A part of my NMFC heart died today.

Remove this Banner Ad

What a bunch of drama queens!

Seriously?

Pull yourself together people!
As someone that often sits in opposition supporters area I find this all rather funny. We are s**t and deserve s**t thrown at us. Suck it.

A mate and I used to be Eagles members in Perth because we liked going to the footy and it was cheaper. We would just barrack for who ever the Eagles played. It was fun. A lot of fun.

The issue is that Schimma and Premiership Club only consume a certain number of rows in bays 31 to 38 on level 2. We don't have enough 'Premium' members to take all of the rows and so, the remainder are tipped back into the general public pot (and hence purchased by * supporters)

The simple solution would be to have less bays, but consume all rows, thereby creating a NM only section.

FWIW - I too hate it. They are mouthy, entitled ****wits who continue the trend of bringing the game into disrepute.
This is exactly the issue, less bays but complete ones! Also when paying top dollar it would be nice to be right at the front of level 2 not halfway back. Most weeks you can go forward as the seats are empty but against Essendon it’s always full.

Yep. It did. And not just because of the incredibly pathetic performance I'm watching. I'll save that for another thread.

Today I realised I was an irrelevant commodity. Of no value to the club at all unless I'm giving them money.

I am totally fed up with being outnumbered in my reserved seat by opposition supporters. I want to sit with North people win, lose or draw. I get the on sale system and thoroughly disagree with it. Denying club members of a designated area eats at the soul of what used to be a warm club that cared for its people. No more.

At half time I complained to some guys in the membership tent. Their response shattered me. "What do you want us to do?" "What would you do?" "That's just the way it is?"

Now I actually don't believe these guys could do anything. And maybe I'm wrong here. But not even a "Thanks for your feedback" or "We'll look into it" or "We appreciate your support." It's no longer Shut Up and Buy a Membership. It's Thanks for Getting a Membership Now Shut Up.

This "club" has lost its way on and off the field. It has lost its soul. It can get stuffed.
This may be the first time I’ve ever disagreed with you MM.
I feel your pain but I just reckon if the result was reversed vs Ess, would the seating issue have bothered you?

I’ve had reserved seats at Marvel for years and I really do miss the banter with opposition supporters. It is so sterile nowadays. There was nothing better than having opposing fans carry on for 2 hours around you only to see their team lose.
The ‘90’s were GREAT - going to Vic Park, Whitten Oval, Kardinia Park etc and standing among opposing fans watching NM pulverise the opposition. They are my greatest football memories.

Football is all about WINNING. I think the club (and Brad Scott) have conveniently made winning less important with all the off-field fluff they carry on about.

The absolute fact is - win games of footy and everything else takes care of itself - membership, crowd numbers, playing Friday nights, keeping Good Friday game, attracting free agents.......

When though.....we always talk as a club and never deliver. Id be happy of the club cut the deadwood and start fresh at least we start again. The trading and drafting has put us back easily 5 years. Our ageing backline plus one way runners and ruckman is getting tiresome.

We part hard earned money and get nothing. For me i rather lose playing well then playing poorly amd belted.. hey..even our membership packages are worse than other clubs. 700 bucks a year. Time will tell

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I think we have done really well saving the club and I feel we've become somewhat scared to try something or anything that may endanger the safety of our mid table finishes. That includes trading players when good offers were on the table, we'd rather celebrate how player 'x' chose us over others. Clearly now it seems we have zero self belief, which in sport is courting disaster.

The true cost of those finishes is now being realised by the wider North fan base. It removed the best chance of getting star talent. Also we've recruited very poorly you only need to look at our opponents yesterday to see that.

* Fantasia- pick 55
* Tipungwuti- rookie
* Ham- pick 73
* Bellchambers- PSD
* Mckenna- rookie
* Mitch Brown- pick 54- would walk into our side

Anyway I'm not as down as others, I see this 'shitting our pants' as necessary, albeit extremely embarrassing and uncomfortable. But a fresh pair of jocks and away we go.

I feel your pain but I just reckon if the result was reversed vs Ess, would the seating issue have bothered you?

I’ve had reserved seats at Marvel for years and I really do miss the banter with opposition supporters. It is so sterile nowadays. There was nothing better than having opposing fans carry on for 2 hours around you only to see their team lose.
The ‘90’s were GREAT - going to Vic Park, Whitten Oval, Kardinia Park etc and standing among opposing fans watching NM pulverise the opposition. They are my greatest football memories.

Football is all about WINNING. I think the club (and Brad Scott) have conveniently made winning less important with all the off-field fluff they carry on about.

The absolute fact is - win games of footy and everything else takes care of itself - membership, crowd numbers, playing Friday nights, keeping Good Friday game, attracting free agents.......
If you choose to stand in the outer at Vic Park etc you are choosing to banter with the opposition.

