A part of my NMFC heart died today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Gonna be hard to persuade Euge to get back on board with the club, seems like he's in a comfy new spot as CEO in Motosports, he'd be walking away from that into a pit of wolves.

I can only see it being possible if Archer comes back to the board & McKernan invests into being part of the club, as well as getting JB back. There's alot of passionate North people who are all on the outside and can't get in or aren't willing to deal with banging their heads against a wall. It says alot about the club, said enough when Ron Joseph left after giving his entire life to the club to the bitter end.
You kidding Brayshaw and Archer
For starters Brayshaw did a fantastic job at saving this club at 1st but he was the one that got rid of Arocca and over time brought his mates on to the board which is still in play maybe he can bring back the 3 white nights?
As for Archer his record as a tough talented champion player will never forgotten be me and other North supporters but his been a Brayshaw and Buckley boy and his busy with his business interest to commit.
Who I like to see involved at board level is Arocca ,Ponting,Mckernan,Carey and few others of business who have football brains.
Then try again to get a Brian Cook to the club maybe a Neil Balme and a Adam Simpson then go on a 5 year plan to build up to a Premiership by 2025

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There are supporters who don’t want us to maximise crowds on a critical game for the club?
I had some Essendon twats in my area but my disgruntlement is with the north fans who didn’t show up. It’s their right but they are more to blame than the club.
This is exactly the time the club needs us. It’s not exactly ‘buy a membership and shut up’ but there are things to be antsy about and this isn’t one.
IMO.
It is an issue, because it is just another example of how the club values a few extra bucks over the footy experience of their members.

But as I said, it’s all good. If the club wants to go down this path, I know I will give my money directly to the AFL.

I can get a better seat in the AFL Members area and put up with the same flogs for a fraction of the cost.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
There are supporters who don’t want us to maximise crowds on a critical game for the club?
I had some Essendon twats in my area but my disgruntlement is with the north fans who didn’t show up. It’s their right but they are more to blame than the club.
This is exactly the time the club needs us. It’s not exactly ‘buy a membership and shut up’ but there are things to be antsy about and this isn’t one.
IMO.

No

What they are saying is that they pay Premium Membership and the management of those seats is not what they expect for the price they are paying after several seasons of frustration

The seats at that price should be redistributed to Members from each team only

You are correct about the non attendees but that’s the risk you take running a game on Good Friday and the last extended long weekend for a while and school holidays

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No

What they are saying is that they pay Premium Membership and the management of those seats is not what they expect for the price they are paying after several seasons of frustration

The seats at that price should be redistributed to Members from each team only

You are correct about the non attendees but that’s the risk you take running a game on Good Friday and the last extended long weekend for a while and school holidays
100% spot on

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
It is an issue, because it is just another example of how the club values a few extra bucks over the footy experience of their members.

But as I said, it’s all good. If the club wants to go down this path, I know I will give my money directly to the AFL.

I can get a better seat in the AFL Members area and put up with the same flogs for a fraction of the cost.

How much is an AFL Membership?
Is there a wait?
What rights do u get at Marvel?

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You kidding Brayshaw and Archer
For starters Brayshaw did a fantastic job at saving this club at 1st but he was the one that got rid of Arocca and over time brought his mates on to the board which is still in play maybe he can bring back the 3 white nights?
As for Archer his record as a tough talented champion player will never forgotten be me and other North supporters but his been a Brayshaw and Buckley boy and his busy with his business interest to commit.
Who I like to see involved at board level is Arocca ,Ponting,Mckernan,Carey and few others of business who have football brains.
Then try again to get a Brian Cook to the club maybe a Neil Balme and a Adam Simpson then go on a 5 year plan to build up to a Premiership by 2025

Anyones better than the current admin I'm not saying I got the definitive answers, but I like your list. I just want North people on the board, not corporate and political stooges who think they know how to run a footy club, instead its being run like an off field pageantry charity show with little responsibility for its members.

Eugene is way at top of the list to get back, that stint he had running the club was probably the most productive time I can think of for us. I can't see us extracting Simmo out of Perth anytime soon, but I'd like to see it, especially him as coach.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
IMO.
Next time you are at the footy, I would like to see how much you would enjoy trying to watch the game while dickheads in front of you are trying to start fights and then have to put up with a security guard standing in front of you and obstructing your view for 10 minutes trying to sort out who is the biggest dickhead and should leave.

For me that’s not an experience worth paying good money for.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m already an AFL Member and I get rights to book a seat on level 1 on the wing. I get my Archers Legends Membership as a way of supporting the club. The seats in the AFL Reserve are generally better. The AFL Membership is more expensive, I can’t remember exactly how much more, because I auto renew.

I also can get seats to our away games in the AFL reserve for a booking fee only.

I don’t need the Archers Legends Membership it is really unnecessary, but I liked the fact that I am giving the club something and I liked sitting in an area with other North supporters.

Days like yesterday gave me second guessing my decision to have both memberships.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My issue isn’t with flogs, because there will always be that flog element at the footy. Generally I just steer clear of them and don’t engage, because at the end of the day that’s all they are fishing for, a reaction.

My issue is the overall feeling that as a North Member, the club doesn’t give two *s about us and puts a few extra bucks in front of the experience of its members.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Gonna be hard to persuade Euge to get back on board with the club, seems like he's in a comfy new spot as CEO in Motosports, he'd be walking away from that into a pit of wolves.

