News A real life lesson on perspective folks.....re. The Chiefton

2 years. Bloody hell.

Echoing the hopes that TC & Louise (and Olivia) are all progressing in the best way possible.

Bloody oath to all of the above FG. I still get chills recalling opening the message which I thought TC himself had sent, whch turned out to be from Louise with the mind blowingly bad news (and good, re Olivia's future arrival).

Thinking of them all. Hoping for the best! Always longing for news.

TC is very much missed by this NM BF family of his.

I know TC would be getting a buzz out of this week and would have had all manner of thoughts...so any updates?

:(

I wish there were Gaso but, with this being our only connection to TC and Louise, there aren't any as there hasn't been a response for a very long time.

At last check he had come out of his coma, and had met his newborn baby daughter, but was far from out of the woods. He had a long road ahead and the level of improvement in his prognosis was unknown, let alone full recovery, which was a pipedream at best.

They're always in my thoughts and, in lieu of any tangible news, I guess all we can do as a group is continue to offer our very best wishes and thoughts. TC is greatly missed around here, that's for sure, especially for anyone stupid enough to be online in the wee hours midweek when he'd often send a quick PM to ask how you and your own family were.

In BF parlance I continue to have everything crossed in the hope that he's doing well, ever on the improve, enjoying life with his family and able to ride the highs and lows of this club he always held so dear.

He'd be chuffed for Boomer, I have no doubt.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I wish there were Gaso but, with this being our only connection to TC and Louise, there aren't any as there hasn't been a response for a very long time.

At last check he had come out of his coma, and had met his newborn baby daughter, but was far from out of the woods. He had a long road ahead and the level of improvement in his prognosis was unknown, let alone full recovery, which was a pipedream at best.

They're always in my thoughts and, in lieu of any tangible news, I guess all we can do as a group is continue to offer our very best wishes and thoughts. TC is greatly missed around here, that's for sure, especially for anyone stupid enough to be online in the wee hours midweek when he'd often send a quick PM to ask how you and your own family were.

In BF parlance I continue to have everything crossed in the hope that he's doing well, ever on the improve, enjoying life with his family and able to ride the highs and lows of this club he always held so dear.

He'd be chuffed for Boomer, I have no doubt.

I'd love to here an update. The Chiefton was an astute poster, and all round nice guy.

In light of the nice messages of support for one brother in the Tassie posters thread, just thought a little bump of this one was in order to keep another brother in our thoughts. As with many others here I'm sure, my thoughts often turn to TC and his family, wondering how things are going.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Still looking forward to when TC posts back for the first time in what becomes the most liked post in BigFooty history.

Geez... imagine that! Hope he and his family are doing well and sharing a wonderful christmas together. They deserve as many as possible.

Apr 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
I thought the same thing while reading DP's post.

Thoughts are always with TC and his family.

Opposition posters can say what they like about our board but there is no doubt that we support our own for the most important things in life.

HELLSBELLS

Club Legend
Jun 18, 2007
VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
Was thinking about TC the other day and hoping all is well. Does anyone know Chiefs real name or is there a way anyone could find an email address etc ? We know his Fiance is Louise so if somehow we could find an email or surname maybe we can find them ?

Was thinking about TC the other day and hoping all is well. Does anyone know Chiefs real name or is there a way anyone could find an email address etc ? We know his Fiance is Louise so if somehow we could find an email or surname maybe we can find them ?

I was in regular contact with Louise via PM from TC's BF a/c HB and at no stage was there any mention of full names and/or email addresses unfortunately. I know she was very thankful he'd pulled through at the time, but also extremely concerned about the future and his level of recovery. I hope like hell that his recovery continued in a positive direction but, given the complete loss of contact, I do fear that he's a shadow of his former intelligent and witty self due to the serious brain injuries incurred. Being a glass half full type though I like to think he's doing well enough to lead as full a life as is possible following such a traumatic event and he remains interested in footy and North even if unable to hop on here and join in the fun and frivolity. Fingers crossed!

Back