Opinion A Opportunity to See the Big V for a Cause

Remove this Banner Ad

For the bushfires: Great, although there are plenty of other ways to raise money with existing matches.

For SoO: I don't see this as a good thing. SoO only works as a concept with state pride, not an All stars concept that no one else really gets behind. I also don't believe SoO works as this rushed, plug in fund raising concept. To do it properly it needs to be adequately planned and endorsed. For the long term concept of SoO, this might not do much good for it, particularly if a bunch of players pull out/ are unavailable/ go at it half assed.

Would be better off doing some East (VIC, NSW, TAS, QLD) vs West (WA, SA, NT) showpiece exhibition game, or some other captain's pick type game rather than marketing it as SoO.

I've obviously got no issues with the cause, just would prefer if there are other ways we could market it and save the SoO concept to be done properly, because I believe in it. An All star bushfire relief game, with different team constructions rather than trying to half bake SoO would be my preference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back