A-Leagues & Football Australia General Chat and News Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Decent start to the second half. Shame there's probably not many who'll watch the A-League after this.

70k there too.
The only way it works is if it's competitive or a crazy atmosphere from the home team. Atmosphere seems a bit AFL like but the team of misfits is doing well.

Even Victory vs Liverpool the Victory fans held their own and made it fun.

The only way it works is if it's competitive or a crazy atmosphere from the home team. Atmosphere seems a bit AFL like but the team of misfits is doing well.

Even Victory vs Liverpool the Victory fans held their own and made it fun.

My in-laws have a place up on the coast so even as a neutral think I'm going to try to get to more CCM games next season.

My in-laws have a place up on the coast so even as a neutral think I'm going to try to get to more CCM games next season.
I drove through there some time ago and around the ground and am dying to watch a game there.

I drove through there some time ago and around the ground and am dying to watch a game there.

Went to an Adelaide game there two seasons ago, was fantastic. Great spot for a game. Felt like being in England for a game. Got the train to the station, walk down to a pub, get a pre-game beer and meal, walk to the stadium sat in the away bay right by the water, it was brilliant.

It's like how I perform in a job interview and then a week later I am having 2 hour lunch breaks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched a bit of it, was good.
Garang Kuol needs to be brought into the Socceroos squad sooner rather than later. Kid has a bright future.

He's only 17, no need to rush him.

He's only 17, no need to rush him.
If Australia was flushed with young talented attacking players I'd agree. Fact is our creative/attacking players suck. I'd rather at least get him into the squad and exposed to the environment of the national team sooner rather than later. Doesn't mean he has to start games or even play, but get him into the squad. Not necessarily for the qualifiers, but if we do or don't progress, he should be in the frame for 2023 national team squads.

If Australia was flushed with young talented attacking players I'd agree. Fact is our creative/attacking players suck. I'd rather at least get him into the squad and exposed to the environment of the national team sooner rather than later. Doesn't mean he has to start games or even play, but get him into the squad. Not necessarily for the qualifiers, but if we do or don't progress, he should be in the frame for 2023 national team squads.
Irankunda looks pretty exciting too.

16 and 17 years old, maybe Australia might actually have some flair and excitement in the strike pairing in the future!

The fact they both aren't even 18 is the most exciting. Can't wait to see them over the next couple of years.

I guess I look at Toure moving to WUN and not really progressing and hope they both get the right development pathways.

Kuol over in Germany looks to be doing ok.

While both Garang Kuol and Irankunda look promising you'd like to see them make the starting line-up for their clubs first before talking about Socceroos call ups.

I think that, while there’s a mix of stars and youngsters, and for as long as we’re getting good opposition for them to play against, the All Stars concept has legs. I think the match and the result last night was a good ad for the league.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think that, while there’s a mix of stars and youngsters, and for as long as we’re getting good opposition for them to play against, the All Stars concept has legs. I think the match and the result last night was a good ad for the league.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would like to see it moved around too not just played in Sydney all the time.

I would like to see it moved around too not just played in Sydney all the time.

I think there'd be enormous benefit to playing it in a market that needs some help that season. I know they've got their own teams visiting, however I think Brisbane or Perth could've benefited from this match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back