment from State Government due to its state significance.

We continue to work on our stadium project with designing underway, and the appointment of a project manager and builder also imminent.

C'mon mate, waiting for the Government and designing...things and finding a builder is hard work, don't ya know.:D

I heard it's going to be turned in to a purpose built quarantine facility

https://www.soccerscene.com.au/west...llenge-we-have-in-our-game-is-infrastructure/

Western United CEO Chris Pehlivanis: “The biggest challenge we have in our game is infrastructure”

The nerve of this guy to even mention this in the interview. Also an absolute puff piece, follow up question should have been "So when can we expect works to begin on the Tarneit stadium"?

I absolutely hate that this club was given the go ahead on obvious false promises over other locations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back