A part of my NMFC heart died today.

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Yep. It did. And not just because of the incredibly pathetic performance I'm watching. I'll save that for another thread.

Today I realised I was an irrelevant commodity. Of no value to the club at all unless I'm giving them money.

I am totally fed up with being outnumbered in my reserved seat by opposition supporters. I want to sit with North people win, lose or draw. I get the on sale system and thoroughly disagree with it. Denying club members of a designated area eats at the soul of what used to be a warm club that cared for its people. No more.

At half time I complained to some guys in the membership tent. Their response shattered me. "What do you want us to do?" "What would you do?" "That's just the way it is?"

Now I actually don't believe these guys could do anything. And maybe I'm wrong here. But not even a "Thanks for your feedback" or "We'll look into it" or "We appreciate your support." It's no longer Shut Up and Buy a Membership. It's Thanks for Getting a Membership Now Shut Up.

This "club" has lost its way on and off the field. It has lost its soul. It can get stuffed.

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Mate the dude is paid $12.50 an hour to man a tent on Good Friday. Not sure what you expected? I'm as pissed as anyone, the club is fine, just we're currently being run a collective group of pickle dicks.

Respect? To feel listened to?

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
At least all the * supporters in my reserved seating area enjoyed the game.
There were a number in my area. To be fair to them, they weren't obnoxious or anything. But * me, when we're getting belted the last thing I want is an oppostion supporter clapping in a NMFC members bay.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I highly doubt that.

Would be on $20 minimum and I wouldn't be surprised if it is more like $30.

I could be wrong. Anybody from the inner scrotum know more?
Suppose it doesn’t really matter what he is paid. If that is his idea of customer service then piss him off.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As for the club, I still don't reckon this is as bad as the Buddy 13 match in 2012.

Look back through the threads back then, we were all panicking.

We were in debt, only a few years into a new regime, and things looked bleak.

115 point drubbing, and Buddy outscored the whole team.

You know what happened a few weeks later? We knocked off Adelaide (who went on to play in a prelim and were robbed by umps against Free Kick Hawthorn).

Went on a bit of a streak and made finals.

I'm not saying that we will make finals this year, and I am DEFINITELY not defending Scotts, but all is not lost.

Just take a deep breath and relax.

And buy a raffle ticket.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I highly doubt that.

Would be on $20 minimum and I wouldn't be surprised if it is more like $30.

I could be wrong. Anybody from the inner scrotum know more?

"Full-time and part-time workers: From July 1, 2017, those covered by the Hospitality Award must be paid 225% of their standard hourly rate on public holidays. Casual workers: Casual workers in hospitality must be paid at least 250% of their standard hourly rates".Jan 24, 2018

How much exact is 225% of * all?

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
"Full-time and part-time workers: From July 1, 2017, those covered by the Hospitality Award must be paid 225% of their standard hourly rate on public holidays. Casual workers: Casual workers in hospitality must be paid at least 250% of their standard hourly rates".Jan 24, 2018

How much exact is 225% of **** all?
If their casual rate is $18 then they are on $40, maybe more.

DrZaius

GENERATIONAL
Mar 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
norf
I feel you. Two of the people I went with today left at 3Q time, halfway through the 4th a couple of * supporters asked if they could sit there (lvl 2). Since they asked nicely I said yes, but then they proceeded to act like total flogs to the point where I was very close to getting into a punch on - the first time this has ever happened to me at the footy btw. It has definitely been a problem over the years with oppo fans in our area and the club really doesn’t seem to give a *

hotham

NMFC 1869
North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jan 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eels
Essendon had a club sponsor present at the pre game interview. Good work by Essendon. It was our home game and Carl Dilena was on his own. We should've had our sponsor present.. Casual and tardy by the club.

If their casual rate is $18 then they are on $40, maybe more.
Somehow what the dude is paid deflects from that is he representing the NMFC. There are too many stories on here from long time respected posters for the club not to take corrective action. As a smaller club we should be owning the intimate side of membership far far better.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Somehow what the dude is paid deflects from that is he representing the NMFC. There are too many stories on here from long time respected posters for the club not to take corrective action. As a smaller club we should be owning the intimate side of membership far far better.
I completely agree. If I were in Melbourne I'd be happy to work for the club for minimum wage.

I remember many years ago, maybe 2005 or 2006, I rocked up to Arden Street to pay for my membership in cash.

I asked the girl behind the counter, do you get paid to work here? She laughed at me.

Of course she was paid to work there. Probably didn't even support North.

That never sat well with me.

dwog25

Debutant
Sep 6, 2014
I left middway through last quarter and my friend whom is a pies supporter than bought a north membership so join me to my games and ive never lost the plot as bad as today.

The heat of the moment i dont want to support this mess and it burns reel deep.

150 years and well....no point im mentally and physically ruined by being too emotional invested in this club.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Back