A part of my NMFC heart died today.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Euge posted on here last year shortly after the documentary was aired

More of you should visit this Board in the off season

We get some surprises!
We need his passion right now, but he owes us nothing.

He gave us more in tenure than this current lot, but they have made it difficult now for anyone outside of their inner circle to enact change. They are all in each other’s pockets.

I think we cut too deep when we let our veterans go...we underestimated the inability of those remaining to cover their losses.
Couldn't agree more, not just about them on the footy field but in the club as a whole. I think it was the beginning of the cr@p we are witnessing now on all fronts.
They think because the club is in a better financial situation we are going to remain happy no matter what. Well I am not HAPPY and wont be until I see the end of the BS/Joyce/McDonald/Crocker regime. They all need to go and get some new blood in - Tough Buggers is what we need. Denis Pagan coached tough buggers

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Gonna be hard to persuade Euge to get back on board with the club, seems like he's in a comfy new spot as CEO in Motosports, he'd be walking away from that into a pit of wolves.

I can only see it being possible if Archer comes back to the board & McKernan invests into being part of the club, as well as getting JB back. There's alot of passionate North people who are all on the outside and can't get in or aren't willing to deal with banging their heads against a wall. It says alot about the club, said enough when Ron Joseph left after giving his entire life to the club to the bitter end.

Dirty_11

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 28, 2014
Beneath the Blue & White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners
This may be the first time I’ve ever disagreed with you MM.
I feel your pain but I just reckon if the result was reversed vs Ess, would the seating issue have bothered you?

I’ve had reserved seats at Marvel for years and I really do miss the banter with opposition supporters. It is so sterile nowadays. There was nothing better than having opposing fans carry on for 2 hours around you only to see their team lose.
The ‘90’s were GREAT - going to Vic Park, Whitten Oval, Kardinia Park etc and standing among opposing fans watching NM pulverise the opposition. They are my greatest football memories.

Football is all about WINNING. I think the club (and Brad Scott) have conveniently made winning less important with all the off-field fluff they carry on about.

The absolute fact is - win games of footy and everything else takes care of itself - membership, crowd numbers, playing Friday nights, keeping Good Friday game, attracting free agents.......
I used to love standing room, beers, banter, abuse, the odd punch on, ejected from ground, sneaking back in. Those were the days. Needed to change my ways in regards to drinking in excess, grew up and now take the kids. I still am very vocal (albeit toned down), but prefer to be with North folk so to avoid any issues.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m not done with the club but I’ve accepted relocation is the only avenue. As a club we have acquiesced

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dirty_11

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 28, 2014
Beneath the Blue & White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners
There was a full house mate. Economics have nothing to do with it.
If the AFL believe people will switch off the TV next year because we are s**t then it is a very real.chance we will get the arse from GF footy. The only reason that they have had a revolving door regarding our opposition is so when they do give us the flick they can say that it was never a permanent slot for any club.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That's utter bullshit.

Nope, it’s not the club is so irrelevant and has been for the best part of 20 years, the fact that it’s always north is always uttered as a relocation candidate regardless of the business results which eclipse the bullies and saints but for some reason get the scraps the afl want us out and we are giving them every excuse

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dirty_11

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 28, 2014
Beneath the Blue & White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners
I had Essendon fans around me which I expected, what I didn’t expect was then to be in the premiership club bar as well, by all means let them sit there so we can have a full house but that’s our area.

I can’t think of any other business model where you spend $650 a year on a service and get treated like a number.

Our club has no idea, I’m almost at the point of just wanting the Tassie move to be done with so I can move on with my life. They have broken me.
I thought the same thing this morning re losing the club to Tassie. Took it a step further and thought being a plumber I could sell up, wipe mortgage, easy employment rolling out the natural gas upgrade, no traffic. Yeah, nah.

Jan 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Gonna be hard to persuade Euge to get back on board with the club, seems like he's in a comfy new spot as CEO in Motosports, he'd be walking away from that into a pit of wolves.

I can only see it being possible if Archer comes back to the board & McKernan invests into being part of the club, as well as getting JB back. There's alot of passionate North people who are all on the outside and can't get in or aren't willing to deal with banging their heads against a wall. It says alot about the club, said enough when Ron Joseph left after giving his entire life to the club to the bitter end.

From what i hear, it would be nearly impossible to have Euge and JB. It's one or the other. For me it's Euge because in my mind, what we are experiencing right now could be considered as part of JB's legacy.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
From what i hear, it would be nearly impossible to have Euge and JB. It's one or the other. For me it's Euge because in my mind, what we are experiencing right now could be considered as part of JB's legacy.

If it was down to a choice I'd much prefer Euge, what he did for the club was extraordinary.

I don’t mind a bit of banter with opposition supporters but yesterday was people intentionally antagonising people to try and get a reaction. A part of me was hoping someone stood up and chinned one to shut them up. But these clowns know they are virtually protected in this game environment.

I don’t pay good money to have to try and look through a security guard for 15 minutes.

Not everyone wants to go to the footy to be antagonised.
I’m sure you would have loved it if we had won

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
You need to include Corey McKernan in that list, he has been very very vocal both on FB and Twitter about his disdain for the club in its current position. This needs to be a 90s premiership player lead revolt. The didn't give up and they need to instill the same sort of mongrel into the team of today

1) Piss off the board and terminate all of their socio-political appointed staff.
2) Bring a blend of club aligned AFL football people, and club aligned business people on to the board.
3) Utilise the money saved from terminating all these bullshit positions to bring in the best administrative, marketing and sports medical people we can get.
4) Initiate an area in/near the club dedicated to the members to meet and socialize.

It's time to become a dedicated football club again.

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Unfortinately this is what a corporation looks like. The club is run to
benifit of the benificiries rather than the membership.
Unfortunately to the snobs oops benifactors should take more interest in the club to get it successful in all areas on and off the field instead stroking their own egos with their chest pumped out with erections over things like The Huddle so with that if there's no football club there's no Huddle

1) Piss off the board and terminate all of their socio-political appointed staff.
2) Bring a blend of club aligned AFL football people, and club aligned business people on to the board.
3) Utilise the money saved from terminating all these bullshit positions to bring in the best administrative, marketing and sports medical people we can get.
4) Initiate an area in/near the club dedicated to the members to meet and socialize.

It's time to become a dedicated football club again.
I can answer the sports medical part.
Glad one piece of them was ****ed off and a shame to lose two others.

As for who they are, I'm sure that's easily worked out.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m sure you would have loved it if we had won
I wouldn’t have been antagonising * supporters if we won.

I’m not talking about banter, these flogs were going out of their way to goad and antagonise North members, eventhough they were sitting in a North membership bay.

There is nothing wrong with a bit of harmless banter. Ive even had a great night talking to a Sydney supporter last year who was a guest of a member, and we lost.

The big issue is these flogs are being on sold tickets and probably don’t even realise they are in a North Members bay.

But as I said it’s not an issue. I can’t see myself renewing my premium Membership, I will renew my AFL Membership, sit in a better spot and get the same flogs around me for a fraction of the cost.

If the club can’t provide the experience I expect from being a member then they can go * themselves.

Back