A-Leagues & Football Australia General Chat and News Thread

My only issue is its punishing the fans that did absolutely * all wrong whilst the campaigners that did it essentially get away with a slap on the wrist.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Sanctions for Victory announced. Alot of people are saying they aren't big enough.

I think its a big hit financially for the club considering the situation the club is in economically.

In terms of sporting sanctions its gonna be bloody hard with a 10 point deduction suspension over our heads for three seasons knowing any a-hole who throws a flare or jumps the fences will cost us. Closing both active ends for the rest of the season will bloody hurt!

Last edited:

AJ_2000

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2007
Right Here.... Right Now.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Houston Roughnecks
Sanctions for Victory announced. Alot of people are saying they aren't big enough.

I'd be one of those...

AJ_2000

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2007
Right Here.... Right Now.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Houston Roughnecks

Game will resume from the 22nd minute with city leading 1-0 😱

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

Well I am happy with that outcome.

So what happens to the people who had tickets to the match originally? Like Quiv said, lot of people including those who didn't do anything wrong on the day getting punished too.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
So what happens to the people who had tickets to the match originally? Like Quiv said, lot of people including those who didn't do anything wrong on the day getting punished too.
You're allowed to return the ticket to the place of purchase and will be given a voucher to BCF of the same value.

Not awarding City the three points is a complete joke, basically encourages fans to disrupt games if their team is losing.

How do you figure? It's not like they abandoned and awarded a point each, it's resuming..

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Not awarding City the three points is a complete joke, basically encourages fans to disrupt games if their team is losing.

At 1 goal down after 20 minutes? Lol. If anything what you are saying encourages a team to send some "fans" to the away area and disrupt a game once they are winning. Match gets abandoned and 3 points to the team in front!

IMO makes no sense to replay the game from 22 minutes in April. A completely different set of players will be playing under completely different conditions. Replaying it from 20 minutes would have made sense if it were replayed immediately mid week after the game. Not way down the track.

So, nothing? These w***ers setting themselves up as the voice of the supporters even though nobody asked them to caved in to the APL at the first chance they got. Way to go, arseholes.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Do we need anymore evidence that clubs should be playing in smaller boutique venues or are we still going with the fish where the sharks are or whatever the rubbish we've been fed for years. Fans are so far ahead of the administrates here. The TV dollars they've always chased have never arrived.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide

Where the * has the Paramount and Silverlake money gone?! MV, ccm money troubles. We're kidding ourselves if more aren't knackered...

The cost of a womens team is probably enough to get a marquee player in. I know which puts bums in seats but no one will dare have that discussion so clubs lose lots there. Probably need a royal commission into the money being syphoned out of clubs/FFA/APL etc into consultants/execs pockets too. Bet Townsends on a good wicket to practically kill the league himself

Seriously, get the defibrillators out. This league has 2 years left, max. Its over, absolutely no way it can continue as is

Other ways to make money for the league.... get ready for a best of 5 Grand Final series!
And play them all in Sydney/NSW to give a massive advantage to all NSW clubs, I mean engage the fan support of all members and supporters around the country and start a tradition that will last forever :drunk:

Back