A long long time ago

Remove this Banner Ad

Ladhams was in irresistible form against SANFL ruckmen, Zac Clarke who may as well be an SANFL ruckman, and a team that didn't even have a ruckman. He had literally zero exposed form against a ruckman anywhere near the quality of Todd Goldstein. Round 22 of a season where we were one win away from all but securing a finals spot was not the time to run that experiment.
Don't experiment in Round 22? Hell, Ken will experiment in an elimination final. Remember the selection of Marshall (for about his 3rd game) ahead of Trengove in the final against the West Coast. An incomprehensibly bone headed decision that cost us the game.

Don't experiment in Round 22? Hell, Ken will experiment in an elimination final. Remember the selection of Marshall (for about his 3rd game) ahead of Trengove in the final against the West Coast. An incomprehensibly bone headed decision that cost us the game.

Trengove was a terrible forward and if he'd been in the side we probably would've lost by more.

Trengove was a terrible forward and if he'd been in the side we probably would've lost by more.
Doubt it.
Marshall was on McGovern, who - once he realised he was playing on a raw kid - ate him up, spat him out and ran around and had a party of possessions all night. Trengove could at least have played a defensive role on McGovern (as he did shutting Alex Rance down for a bit earlier in the season.) Tell me that option wouldn't have improved matters by at least one point.
Trengove or whomever - the point is selection of a raw third gamer was not what you want for any final in any team.

I wonder if we compromised our culture trading out Jacko? He may not have been a super star but he bled the club and had a passion to win.
I think we did - he was a "heart and soul" guy. Another mismanagement example too, I think - he paid the price for selflessly plugging holes in ruck and up forward.
And I worry we'll do the same with Howard.

Where’s our hope going to come from?

No top 4 since 07.
3 finals series
Last win in 14.

I really see a gutting in senior players, a lack of 23-26 year olds with our hope recruiting some Matt Thomas and Tom Logan types.

It looks dark for a few years IMO

I wonder if we compromised our culture trading out Jacko? He may not have been a super star but he bled the club and had a passion to win.
I think we did - he was a "heart and soul" guy. Another mismanagement example too, I think - he paid the price for selflessly plugging holes in ruck and up forward.
The first cut is the deepest.

Prediction. 👌

Remove this Banner Ad

Back