News A real life lesson on perspective folks.....re. The Chiefton

Maj's situation today got me thinking about our community and The Chiefton sprung to mind.

Does anyone know if he's doing okay? Hoping for the best and that he's able to enjoy his roos and time with family.

2 years since the last post in this thread! Only feels like yesterday, the years escape us way too quick.

Almost six years ago.

Wow.
I know right?

I spent almost an hour trying to find this thread, was looking in the region of 2015-16ish.

Was blown away when I saw how long ago this thread was created.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I believe his wife contacted someone in the months afterwards to let us know how he was travelling but since then it is one of life’s mysteries

I am coming up 17 years on here next March and whilst this world is not the real world, it’s wins, losses, joys and tragedies play out on here and posters come and go; but it’s these guys and the two others in my time that hit the hardest

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Maj's situation today got me thinking about our community and The Chiefton sprung to mind.

Does anyone know if he's doing okay? Hoping for the best and that he's able to enjoy his roos and time with family.

2 years since the last post in this thread! Only feels like yesterday, the years escape us way too quick.

Like most of us on here, I’d love to get an update somehow!

Thoughts are with ya big fella!

Just read all this for the first time, this morning
Unbelievable...I’m at a loss for words
And 6 years on, you guys are still thinking about him.

2 things immediately spring to mind.

His little girl is probably starting school this year, I pray both her parents will be present at her first day of school

Secondly, you lot
We may be small in numbers, but time and time again, no group of supporters show the love and care as North supporters do

I sometimes forget what an honour it is to be a North person

Credit to all of you

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Just read all this for the first time, this morning
Unbelievable...I’m at a loss for words
And 6 years on, you guys are still thinking about him.

2 things immediately spring to mind.

His little girl is probably starting school this year, I pray both her parents will be present at her first day of school

Secondly, you lot
We may be small in numbers, but time and time again, no group of supporters show the love and care as North supporters do

I sometimes forget what an honour it is to be a North person

Credit to all of you

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

One of modern life's quirks...the game before the accident he was in the GD Thread posting away as he normally did and we were in some to and fro agreement about how the game was proceeding. The next thing this happened. It is quirky because I never met old Chief; wouldn't know him if I had sat beside him at the Footy, now or then, so that's quirky because despite the anonymity of this site, it is devastating that this happened to a great bloke that I never knew in RL.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
One of modern life's quirks...the game before the accident he was in the GD Thread posting away as he normally did and we were in some to and fro agreement about how the game was proceeding. The next thing this happened. It is quirky because I never met old Chief; wouldn't know him if I had sat beside him at the Footy, now or then, so that's quirky because despite the anonymity of this site, it is devastating that this happened to a great bloke that I never knew in RL.

It's a sign of the times with internet forums in general. This forum has been around for almost 20 years, I remembered reading it for a couple of years before I signed up, we are going to lose some posters along the way, purely by the time that has passed over the years.

Probably not a bad idea for some of our posters (those willing) to send through their real names and email address' via PM to one of our mods, who could keep a spreadsheet for safekeeping in the event of stuff like this. It's only going to get more common as most of us who were already middle age when we signed up, age even more, I know if I was in the same position as TC, I'd like my wife to keep you all in the loop and I don't personally know any BigFooty members like some of you on here, so would be probably be in the same position as TC.

We've lost a few on the journey, some I barely knew and others a little more. I think about some of them who had a rough run at things regularly. The single best and worst thing about footy is the people you meet along the way - both in the club, outside and all the good and bad bits. Hope TC and family are doing well.

This morning I awoke to a PM from a long term poster on the North BF board. Nothing unusual there as it's often the case. Also not unusual as I've had many a late night chat with this poster, when he does his best work on BF.

Only this time I quickly discovered it had been typed up by said poster's fiance.

She told me that they'd recently discovered that they were expecting a child, having been told they could never conceive. You can imagine the joy such news brings.

Said poster however, at last report (the email received), is barely clinging to life in hospital after suffering a massive heart attack.

Please say a prayer for The Chiefton, who needs every ounce of luck and positive thoughts coming his way from his fellow North BF family members.

Footy's a major part of all our lives but it isn't life itself.

If I learn any more of his dire situation I'll let you all know.

Hang in there TC!

Geez, over 10 years since this thread began.

Really hope TC made a full recovery and is enjoying his time with his now (not so young family)

Honestly, the PM chat quoted in the OP feels like yesterday for me and I echo your thoughts mate.

Late nights like this is when he’d regularly PM me just to ask “how’s life TT?” And on we’d chat and laugh.

He’s certainly missed around here. 💙

Back