I can only see it being possible if Archer comes back to the board & McKernan invests into being part of the club, as well as getting JB back. There's alot of passionate North people who are all on the outside and can't get in or aren't willing to deal with banging their heads against a wall. It says alot about the club, said enough when Ron Joseph left after giving his entire life to the club to the bitter end.
What is it about us burning our best? Shimma, carey, euge, joseph?...

Jun 26, 2012
Mos Eisley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As for the club, I still don't reckon this is as bad as the Buddy 13 match in 2012.

Look back through the threads back then, we were all panicking.

We were in debt, only a few years into a new regime, and things looked bleak.

115 point drubbing, and Buddy outscored the whole team.

You know what happened a few weeks later? We knocked off Adelaide (who went on to play in a prelim and were robbed by umps against Free Kick Hawthorn).

Went on a bit of a streak and made finals.

I'm not saying that we will make finals this year, and I am DEFINITELY not defending Scotts, but all is not lost.

Just take a deep breath and relax.

And buy a raffle ticket.

I like your optimism.

XeHVbgQ_d.jpg

I think we cut too deep when we let our veterans go...we underestimated the inability of those remaining to cover their losses.

As I contended at the time the main driver for how the cutting of the vets was handled by BS was to distract attention from himself and his performance and to set up a plausible scenario for backing him in as coach and giving him a contract extension.

I distract my 3 year old daughter by saying “oh wow look at that blue tongue lizard over there”! BS has had us looking for blue tongue lizards for at least the past five years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mighty mick

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 10, 2002
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
aussie cricket team
I agree we are all disappointed with the footy team performance, but to be angry at the club for maximizing crowd numbers on any match day and especially one we have worked on for so long the good Friday appeal, seems to be petty.

I sit in level two reserved seating and don't see this issue popping up, sure there are the odd opposition supporter but no trouble. Don't let your anger with the footy on the field spill into admin stuff.

The 8-10 * supporters in the row directly behind us in Schimma Platinum seats were fine. Didn’t take the bait as our frustration and subsequent comments grew. Last home game those seats were empty.

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
IMO.

Can't we have both? Clearly there are more reserved seats allocated to us than we have ever needed. Condense the bays for reserved seats and onsell the seats in the least used bays. Might work. What I do know is that if you're selling reserved seats at a stadium where you can almost always find a seat anywhere you want, you'd want to be offering more than just a seat.

Last edited:
I agree we are all disappointed with the footy team performance, but to be angry at the club for maximizing crowd numbers on any match day and especially one we have worked on for so long the good Friday appeal, seems to be petty.

I sit in level two reserved seating and don't see this issue popping up, sure there are the odd opposition supporter but no trouble. Don't let your anger with the footy on the field spill into admin stuff.

Honestly I think the anger at the admin side is its own thing. Admin told us four Tassie games meant a guaranteed final (well they didn't say as much but that was the implication) the proceeded to * everyone's memberships up and generally behave incompetently. I think you're right about them doing everything they can to maximise the crowd given the constant s**t we cop but its understandable that from our POV everything the club does is gonna be ****ed right now.

Regardless of intention when people feel ignored and unimportant every little thing that goes wrong will reinforce that feeling whether its meant to or not.

The footy side deserves all the s**t it cops at the moment as well but Admin made a rod for their own back selling that game last year then saying it was to help us make finals.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep. It did. And not just because of the incredibly pathetic performance I'm watching. I'll save that for another thread.

Today I realised I was an irrelevant commodity. Of no value to the club at all unless I'm giving them money.

I am totally fed up with being outnumbered in my reserved seat by opposition supporters. I want to sit with North people win, lose or draw. I get the on sale system and thoroughly disagree with it. Denying club members of a designated area eats at the soul of what used to be a warm club that cared for its people. No more.

At half time I complained to some guys in the membership tent. Their response shattered me. "What do you want us to do?" "What would you do?" "That's just the way it is?"

Now I actually don't believe these guys could do anything. And maybe I'm wrong here. But not even a "Thanks for your feedback" or "We'll look into it" or "We appreciate your support." It's no longer Shut Up and Buy a Membership. It's Thanks for Getting a Membership Now Shut Up.

This "club" has lost its way on and off the field. It has lost its soul. It can get stuffed.
They could offer upgrades free to NMFC members and on sell their seats. At least there would be North supporters together. Yep attitude is everything and bad attitude is rife at North.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
How much is an AFL Membership?
Is there a wait?
What rights do u get at Marvel?
It’s about $550 a year. You can get silver immediately and it’s several years wait to get offered gold (which gives you rights to the GF). You can scan and sit in GA or pay a booking fee of $9 to reserve a seat in the members area. The AFL members area at Marvel on one L1 wing is tiny and sells out in about five minutes if a big club is playing. Membership gets you into up to 40 games a year at either ground involving any clubs - not sure about grounds outside Melbourne as I don’t do that.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
It’s about $550 a year. You can get silver immediately and it’s several years wait to get offered gold (which gives you rights to the GF). You can scan and sit in GA or pay a booking fee of $9 to reserve a seat in the members area. The AFL members area at Marvel on one L1 wing is tiny and sells out in about five minutes if a big club is playing. Membership gets you into up to 40 games a year at either ground involving any clubs - not sure about grounds outside Melbourne as I don’t do that.

Had a look last night thanks H2H and as much as I enjoy starting my Webber with $5 notes it would be a total waste of money being so far away

Remove this Banner Ad

Back