Opinion A mark of respect

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFC and PAFC don't have much in common, but today, our enemies are our brothers. Tragedy has brought us together.

As a joint mark of respect by both the AFC and PAFC I think the Showdown trophy, or medal, should be renamed after Walshy.

Thoughts?
The same thing was suggested when Bailey passed.

As I said then, wait a few months and see if it still feels appropriate.

Allow the dust to settle but a man who had such a profound impact at both our clubs should be remembered in some way. However, I think this call should be left up to his family.

A tribute at the next showdown (joint banner, players from both sides arm in arm with eachother for a minutes silence would be a beautiful tribute in my eyes)

I've heard the Bailey/Walsh cup floating around. Would be fully supportive of it.

Other than that, what can we do as supporters? Can't believe we're talking about this
I support the Walsh-Bailey cup. It would be a fitting gesture and also a reminder before every showdown that there are things in life more important than footy. We tend to get a bit carried away with the rivalry in this state.

Allow the dust to settle but a man who had such a profound impact at both our clubs should be remembered in some way. However, I think this call should be left up to his family.

A tribute at the next showdown (joint banner, players from both sides arm in arm with eachother for a minutes silence would be a beautiful tribute in my eyes)

I wasn't going to the game but might try to now. I will wear the scarf of both Clubs on that day. We are one and the same when it really gets down to it.

Agree with this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The same thing was suggested when Bailey passed.

As I said then, wait a few months and see if it still feels appropriate.

Agreed. Everything is super emotional after someone passes away, and it always seems like the first thing people want to do is name something after the deceased. Let the dust settle first.

The Showdown will be a sombre occassion and whilst I love our INXS song prior to 99% of our games I'd rather on this occassion that we stand silent as one proud and passionate PAFC and AFC group with our scarves raised high in respect of the great man! There is always a large contingent of supporters from both sides at each showdown. Maybe a draw would be apt.

I wasn't going to the game but might try to now. I will wear the scarf of both Clubs on that day. We are one and the same when it really gets down to it.
My first reaction, as a football supporter, was you're crazy but when I thought about this would be a beautiful thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back