Preview A Noir Night At The Pineapple: Brisbane Lions V Gold Coast Suns - Round 5 @ The Gabba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forward We Go

Cancelled
Mar 20, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not happy with Walker being out. No A Grader but offers a target at both ends, feel that will hurt us. Im scared about what their bigs are going to do to us.
Josh was a good target in the 2nd half of last season, this year so far....nope. His effort and workrate needs to lift in the NEAFL and I am sure he will be back in the seniors soon.

Comeback Lions

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2017
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sydney Uni Flames
McStay.
Its time for Dan to stand up now. He's 23 years old, played 62 games, now in his 5th year with the Lions. If there is no significant improvement in him going forward from this game, I seriously think he may be on the outer. Now is his chance.
Yep... completely agree. It makes no sense for McStay to play forward in the twos and then go back. And Allison at 195, gives us another option to cover their talls and he's being playing in defence.

Forward We Go

Cancelled
Mar 20, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
A win here won't be an indicator of improvement.We've won these clashes over the years but only because they are the Suns and then continued on to be a rabble.With that said I hope some of the boys get a good Gatorade dousing on Sunday.
A win here will be huge for the club. A loss will be devastating. A loss this Sunday and we probably become favourites for the spoon.

marooned

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Find it hard to fathom Cutler holding his spot after not making one tackle last week.

A win here will be huge for the club. A loss will be devastating. A loss this Sunday and we probably become favourites for the spoon.
Huge for the club ? Don't buy it.

A loss won't be entirely unexpected either.

LIONS08

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I am actually pretty excited by this team. The best our forward line has worked all year was against port I feel and the only change from that is McStay for Walker. Cutler, Lester and Basti have all showed they can go forward at stages and kick a few! If we lower our eyes going forward I can see it going quiet well. Basti has been solid in the twos and I’m glad to see him being rewarded! I can see a nice win here!

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

You're basically saying this game is a loss/loss.
A win here gives us huge confidence to say that this gameplan is continuing to work. You can't just assume that we will win because it is Gold Coast, they are still a team that is newly coached.

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I am actually pretty excited by this team. The best our forward line has worked all year was against port I feel and the only change from that is McStay for Walker. Cutler, Lester and Basti have all showed they can go forward at stages and kick a few! If we lower our eyes going forward I can see it going quiet well. Basti has been solid in the twos and I’m glad to see him being rewarded! I can see a nice win here!
Yep, l think you are right in that we are going in with the intention to lower our eyes. Bastinac is the best at it and if we do bomb it long then May is going to have a field day.
Go no idea with McStay, if he is playing in defence then why was he playing in the forward line in the 2's. If he is playing forward, then he should be in the ruck but then who is going to take Day. Just strange the treatment of McStay has been

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The criticism of Hodge is a huge bonus for you. Hodge hates being criticised. He sometimes carries around negative newspaper articles in his wallet. I expect and look forward to a big game from Hodge this weekend.

Lions Lions

All Australian
Sep 23, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Steve May is gonna have a bloody field day on sunday intercepting everything, we need to play another key fwd with eric can see us struggling to kick more than 5 goals this week

Good stuff keeping bailey in aswell

Suns by 42

McStay may play forward ?? They may back Gardiner in to take one of GC bigs perhaps.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
The criticism of Hodge is a huge bonus for you. Hodge hates being criticised. He sometimes carries around negative newspaper articles in his wallet. I expect and look forward to a big game from Hodge this weekend.

Haha I love that considering most people say they actively avoid the papers.

Lions Lions

All Australian
Sep 23, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Sure, I get what you're saying, but it's not really the role that Bewick or Lester have been playing. Maybe Bell first week, but that's about it. Anyway you will enjoy it when he is selected.

Yep let's hope it's soon, and let's hope the likes of Bastinac and lester who will both play majority of the match at half forward deliver this week so we can get a win on the board!!! Don't like the ins... I've gone from confident we beat a team whose played two in a row on that hard deck to really not sure about our chances. Have to wait and see.

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yep let's hope it's soon, and let's hope the likes of Bastinac and lester who will both play majority of the match at half forward deliver this week so we can get a win on the board!!! Don't like the ins... I've gone from confident we beat a team whose played two in a row on that hard deck to really not sure about our chances. Have to wait and see.

Lol because a guy like Keays is going to be the difference between a win and a loss...

In other news am happy with their outs. KK is a good ball user off half back and Hall while bad defensive running is super quick and we don't really have a good match up for him that can match his speed in the midfield while being defensively accountable.

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
A win here won't be an indicator of improvement.We've won these clashes over the years but only because they are the Suns and then continued on to be a rabble.With that said I hope some of the boys get a good Gatorade dousing on Sunday.

I dont think the opposition that matters, we need to just see if the Boys can physically and mentally take control of a game and win. I cant picture it ATM for some strange reason. I feel like GC will win by 30+

Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Really? I cant see how a loss on Sunday can be viewed as anything other than a disaster. 0 and 5 with flag fancy GWS the following week. How does that show improvement? There comes a time (probably about five years ago) that a team needs to start wining games of football. If we dont win on Sunday I honestly think I could throw up all over myself, microwave a membership or fill up a mates truck with a pile of poo and dump it at the Gabba.

BlackGun1

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Qld
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Keays seems to have fallen out of favour pretty quickly early on in the piece. I'm happy with the Bastinac selection being a proven goalkicker and steady head under pressure.

Flameboy

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
Why bother dropping Lester for a week only to bring him back in. Seems so pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back