Perth Bandits Head Coach
Dec 27, 2017
Subiaco Oval
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Bandits
WAFLLogo2@0,5x.jpg

The year is 2030. 11 years ago, the AFL bought the WAFL and turned it more into a development league. While the WAFC still “runs” the competition, the AFL does all the heavy lifting and makes the big decisions. This includes mass expansion all across the great state of Western Australia and now every region has its own team to support. This made the WAFL more profitable than ever with selling out country games week after week because they couldn’t get down to Perth to see the big time. With now over 22 teams across all regions of WA, the WAFL is on the rise as one of the best Developmental/ 2nd tier Leagues in Australia.

In this Portfolio I will be showing you the Logos and Jumpers of each team as well as a description of how the team came about.

Last edited:

jmac91

Perth Bandits Head Coach
Dec 27, 2017
Subiaco Oval
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Bandits
How the Competition Works
21 game season per team
23 round season
Bye rounds (8-10) and (18-20)
Top 8 makes Finals
Same as current AFL Finals
Reserves have the same schedule as their main team while the Colts are split into 2 competitions
The North and South/ Metro.
This is to limit the traveling for the Colts.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks, Southampton FC
View attachment 573382
The year is 2030. 11 years ago, the AFL bought the WAFL and turned it more into a development league. While the WAFC still “runs” the competition, the AFL does all the heavy lifting and makes the big decisions. This includes mass expansion all across the great state of Western Australia and now every region has its own team to support. This made the WAFL more profitable than ever with selling out country games week after week because they couldn’t get down to Perth to see the big time. With now over 22 teams across all regions of WA, the WAFL is on the rise as one of the best Developmental/ 2nd tier Leagues in Australia.

In this Portfolio I will be showing you the Logos and Jumpers of each team as well as a description of how the team came about.
Does this mean the AFL took over the SANFL in this future?

jmac91

Perth Bandits Head Coach
Dec 27, 2017
Subiaco Oval
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Bandits
WCEFull@0,5x.jpg

Well this is pretty straight forward. In 2019 the Eagles got their own Reserves team separate to East Perth. This allowed their young guns to earn their wings while not being put into a team that they don't train with. In their first season they played all their games away but now they play out of Lathlain and draw big crowds wherever they go. With now their Academy players playing in the Colts competition and some even in the Reserves competition, this is the future of the Eagles and the Eagle has Landed.

jmac91

Perth Bandits Head Coach
Dec 27, 2017
Subiaco Oval
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Bandits
JoondalupFFull@0,5x.jpg

This is also pretty straight forward. With the increasing debts of West Perth even though they got it payed off in 2018, West Perth has officially relocated to Joondalup under the name Joondalup Falcons. This has been a great success for the club even though they are no longer West Perth. They draw good crowds every week and this gives a team to the region North of Perth. With this relocation, the Cardies will survive and flourish in Joondalup.

Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
View attachment 573959

This is also pretty straight forward. With the increasing debts of West Perth even though they got it payed off in 2018, West Perth has officially relocated to Joondalup under the name Joondalup Falcons. This has been a great success for the club even though they are no longer West Perth. They draw good crowds every week and this gives a team to the region North of Perth. With this relocation, the Cardies will survive and flourish in Joondalup.
At least the ugly side panels are gone!

jmac91

Perth Bandits Head Coach
Dec 27, 2017
Subiaco Oval
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Bandits
ClaremontTFull@0,5x.jpg

In 2021, the redevelopment of Claremont Oval is complete. Now they are playing and training out of Claremont Oval for regular games while they play major games like finals out at the Showgrounds. This redevelopment breathed new life into the club and into the community. The Tigers have gone back to a traditional Sash without a monogram and with their clash has brought back a V. With their New Oval, the tigers are roaring.

SubiacoLFull@0,5x.jpg

While Subiaco Oval was being demolished, the Lions played their games out of the Athletics Stadium in Floreat. Now in 2021, the Lions have return home. Even though their is a school next door, the Lions base is at Subiaco Oval, which the WAFC couldn't do. With the Lions returning home, they have also gone back to the future with their jumpers. With the classic stripes making a return as well as a Yoke for their clash based on their 1964-67 home jumper. With now playing games both at Subi and at the Athletics Stadium, The Lions are ready to pounce.

jmac91

Perth Bandits Head Coach
Dec 27, 2017
Subiaco Oval
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Bandits
GeraldtonKFull@0,5x.jpg

Now we have the first 2 country expansion teams, and this is as country as it can get. The Geraldton Kangaroos entered the WAFL as the first Team outside of Perth metro area (excluding Peel). This team was heavily supported by Western Australian's. the AFL decided to put a team up in Geraldton because of the great talent that comes from the Mid-West. You just need to look at players like Josh Kennedy and Patrick Cripps to see what talent can come out of there. With massive crowds coming to their home games, the Kangaroos have self funded an upgrade of Wonthella Oval to accommodate 5,000 people in seats alone.

South-WestWFull@0,5x.jpg

The South-West Warriors plays out of Hands Oval in Bunbury. They have been dominant in their first season. Only losing 4 games before being knocked out in the finals. The warriors came to be after a call by the AFL that went to all major country communities that they could get their own WAFL team. Bunbury were quick to respond, putting in a bid that saw a 10,000 seat stadium upgrade to Hands oval that can accommodate up to 25,000 people. With the community right behind the bid, the AFL gave them a licence to compete in the 2022 season.

Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
View attachment 574606
Now we have the first 2 country expansion teams, and this is as country as it can get. The Geraldton Kangaroos entered the WAFL as the first Team outside of Perth metro area (excluding Peel). This team was heavily supported by Western Australian's. the AFL decided to put a team up in Geraldton because of the great talent that comes from the Mid-West. You just need to look at players like Josh Kennedy and Patrick Cripps to see what talent can come out of there. With massive crowds coming to their home games, the Kangaroos have self funded an upgrade of Wonthella Oval to accommodate 5,000 people in seats alone.

View attachment 574618
The South-West Warriors plays out of Hands Oval in Bunbury. They have been dominant in their first season. Only losing 4 games before being knocked out in the finals. The warriors came to be after a call by the AFL that went to all major country communities that they could get their own WAFL team. Bunbury were quick to respond, putting in a bid that saw a 10,000 seat stadium upgrade to Hands oval that can accommodate up to 25,000 people. With the community right behind the bid, the AFL gave them a licence to compete in the 2022 season.
I think the debate is settled over a colour combination for a potential Geraldton WAFL club.
BTW that South-West jumper is great!

jmac91

Perth Bandits Head Coach
Dec 27, 2017
Subiaco Oval
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Bandits
RockinghamRFull@0,5x.jpg

The next 2 expansion teams entered the competition in 2023. Firstly, Rockingham entered a bid to the AFL to join. Playing out at an upgraded Anniversary Park, the newly formed Raiders has been strong in their first season. Just missing out on finals, the raiders are looking to grab the flag in the coming years. Now this bid was heavily criticised because Rockingham is part of the Perth Metropolitan area but the AFL accepted the bid because of the heavy population growth in the area.

FremantleDFull@0,5x.jpg

Now after 5 more years being associated with Peel, the Dockers finally decided to get their own team. The AFL accepted their bid immediately. The Dockers play out of their Cockburn Oval base and they have given the people of Cockburn a team to support. They were thinking of calling their reserves team the Cockburn Dockers but was rejected by a close vote. This team has been a success bringing in big crowds every week and giving the Dockers young players a chance to play every week.

jmac91

Perth Bandits Head Coach
Dec 27, 2017
Subiaco Oval
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Bandits
MandurahTFull@0,5x.jpg

Now, after Fremantle's alinement with Peel ended, Peel looked to go fora total revamp of their football club. Now going by the name, Mandurah Thunder, they have gone back to their original and greatest jumper. Also with an upgrade to Rushton Park to hold 5000 seats and up to 20,000 people overall, the Thunder are on the rise.
SwanDistrictsFull@0,5x.jpg

Also, The Swan Districts has done minor changes this season. While still having the classic stripes, the back is white, not black. Also, Bassendean Oval has been redeveloped to cope with the big crowd sizes that they have been getting. While still keeping the classic gates, They have made the oval into a massive 15,000 seat stadium, while still having 10,000 in standing room. Now your probably wondering, how were they able to do this? Well they have won Premiership after Premiership after Premiership after Premiership. They were so dominant that they won 4 Premierships in 4 years. This upgraded to Bassendean is just a show of where the WAFL is going. Up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jmac91

Perth Bandits Head Coach
Dec 27, 2017
Subiaco Oval
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Bandits
PerthDFull@0,5x.jpg

Now in 2025, The Demons moved from Lathlain Park to the WACA Ground because of the Eagles kicking out Perth of Lathlian. They couldn't ground share due to Eagles training a also Reserves games. The move to the WACA was made possible because of the WACA and the WAFC both being based their due to Subiaco Oval being destroyed. The WAFC was temporally based at Leederville Oval but the plans that were placed in 2016 to move to the WACA finally happened. This gives the WACA use during the Winter and gives worth back to the Membership. Also weekly Friday Night Games are played at the WACA. Perth with their new home is looking to finally claim a flag for the Demons.

Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
View attachment 578058

Now in 2025, The Demons moved from Lathlain Park to the WACA Ground because of the Eagles kicking out Perth of Lathlian. They couldn't ground share due to Eagles training a also Reserves games. The move to the WACA was made possible because of the WACA and the WAFC both being based their due to Subiaco Oval being destroyed. The WAFC was temporally based at Leederville Oval but the plans that were placed in 2016 to move to the WACA finally happened. This gives the WACA use during the Winter and gives worth back to the Membership. Also weekly Friday Night Games are played at the WACA. Perth with their new home is looking to finally claim a flag for the Demons.
Did the song change to the ...to our home at The WACA Ground?

jmac91

Perth Bandits Head Coach
Dec 27, 2017
Subiaco Oval
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Bandits
AlbanyRFull@0,5x.jpg

The Albany Rams are the next Country Expansion team in the WAFL. They came to be after the AFL looking into a Great Southern Expansion and it came at a great time because of Centennial Park's upgrade being completed. This team was heavily endorsed by the McGovern Brothers and Jeremy made a pledge to the club when he retired from the AFL that he would play for them. The Rams have made waves in their first season after finishing in the top 4 and making the Preliminary Final.

NorthamLFull@0,5x.jpg

After going through many walls to get into the WAFL, the Northam Lakers entered the competition in 2026. Originally called the Giants in early bids, the AFL wanted Northam to have a name that represents the town. After going through various names like farmers and blazers, the Lakers name was named after the Avon River. Even though it isn't a lake, the Lakers name stuck and now looking back was the best choice. With the entire Wheatbelt behind them, they got great crowds for their first season, the Lakers are looking to shine in the future.

like, caaaaaaaaarn.

I said I wouldn't say anything, especially given I'm starting to sound like a broken record but f**k me, this has to be the 3rd or 4th folio now. Tired of it.
But the designs have both been worn by the club previously.
Subiaco-14.gif
Subiaco-11.gif

Subiaco-14.gif
Subiaco-11.gif

Yeah no s**t, which is what I based them off, but still put my own spin on them with a three gold stripes down the front and down the back, and an inverse of the away with a straight yoke across the back. Not exactly groundbreakingly original work by myself, but you're having an absolute laugh Fizz if you're gonna tell me he's not blatantly ripping my work with the portfolio.

I get that everyone's sick to death of me having this spiel, especially after folios popped up as soon as mine had finished, which is why I just let this go when I first saw it. It was like, yeah, alright, whatever it's just gonna be a broken record at this point but I put a lot of time and effort into my designs, so to see it just get copy/pasted into other people's work over and over - I'm sick and tired of it and it's one of the reasons I don't have the motivation when it comes to the SANFL one that keeps getting bumped because people are waiting on the next entry.

But sorry to derail, jmac91 - by all means carry on...

Subiaco-14.gif
Subiaco-11.gif
If this were a one off occurrence, then that is fair, but I think the frequency of Jmac's designs aligning with FT's is pretty telling.

jmac91

Perth Bandits Head Coach
Dec 27, 2017
Subiaco Oval
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Bandits
LeedervilleRFull@0,5x.jpg

Now after many years of playing in Leederville, the Royals have officially relocated their. There were options to relocate the Royals back to East Perth including playing out of the WACA and building an oval out at the old East Perth Power Station but, they didn't want to ground share with the demons and they didn't want to use a tone of money on a new oval so they just upgraded Leederville Oval and officially changed their name. Now the Royals finally have a kingdom to call their own.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back