News A real life lesson on perspective folks.....re. The Chiefton

Remove this Banner Ad

Brilliant news and thank you for the update Louise. I hope TC continues fighting and I wish your family all the best.

sunny3.gif

Louise,

I have a tear in my eye, after reading your heartfelt letter. From the bottom of my heart, I wish you and TC and Olivia :D all the very best.

Great to hear that you and the little one are doing well Louise, and fingers crossed for continued improvement from TC. You can reassure him we're not pinning all of 2014's hopes on Nahas.

Now, either I need to go in for a new reading glasses prescription or it's suddenly got a bit dusty in here.

Oh, and The Chiefton (Louise), the offer of posting photos for us to see??? I think I would speak for everybody here when I say... Bloody hell, YES PLEASE :thumbsu:

I am lost for words, Louise. I can feel all of your struggles in your beautifully written piece. The Little Chiefton, Olivia, has two remarkable parents. Congratulations and best wishes for the next chapter to the whole TC family.

And keep draping Olivia in blue and white. Scientifically proven to promote healthy development in kids. :D

Good to hear from you again Louise/Chiefton!

It's been such a roller coaster ride that you and your family have been on, and it's such great news that you have come
Through the other side.

By the sounds of things It's still a long road that you'll be travelling, but at least it will be one with TC in your
LIfe. Your story puts things into perspective and I'll be sure to hold my loved ones a little tighter tonight!

All the best over the coming weeks and months! I'm sure that the fighting spirit and your families resolve that you've
Shown so far will hold you in good stead.

Wow. Thank you so much for this update, Louise - none of us expected you to keep coming back to us, we just wanted you and TC to know we were thinking of you. What a difficult, awful time you've had, and how wonderful for you to welcome Olivia and now to see her with her dad. It sounds as though you still have a long road ahead but it's something you are up to facing together, with your family and friends around you and your little girl to inspire you. Love from us all
x

You know what? Bigfooty is full of rubbish. Idiots talking out of their you-know-what's and annoying for the sake of it, or the cardinal offense - not being amusing while doing so.

Between the dross, every now and again is a thread or a post that lifts it above the mundane, above the day to day. Some of them are just beautifully crafted insults, others are a perfect evaluation that makes you realise that someone out there pays as much attention as you to this team and sport. Some include an *.

Threads like this are the even rarer type, they actually make you proud to be part of a community of genuine people that have courage, conviction and empathy for their fellow human beings. Good work TC, Mrs TC & Little TC and best wishes for your first Christmas as a newly minted family.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep up the good fight....

I read your most welcome update earlier tonight on my phone Roouise (c'mon, you're one of our NMFC BF family now) and was left speechless. Welcome to the world little Roolivia! :thumbsu:

Having spoken at length with our boy TC on the very subject of children, when he was the first poster to PM me a congrats when my own were born, I knew how much he'd dreampt of holding his own child. The fact he has done so when all seemed so lost months ago absolutely floors me. Talk about bringing a tear to the eye......

No doubt your road is long and the challenges will continue but please don't hesitate to ask here if you ever need help in any way. We'll stand by you all through thick and thin and will do anything we can to assist, no matter how small or large. If we can't we'll certainly try to.

Yes to your photos suggestion! Please pass on our thoughts and best wishes to the great man TC from us all and again, thanks so much for updating us. This means a great deal!

(^ Nice one.)

Amazing stuff. Not much to say that has already been said (including "POTY"!), but also wanted to add my thanks to you Louise for taking the time to write such a moving and inspirational post. Most of us couldn't fathom the kind of challenges you've had to deal with, and will continue to face, but like TT says, we're certainly in your corner. Best wishes to the TC clan - hope his condition continues to improve, and truly sensational news about Roolivia.

All the best,
TODdles

(Posting at this ungodly hour as an extra tribute to the great man.)

Great news and welcome to the world Roolivia!

I'm glad this is the first thread I've opened this morning and I'd like to also offer my congratulations to you Louise and the great man on the arrival of little Olivia.

What a fantastic spur for TC to keep on fighting. Best wishes to you and all your family once again. :)

Wonderful, wonderful news, Louise. Just great to hear that TC is continuing to get better. I'm sure little Roolivia will be thrilled to one day learn how hard her father has fought to make sure he got to experience the joy of being a parent, along with you, to your beautiful little girl.

We wander along in our mundane worlds, often thinking about how hard done by we are, by sometimes the most trivial of things that happen to us and then we read stories like yours.

Even though we think we understand, we really don't know how hard your journey has been.

Last night I was at a school function and I heard a story, that I won't recount here, but just like your's and The Chiefton's, it brought tears to my eyes and made me realise (once again) that yes, we should each of us daily count our blessings, because as the saying goes, "there but for the grace of god go I".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back