If you paid for a seat in the grandstand or social club reserve at Arden St how many opposition supporters would be in there? Zero.

It should be no different at Docklands.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

If you choose to stand in the outer at Vic Park etc you are choosing to banter with the opposition.

If you paid for a seat in the grandstand or social club reserve at Arden St how many opposition supporters would be in there? Zero.

It should be no different at Docklands.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
That’s a fair point. I’ll pay that.

But on the other hand, just because you choose to sit with fans who barrack for the same team doesn’t mean you won’t have morons sitting in your vicinity.

Don't think I have ever seen so many complaints re membership. The club even apologised at one stage admitting they didn't meet the level of expectation. What I would like to know is WTF are they doing about it now? When you have someone at the membership booth say to a member complaining 'what do you want me to do about it', you know there is an endemic problem with service delivery.

The Essendon fans weren't even really barracking yesterday. It was just a terrible day.
My new Essendon supporting buddies sitting next to our seats were pretty good about not sticking the boot in after half time. They even dropped an “LDU looks like he can be a star” and a “gee I’d love brown instead of Daniher mate”.

We’re basicly the little weak kid playing footy who everyone cheers for when he miraculously finds the ball, before sending a 5m grubber into the man on the mark.

My new Essendon supporting buddies sitting next to our seats were pretty good about not sticking the boot in after half time. They even dropped an “LDU looks like he can be a star” and a “gee I’d love brown instead of Daniher mate”.

We’re basicly the little weak kid playing footy who everyone cheers for when he miraculously finds the ball, before sending a 5m grubber into the man on the mark.
I'm sure after the game Brad gave them all a pat on the head, a participation certificate and a free fries with any burger Maccas voucher.

I was looking for a reason to fire up and send some curry all day.

They were mildly applauding their team, pretty quiet, no baiting, no nonsense about the umpires.

Apart from a couple of dickheads behind me, they were no issue.

They knew they had a very easy win against a terrible opposition, then went off home.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This times infinity.

Makes you wonder how some of these people would have fared back in the days of standing in the outer at Vic Park, Windy Hill or the animal enclosure at Moorabin, doesn't it?

At away games you get what you get. At Vic Park or Kardinia Park or Moorabbin or wherever there were areas for home members. That point you make is totally moot.

The seating issues bothers me win lose or draw. I've had opposition supporters tell me to sit down when I'm cheering good play, abuse North supporters around me because they're pissed off with losing, laugh at my kids as they get carried away too much. That's not what I want from my membership.

This thread has nothing to do with Brad Scott or drafting or selection or game style. This is about the neglect shown to members which also manifests itself away from match days.

Last edited:
That’s a fair point. I’ll pay that.

But on the other hand, just because you choose to sit with fans who barrack for the same team doesn’t mean you won’t have morons sitting in your vicinity.

I generally stand because my own supporters do my head in more than the opposition. Essendon is one of the games I sit as they have a higher proportion of * wits than most teams.

Lol.

Beautifully put :thumbsu:

Good to see you and Zondor there today mate. I too watched Euge depart at 3qtr time. Needing a frontal labotomy I decided to stick it out among the opposition faithful in the Schimma Club. Oh the joy!
Time for Euge and Ron Joseph to get together to "Make it Happen". :stern look

Makes you wonder how some of these people would have fared back in the days of standing in the outer at Vic Park, Windy Hill or the animal enclosure at Moorabin, doesn't it?

I cut my teeth on the outer at all those away venues. Fun times. The banter was different then. You’d get stuck into the opposition, but it was purely footy. None of this povvo club, you’re going to fold s**t, purely footy. Half the time you’d end up having a beer with the same person you were arguing all day after the game at the pub.

It could get really tasty at times, but it was different.

Good to see you and Zondor there today mate. I too watched Euge depart at 3qtr time. Needing a frontal labotomy I decided to stick it out among the opposition faithful in the Schimma Club. Oh the joy!

Good to see that’s he’s retained the passion. Is this the bloke that we need back on board to get things on track?

Your heart died!?! My penis shriveled up and dropped off. It’s a shame as we had been good mates over the years. I wrapped it up in a napkin and hoped to revive it somehow but I think I might have left it at the pub on the way home. I hope I didn’t confuse it with that shitty kebab I got.

How’s it traveling this morning? I think you need to wait 24 hours to put a Missing Dick Report in?

I cut my teeth on the outer at all those away venues. Fun times. The banter was different then. You’d get stuck into the opposition, but it was purely footy. None of this povvo club, you’re going to fold s**t, purely footy. Half the time you’d end up having a beer with the same person you were arguing all day after the game at the pub.

It could get really tasty at times, but it was different.

People were more fair dinkum. Human beings have tailed off in quality during my life. The world is now overpopulated with soft, front running shitman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back