Analysis A quick look toward a rebuild

The difference in facilities and football department resource spending seems to quite vast across the league

Great we have a redeveloped oval after training on sub par parts all summer?

Meanwhile essendon has two grounds of mcg docklands size to train on

Makes fixing lists, attracting talent ,

developing talent gameplans etc that bit harder

Star recruit tours facilities that are outdated might be put off

The AFL is not going to ‘loan’ Sydney or any other Club monies. They are not a financial institution, they are unable to provide loans. It is illegal.

The AFL funds the other clubs, its not a loan its funding

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
The AFL funds the other clubs, its not a loan its funding

You had better tell your former mod that. Funding = no repayment, grant = no repayment, loan = repayment. Next time you’re going to quote the person that gets it wrong, quote them! Oh, and read the previous posts where I explained this. The ones with pictures might help...* me![/QUOTE]

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
I’ve just read Robbie’s post again and I can’t see anything wrong in what he’s said.

You tell me, you’re the one that appears to know it all. I’ll just attach these images for you as a starter!
Hey Mick, I think there are restrictions on the the number and type of loans you can issue, rather than just a blanket restriction. But you and I can set up an agreement where I lend you $300K to be paid back at a set rate with appropriate interest over a set time and the Govt wouldn't care. They just want the relevant fees and taxes.

I think it's that you can not set your self up as a commercial money lender without Govt approval.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
There is nothing stopping anyone lending anyone else money with agreed repayments. Happens all the time. Parents lend their kids money for a house deposit all the time. Parents are not a financial institution.
It’s a commercial relationship. However, as we know with the AFL and GWS...it’s definitely like Mother & Daughter!

Stencorp69

Team Captain
Jul 16, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Since credit licences have been handed out. When was the last time you could go to the AFL for a business, home or personal loan?

Might need to sign up for a business degree - there is plenty of B2B loans going on with out a credit license, its pretty much standard practice. AFL to Swans would count as a B2B transaction rather than retail credit.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Might need to sign up for a business degree - there is plenty of B2B loans going on with out a credit license, its pretty much standard practice. AFL to Swans would count as a B2B transaction rather than retail credit.
What degree do you think I did? You might need to visit ASIC.

Grongey

Cancelled
Jan 8, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
Swans fans have known for a while that we needed a rebuild. The club may finally be coming to terms with this. In 2019-2020 results don't matter.

We have some fine young talent, as on show against Essendon last night. Just play them. Papley, Heeney, Dawson, McCartin, Blakey, O'Riordan, Aliir, Florent, Melican, just to name a few.

And don't bother flogging Buddy if half fit.

In terms of drafting, we most need bullocking inside midfield extractors. Parker and Kennedy can't carry the load forever.

Last edited:
Please don't try to avoid the swear filter

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Cad the club has its hands tied mate we cannot finish bottom 4 the club knows it unless you want 10k ppl showing up to home games.

We will do anything to get 8-10 wins and present a future its the Sydney way.
We will? I was under the impression we try to win every game, regardless of whether we have the skill or not! Hey, I’ve lost faith in the coach and I sure as s**t don’t like the game plan or the lack of depth like quite a few but every time those boys run out into the field...they’re playing to win! They’re the ****** bloods *********** but they’re not 8-10 wins!

MOD EDIT: Please don't try to avoid the swear filter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
The weird thing about our rebuild is that all our problems are essentially in one spot, the midfield. Our forward line is in pretty good shape, as is our defence. If we can fix the midfield we can actually improve rather rapidly as we are not like other clubs with holes all around the park. We have one hole, and it is a massive hole in the midfield.

Back