News A real life lesson on perspective folks.....re. The Chiefton

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, and hopefully the silence here is due to the fact that he and Louise are concentrating on the important things like rehab and family.

As much as trade eon takes over our lives at this time of year, and as much as we argue over the merits of "what to do with pick 1046 FFS?" and other such issues, to have a BF brother stare death in the face and miraculously deny it's lure is far FAR more important in the grand scheme of things IMO.

Presuming TC's BF a/c is setup for email notifications, I wish to echo the sentiments of the posters above. All the best TC and the TC crew. We're thinking of you all! :thumbsu:

Geez I hope they've been feeding him the exciting North news bit by bit, don't want him to get too excited over all the stuff thats going on down at Arden Street.

Can't wait til the big fella is back, as always best of luck TC.

Good afternoon friends,
I'd like to start by apologizing for not keeping you all updated as often as I should've. I am embarrassed and feel as though you've been let down.. and for that, I am deeply sorry.
Thank you all for your ongoing support, your kind and heartfelt sentiments will never be forgotten. We have been completely blown away, perhaps even a little overwhelmed, by the positivity and respect shown by all in this thread. I am not always great with my choice of words, but my family and I have taken solace out of having the bigfooty community, including those who support opposing teams, take the time out to post their well wishes throughout 2013. Every single word, of every single post, has been read many times over. It's honestly helped more than you could ever possibly imagine, we will be forever grateful for the support.
Some of you would be aware that I suffered a bit of a breakdown a few months ago, which not only resulted in unborn bubs and I being hospitalized indefinitely, it also posed significant health concerns for the both of us as well. After we'd already been through & dealt with the pain and heartache of a miscarriage, I remember praying that it was surely just a bad dream.. surely lightning wasn't about to strike twice.
TC was always 100% adamant that we'd one day be proud parents, which did get on my nerves at the best of times, as we were told that the chances of falling pregnant again were basically next to none. I couldn't see how he could be so positive about things, but I guess it's just one of the many qualities that has helped define him as a person.
His accident earlier this year left us all in a state of shock and disbelief. Here was a man that was able to not only think quick enough to save those around him, but risk his own life doing so. How could this happen & what did we do to deserve this?
These were some of the selfish questions that were floating around in my head, until I came to my senses and realized you cannot question such a split second decision/incident. He just did what any of you would've done in the same scenario.
It really was touch and go there for a while, we were really battling to stay healthy, but we both came through our hospital ordeal unscathed, with bubs displaying similar fighting qualities to that of her Dad, earlier this year.
So yes, the cat is out of the bag...... and as I sit here on this overcast Wednesday arvo, I'm proud to announce that The Chiefton and I became first time parents, after welcoming little Olivia into the world last month. She is a happy and healthy bub, who has even been referred to as ''ROOLIVIA'' by some family and friends, due to the amount of royal blue and white that already surrounds her!
The support and excitement generated by those around us was just fantastic, but it was elsewhere that my mind would be. All I wanted was for TC to finally hold his daughter in his arms for the first time, to see the look in his eyes as she peered up at him for the first time would be priceless.
This outcome was looking very unlikely early days, as the initial prognosis was grim. We were all told to expect the worst when he was placed on life support, which was just about where you were last updated to. The good news is fortunately he fought his way off of LS, and after months and months of not knowing what was going to happen next, finally that very special moment arrived last week, the moment where he was physically able to nurse Liv for the first time.... and what a moment it was, it's difficult to explain just what it means..... yeah it was just a great moment, one that I will definitely share with you all on here, if you'd like me to upload some photos?
Unfortunately it hasn't all been smooth sailing & there is some bad news to come out of it. Whilst TC was able to fight his was through so much adversity, he was unable to avoid some of the long-term effects brought on by the injuries sustained in the initial accident, then again in the aftermath. He suffered significant head trauma as a result, which has left him with damage on the brain..... which we do not currently know whether or not is permanent, but if it is, we are just over the moon to have him back & cannot complain at all.
He actually said to say thank you all, the other day. He also wanted to know whether or not we gave up an arm and a leg for Nahas...... I think he was being cheeky, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt hehe!!
I'm really quite emotional typing this, so please forgive me if I don't have much more to give, it's been one of the more draining experiences of my life, as strange as that seems.
Thank you all for your time, it has been a long but rewarding 2013, and I couldn't have done it without any of you.
Until next time,
Louise, Olivia & TC xx

Thank you for taking the time to update us Louise and wholehearted congratulations on the arrival of your beautiful baby girl. A shining light in what I am sure is a very difficult period.

That TC is still punching is a testament to his strength of character and I am sure that I speak for all of us on here when I say that we are 100% behind you both in his quest towards a full recovery. If he continues to show the balls that he has to date during this ordeal I am positive that he will pull through.

Keep up the good fight and pass our best regards on to TC.

Thanks so much for the update Louise and my best wishes to you, TC and Roolivia!

Fingers crossed that the road gets easier from here on in.

And let TC know that Nahas cost us bugger all!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Thank you Louise for the update. Like most on here, I check this thread constantly for any update so after a crappy day, it truly is wonderful news that has put a smile on my face.

Congrats on little Roolivia.

Tell TC Nahas only cost us an eyelash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great news Louise and absolutely no need for apologies, congratulations to you and TC on the birth of Olivia, truly great news. I had been thinking of giving this thread a little bump tonight, obviously no need now:).

Now where is that thread for Post Of The Year? I think I just found my nomination.

Edit: Found POTY thread in Lidge's Lounge here

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2013-north-board-post-of-the-year-nominations.996950/

and voted :thumbsu:

..Oh and keep up the fight TC, like a true Shinboner...........Never beaten.

Great news! I'd like to echo the sentiments of those above me that it really is much appreciated you taking the time out of what must be very busy days to let us know the good news. All the best to you, Roolivia and of course TC.

Excellent to hear TC is still fighting strong, one tough bugger to go through what he has and come out the otherside. Hopefully the next step is a full recovery. Congratulations to you both on the birth of Olivia, really happy for you both.

Thanks for the update, hope you are well and pass on a cheerio to TC. :thumbsu:

No need to feel embarrassed at all Louise, it'd great to hear everything is going okay and big congratulations on the arrival of little Olivia! Pictures would be much appreciated if you feel like posting them :)

It's good to hear that TC is battling on with such ferocity and I'm sure that he will pull through this eventually, unfortunately with such things it is a long process and not something that will be over in a week or two. You have our complete support and well wishes.

I echo the above, thank you so much for taking time out of your day to update us here on bigfooty, and good luck to you and TC bringing up the little one.

Dan (DP)

Had a massive smile on my face reading that update, Louise. Congratulations on the new addition to your family. Thanks for taking the time to update us all on the condition of TC. Sounds like there is a bit of an ongoing battle, but here's hoping that he comes out the victor.

Good luck for the future.

Andy.

Thanks for the update. I thought I had a pretty tough 2013 but all is in perspective when I read this thread. My bad year pales into insignificance when I read the challenges you have had and will have as the long road to recovery continues. Good luck and lots of prayers to the family. Wishing Olivia a long and happy life - hope she is a True Roo for Life already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back