A-Leagues & Football Australia General Chat and News Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sage loses ~$5m every year when it isn't Covid. 7 million over 2 years is nothing.

For shareholders it is lol. They take a massive hit on their 'investment'

Anyhow assuming those tweets are true, probably means Popa is safe at the Vuck (till at least the end of the season, probably longer)

Why are you so invested in this?

Weirdo.
Coz I can't stand the plastic A-League and can't wait for division 2 with real clubs. Its funny coz FFA tried to erase this by blaming ethnics and NSL clubs for it but its still happening now.

Secondly Victory fans remind me of LFC fans always blaming other for their crap, victim blaming Glover and now he's gonna play and they're banned haha :poo:

Coz I can't stand the plastic A-League and can't wait for division 2 with real clubs. Its funny coz FFA tried to erase this by blaming ethnics and NSL clubs for it but its still happening now.

Secondly Victory fans remind me of LFC fans always blaming other for their crap, victim blaming Glover and now he's gonna play and they're banned haha :poo:

I can’t wait for the second tier also, it should be a sweet success. Hopefully it gets some extra funding, even with a small financial loss, we must have another national tier.

Why is the A-League plastic? All clubs start somewhere. Then all NPL clubs were plastic too when they started, with their plastic fans. Not how I think of it.

FFA weren’t the ones erasing NSL clubs because of violence, the clubs were inflicting sh*t on themselves by not dealing with it (like Victory for too many years now). No one wanted to touch the league. The game needed new clubs to expand into markets because the ethnic tied clubs weren’t going to cut it for support (Hellas aside). It's not BECAUSE they were ethnics, but partly because they had their own small niche markets. Some have seen the light over the years and opened themselves up more, a necessity to survive for most. Even Hellas talk about zones and markets and corridoors now. It's not erasing history, that would be atrocious, just moving with the times.

And Victory fans blaming Glover are just the minority morons and don’t represent the masses. I'd love nothing more than for those pricks to never come back.

Mate, don't be blinded by hatred like Bucketman is, or living with a chip on the shoulder. It's all not as bad as you think it is :thumbsupemoji:

The irony of a Man U fan calling other fans plastic isn't lost on me.

I think the username “typeclub” has gone over everyone’s head Lol. We all know what typecast mean. In this case, his specific role is to change clubs whenever his favourite player changes clubs.

He’s not a Manchester United supporter.

For shareholders it is lol. They take a massive hit on their 'investment'

Anyhow assuming those tweets are true, probably means Popa is safe at the Vuck (till at least the end of the season, probably longer)

The tweets are absolutely laughable. Victory have made a profit pretty much every year aside from covid.

The timing of the tweet is the most obvious clue. If there was even a slight hint of truth this woukd have been a story a long tine ago.

How do you think these 'real clubs' will improve the League when they couldn't do it back in the olds NSL days? Where are they gonna find new fans apart from their small communities? How will they generate sponsorship and money?
Its easy to say err plastic clubs suck real clubs are good blah blah blah.. What have these 'real clubs' got apart from tradition that will make a real difference? What have they learnt from the past that will make them the shining light and savior of Australian Football? Judging from the Australia Cup Final not much at all still stuck in the old ways.

We all want a second division to prosper and have relegation promotion too but it requires money, investment and change from all stakeholders that so far we don't have.

Last edited:
How do you think these 'real clubs' will improve the League when they couldn't do it back in the olds NSL days? Where are they gonna find new fans apart from their small communities? How will they generate sponsorship and money?
Its easy to say err plastic clubs suck real clubs are good blah blah blah.. What have these 'real clubs' got apart from tradition that will make a real difference? What have they learnt from the past that will make them the shining light and savior of Australian Football? Judging from the Australia Cup Final not much at all still stuck in the old ways.

We all want a second division to prosper and have relegation promotion too but it requires money, investment and change from all stakeholders that so far we don't have.

Don't waste your time on him.

The main problem for me with getting rid of the NSL and starting the more professional was getting rid of all the ethnic clubs and flags/national identity (aside from the Dutch flavoured Brisbane Roar oddly) and insulting all the ethnic/migrant supporters and stalwarts of Australian Football who built the game here from the 30s or so onwards.

And the junior pathways to success in the NSL is/was still a lot more success than the current set up in the FFA/A League structure (although our success at the world cup was very encouraging)

Finally I miss those lovable Seeds Vendors at A League games. Only seen one of those old codgers at one Melbourne City game whereas I still see them around at various NPL and state league games I occasionally attend.

Who cares the A-League is a joke as are the plastic fans. Look at crowds, absolute trash apart from Melbourne Victory and even being as trash as it is its declining every year for multiple years hahaha. So the FFA have no clue, the new APL are proving to be just as stupid as well with the grand final allocation. I can't wait for 2nd tier crowds to top some of the plastic clubs they put in. Even when you look at the best club by far Victory, my local junior team has more history and authenticity than that plastic club.

I can’t wait for the second tier also, it should be a sweet success. Hopefully it gets some extra funding, even with a small financial loss, we must have another national tier.

Why is the A-League plastic? All clubs start somewhere. Then all NPL clubs were plastic too when they started, with their plastic fans. Not how I think of it.

FFA weren’t the ones erasing NSL clubs because of violence, the clubs were inflicting sh*t on themselves by not dealing with it (like Victory for too many years now). No one wanted to touch the league. The game needed new clubs to expand into markets because the ethnic tied clubs weren’t going to cut it for support (Hellas aside). It's not BECAUSE they were ethnics, but partly because they had their own small niche markets. Some have seen the light over the years and opened themselves up more, a necessity to survive for most. Even Hellas talk about zones and markets and corridoors now. It's not erasing history, that would be atrocious, just moving with the times.

And Victory fans blaming Glover are just the minority morons and don’t represent the masses. I'd love nothing more than for those pricks to never come back.

Mate, don't be blinded by hatred like Bucketman is, or living with a chip on the shoulder. It's all not as bad as you think it is :thumbsupemoji:
Why is the A-League plastic? Because they made branded clubs from scratch with zero connection to the communities and zero history. Its not rocket science is it. They didn't even have junior teams when they started and their junior teams now are trash also compared to real clubs.

Even when the NSL clubs rebranded it still wasn't good enough for the corrupt FFA who made a bunch of soulless plastic clubs that all failed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The main problem for me with getting rid of the NSL and starting the more professional was getting rid of all the ethnic clubs and flags/national identity (aside from the Dutch flavoured Brisbane Roar oddly) and insulting all the ethnic/migrant supporters and stalwarts of Australian Football who built the game here from the 30s or so onwards.

And the junior pathways to success in the NSL is/was still a lot more success than the current set up in the FFA/A League structure (although our success at the world cup was very encouraging)

Finally I miss those lovable Seeds Vendors at A League games. Only seen one of those old codgers at one Melbourne City game whereas I still see them around at various NPL and state league games I occasionally attend.
Yep very soulless enjoy buying your beer and pie for 25 bucks, fill the FFA pockets supporting your plastic club.

They even shut down the AIS another reason for the garbage coming through the youth systems.

Oh no can't handle some criticism of the A-League? Nice one snowflake

No, just can't handle post after post from someone as mindless as you. You're a pathetic troll who hasn't outgrown the mentality of a 13 year old and should have been banned from this site years ago. You forget too quickly that I used to do a podcast you'd occasionally come on where you showed your true colours.

No, just can't handle post after post from someone as mindless as you. You're a pathetic troll who hasn't outgrown the mentality of a 13 year old and should have been banned from this site years ago. You forget too quickly that I used to do a podcast you'd occasionally come on where you showed your true colours.
Yeah you kept asking me to come on your podcast as I was obviously lighting it up and I wasn't any different, I was trolling there as I do here for laughs it was fun but if you're so mad scroll past if you can't take some banter. Not gonna personally insult you though you'd be way too easy haha.

Yeah you kept asking me to come on your podcast as I was obviously lighting it up and I wasn't any different, I was trolling there as I do here for laughs it was fun but if you're so mad scroll past if you can't take some banter. Not gonna personally insult you though you'd be way too easy haha.

Exactly, you were a troll who giggled at your own jokes like a 12 year old. Thanks for making my point for me.

Who cares the A-League is a joke as are the plastic fans. Look at crowds, absolute trash apart from Melbourne Victory and even being as trash as it is its declining every year for multiple years hahaha. So the FFA have no clue, the new APL are proving to be just as stupid as well with the grand final allocation. I can't wait for 2nd tier crowds to top some of the plastic clubs they put in. Even when you look at the best club by far Victory, my local junior team has more history and authenticity than that plastic club.

A few points there...
I wouldn't say the A-League is a joke, the product is actually fine, but I'd say that the APL haven't covered themselves in glory.
What makes plastic fans in your mind? Do you mean bandwagoners?
APL is just as stupid? Yeah I can't disagree with that at this point.
2nd tier crowds will top A-League clubs? Yeah I don't doubt that either. There's obviously bigger markets and scope for growth with the A-League though. Western United aren't much chop right now, but if they pull it all together out west... they might well end up bigger than Victory in 20 years.
Again though, "plastic"? The clubs that enter the second tier should get a decent boost too hopefully.

Why is the A-League plastic? Because they made branded clubs from scratch with zero connection to the communities and zero history. Its not rocket science is it. They didn't even have junior teams when they started and their junior teams now are trash also compared to real clubs.

Even when the NSL clubs rebranded it still wasn't good enough for the corrupt FFA who made a bunch of soulless plastic clubs that all failed.

So it's plastic to make clubs from "scratch" with "zero history"? Mmm, that's a facepalm moment, sorry mate. Literally every club that has ever existed in any sport on this planet was created and started with zero history. I'm not a fan of GWS or the Suns, but I don't call their fans or clubs plastic... I don't think they should exist in the first place, but clubs and fans are real. But yeah I think A-League clubs should do more to connect with communities, feels like they're not getting that right.
The club rebranding was an embarrassment and just sh*t. A new league with new clubs and markets was required, rebranding was just unnecessary and hurtful. Yeah new clubs start souless, but that's something that builds over time. How have all of them failed?

There's no doubt that the organisations have screwed up many times in the past and present. I've blasted them recently, they sh*t me off too. But you can't call me or my club plastic. And I don't go around laughing and wishing for others to fail... although I would probably understand the pain if my club was left out of a new league, even though it was for the greater good.

Exactly, you were a troll who giggled at your own jokes like a 12 year old. Thanks for making my point for me.
Friend Poo GIF

Yep very soulless enjoy buying your beer and pie for 25 bucks, fill the FFA pockets supporting your plastic club.

They even shut down the AIS another reason for the garbage coming through the youth systems.
The. FFA. Do. Not. Run. The. A-League.

Sanctions for Victory announced. Alot of people are saying they aren't big enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back