News A real life lesson on perspective folks.....re. The Chiefton

DarkPhoenix

Cont-Roo-Versial
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
ManCity, Cardinals, Avalanche
Maj's situation today got me thinking about our community and The Chiefton sprung to mind.

Does anyone know if he's doing okay? Hoping for the best and that he's able to enjoy his roos and time with family.

2 years since the last post in this thread! Only feels like yesterday, the years escape us way too quick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gasometer

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I believe his wife contacted someone in the months afterwards to let us know how he was travelling but since then it is one of life’s mysteries

I am coming up 17 years on here next March and whilst this world is not the real world, it’s wins, losses, joys and tragedies play out on here and posters come and go; but it’s these guys and the two others in my time that hit the hardest

roos_fanatic08

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Maj's situation today got me thinking about our community and The Chiefton sprung to mind.

Does anyone know if he's doing okay? Hoping for the best and that he's able to enjoy his roos and time with family.

2 years since the last post in this thread! Only feels like yesterday, the years escape us way too quick.
Like most of us on here, I’d love to get an update somehow!

Thoughts are with ya big fella!

Uber Roo

Senior List
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just read all this for the first time, this morning
Unbelievable...I’m at a loss for words
And 6 years on, you guys are still thinking about him.

2 things immediately spring to mind.

His little girl is probably starting school this year, I pray both her parents will be present at her first day of school

Secondly, you lot
We may be small in numbers, but time and time again, no group of supporters show the love and care as North supporters do

I sometimes forget what an honour it is to be a North person

Credit to all of you

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gasometer

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Just read all this for the first time, this morning
Unbelievable...I’m at a loss for words
And 6 years on, you guys are still thinking about him.

2 things immediately spring to mind.

His little girl is probably starting school this year, I pray both her parents will be present at her first day of school

Secondly, you lot
We may be small in numbers, but time and time again, no group of supporters show the love and care as North supporters do

I sometimes forget what an honour it is to be a North person

Credit to all of you

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
One of modern life's quirks...the game before the accident he was in the GD Thread posting away as he normally did and we were in some to and fro agreement about how the game was proceeding. The next thing this happened. It is quirky because I never met old Chief; wouldn't know him if I had sat beside him at the Footy, now or then, so that's quirky because despite the anonymity of this site, it is devastating that this happened to a great bloke that I never knew in RL.

Pykie

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
One of modern life's quirks...the game before the accident he was in the GD Thread posting away as he normally did and we were in some to and fro agreement about how the game was proceeding. The next thing this happened. It is quirky because I never met old Chief; wouldn't know him if I had sat beside him at the Footy, now or then, so that's quirky because despite the anonymity of this site, it is devastating that this happened to a great bloke that I never knew in RL.
It's a sign of the times with internet forums in general. This forum has been around for almost 20 years, I remembered reading it for a couple of years before I signed up, we are going to lose some posters along the way, purely by the time that has passed over the years.

Probably not a bad idea for some of our posters (those willing) to send through their real names and email address' via PM to one of our mods, who could keep a spreadsheet for safekeeping in the event of stuff like this. It's only going to get more common as most of us who were already middle age when we signed up, age even more, I know if I was in the same position as TC, I'd like my wife to keep you all in the loop and I don't personally know any BigFooty members like some of you on here, so would be probably be in the same position as TC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom