Roast A reflection of where Pie fans think their club is really at. It's not positive.

Are you happy with we're the club is at?

• Yes

Votes: 17 13.1%
  • No

Votes: 104 80.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 9 6.9%

• Total voters
Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
I know there's already the threads, these snips pretty much sums up the level of satisfaction of us Pie fans. This is page one of Pies board on BF, didn't even bother going into page two - I know there's others in there like 'What can we do as fans to make change'. A thread title like that says it all of where we're really at. It's pretty damning.

I know the bulk of the comments in the highlighted threads come as a reaction to our poor onfield performance and the continual hope that never eventuates, there in lies the frustration.

Lot's of opinion of what should and shouldn't be done to address the myriad of issues, at the end of the day Collingwood Football Club don't scroll the social media comments looking for a way to address the issues.

From the outside looking in, it's like it's not taken seriously by the club or deliberately ignored even.

I could well imagine how different the Tigers board would look on BF, for good reason of course. They're gunning for a 3rd flag in 4 years and we've got bupkis after 'promise'. Same same, rinse and repeat.

Is it any wonder that our pages are full of opinions like we have? And why does it come across as the club don't share the same concern?

1602387553348.png
1602387651320.png
1602387751083.png

AndrewShawble

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
We will be back, more people just angry after what was an embarrassment last night. 1 goal for 3+ qtrs wasn’t even just getting beaten, it was something else.

Let’s hope the list management this off-season is aggressive.

Anyway, Go Pies!

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
You can discount the views of everyone under about 40....they're used to having mommy and daddy do everything for them. If they dont get their way, they cant cope. I think that accounts for a lot of so-called mental illness...

As for those above 40, it's called disappointment.

anshell

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 10, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
manchester united
We will be back, more people just angry after what was an embarrassment last night. 1 goal for 3+ qtrs wasn’t even just getting beaten, it was something else.

Let’s hope the list management this off-season is aggressive.

Anyway, Go Pies!
Exactly.I think last night’s loss was probably the wake up call the club needs.Hopefully it makes the club more proactive on the recruiting front about filling the holes in the list,instead of being so passive as has it been in recent seasons.

Good_Old

Cancelled
10k Posts Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
May 27, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
You can discount the views of everyone under about 40....they're used to having mommy and daddy do everything for them. If they dont get their way, they cant cope. I think that accounts for a lot of so-called mental illness...

I was with you up until you sniped mental illness. 👎

Good_Old

Cancelled
10k Posts Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
May 27, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
well thanks for your qualified support. i have opinions. i express em. It doesnt do any harm

Not a problem, if you require it again just ask.
Just expressing my opinion of an opinion. It also doesn't do any harm.

The toughen up princess mindset belongs in the bin. 🙂

Matt_352

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

Ok boomer

TKiL

Cancelled
Jul 22, 2017
Eastern Suburbs, Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm > 40 - for me it's not disappointment - it's "well there we go again" ... talk, talk, hype, hype, review, restructure, bla frea^in bla - but a period of sustained success?? - which means flags - not on your life

Barracking for Cwood for decades produces its own vaccine - I'm immune to disappointment

Slept well last night :)

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Not a problem, if you require it again just ask.
Just expressing my opinion of an opinion. It also doesn't do any harm.

The toughen up princess mindset belongs in the bin. 🙂

well i was expressing a view on why people are venting .... not to promote the toughen up princess mindset. You assumed a bit along the way. But as you might say, I'm not fatally wounded at being misrepresented.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I'm > 40 - for me it's not disappointment - it's "well there we go again" ... talk, talk, hype, hype, review, restructure, bla frea^in bla - but a period of sustained success?? - which means flags - not on your life

Barracking for Cwood for decades produces its own vaccine - I'm immune to disappointment

Slept well last night :)

The fans cant do much but there's a common thread through the years... the whining unrealistic magpie fan. A week after delivering an amazingly gutsy win, the team is bagged as useless.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I hope the pie fans are listening to the mark mcgowan on the afl.com.au. He is a smart cookie. He says that we need to get moore, de goey mihocek and daicos signed up NOW NOW...

so we need to sign them up NOW..

the people in charge of this at the pies should just walk into 4 meetings and ask the 4 players what they want and sign them NOW.... simple.

Thanks Mark. Keep up the great work with the expert comments.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
No surprises, no one is satisfied with where we're at as a club, 1 year of promise since 2012 and even that was broken. Similar theme window after window, continues to rarely deliver on the promise.

Weight of numbers is all we've got, continue to contend and eventually the cups will come, while other clubs will rarely contend and snag a flag ala dogs and other clubs will contend like we do but snag flags ala the hawks and tiges.

Meanwhile we've got zero. Reckon we'll go another 3 or 4 GF's in the next decade and we might get one. GC might play in one but they'll win it.

Such is the history or our club.

TKiL

Cancelled
Jul 22, 2017
Eastern Suburbs, Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
The fans cant do much but there's a common thread through the years... the whining unrealistic magpie fan. A week after delivering an amazingly gutsy win, the team is bagged as useless.
they're prob frustrated at seeing..

Geelong era - 3 flags
Brisbane era - 3 flags
Hawthorn era - lost count
Richmond - I've seen 7 of theirs across different eras
Carlton - while ago - but they had their era
Ess - I've seen 6 of theirs across different eras

Pies - odd flag - no era

12kilos

Club Legend
Sep 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
You are totally right mate , many of our fans that see things in rainbow coloured glasses honestly believe by trading for a Ben Brown were right back in the premiership race which is further from the truth. A trade like that will only prolong our stay in the 8 as a team just making up the numbers for the next 5 years.
Buckley has been a champion at the club, however he has been our coach since 2012 how much longer can we give him? he has failed as a coach.

Even looking at our football department they have given away 4 first round draft picks for Treloar and Beams trading our future away.
Not only that as a hole we probably have the worse group of key positional players in the AFL , take away Moore Grundy and young Will Kelly there realistically is nothing there? The rest of our key positional players are from other sports or journey men on the decline like Roughead and dunn.
Realistically we need a new coach a fresh approach with sweeping changes in the football department also.

We need to take 2 or 3 steps backwards to go 10 steps forward , which could mean trading a Degoey Sidebottom players that can land us first round draft picks and in Degoeys case depending on supply and demand possibly multiple first rounders. and firstly address our problems with talls via the draft.

If we need to pick up experience players it has to be done through free agency were you dont give away draft picks, also players like varcoe greenwood dunn roughead mayne just to name a few need to be shown the door, players like Josh Thomas you can find a 21 or 22 year old with upside to play his role?
If we can trade or get rid of players like will hoskin elliot it would also be a bonus.

We all know this wont happen the club will sale us hope people most of us will fall for it, Maguire desperation for Buckley to taste success will lead us in to trading early draft picks our future for players like Ben Brown and some forward pocket 27 or 28 year old that a opposition club wants to get rid off , most of us will then be content until the s**t hits the fan again this time next year.

Last edited:

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't think you should take the immediate post-game reactions after a finals loss as a reflection of the vast majority of fans think of the club, particularly when it comes from the resident rocket scientists here at BigFooty.

This place is toxic as all hell in the days after a loss. No doubt people are frustrated, in some cases rightfully so, but people here veer towards doom and gloom more often than not.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

Geelong era - 3 flags
Brisbane era - 3 flags

Pies - odd flag - no era

dont have to tell me... and it's not as if the richmond fans deserved their recent success.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Yep and what will 'the biggest club in the country" do about it? my guess is not much

well one thing that i agree with buckley in the press conference is that the club needs to know itself before it can make changes..... so we should stop this ridiculous embarassing preening as being the biggest club. if we could change that one thing i'd be happy..

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't think you should take the immediate post-game reactions after a finals loss as a reflection of the vast majority of fans think of the club, particularly when it comes from the resident rocket scientists here at BigFooty.

This place is toxic as all hell in the days after a loss. No doubt people are frustrated, in some cases rightfully so, but people here veer towards doom and gloom more often than not.
Yes, yes “Doom and Gloom”.
What would you have us do after yet another year of failure?
If, and it’s a big IF, I thought the coach has a continuing contract due to his tactical ability, or even his ability to pass on his foot and hand skills to the playing list, then I wouldn’t need to play the doom and gloom card.
But I’ve seen 8 years of our skill level going backwards, our game plan being worked out within weeks.
I do believe that Ed understands this. But Ed is a man who cannot admit to mistakes and will happily grind our great club I to the dirt just to not admit defeat.
We need an overhaul, it begins from the top and puts us at least 5 years from any glory.

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes, yes “Doom and Gloom”.
What would you have us do after yet another year of failure?
If, and it’s a big IF, I thought the coach has a continuing contract due to his tactical ability, or even his ability to pass on his foot and hand skills to the playing list, then I wouldn’t need to play the doom and gloom card.
But I’ve seen 8 years of our skill level going backwards, our game plan being worked out within weeks.
I do believe that Ed understands this. But Ed is a man who cannot admit to mistakes and will happily grind our great club I to the dirt just to not admit defeat.
We need an overhaul, it begins from the top and puts us at least 5 years from any glory.

I look forward to hearing you raise these points at the member's forum my friend.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
I look forward to hearing you raise these points at the member's forum my friend.
Unfortunately, as I’ve posted several times over the last few years, I Let my membership go the day the club recruited the two convicted drug cheats.
One remains so my membership is still void.
You are welcome to act as my advocate.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club

Geelong era - 3 flags
Brisbane era - 3 flags

Pies - odd flag - no era

Actually the frustration is that we've had enough eras to have more flags - much more. Since 58

64-66 no flag
77-81 no flag
88-90 1 flag
02-03 no flag
09-12 1 flag

That last - even for us should've had at least 1 more flag in it.

We've played in 27 GF losses, only two clubs have played more GF's than we've lost. The blose and the bomb outs. We've played 14 more GF's than the next closest. We should have at least another 10 in the cabinet on those numbers - at the very least. We've had 44 chances for only 15 successes.

There's your frustration.

Back