Roast A reflection of where Pie fans think their club is really at. It's not positive.

Are you happy with we're the club is at?

• Yes

Votes: 17 13.1%
  • No

Votes: 104 80.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 9 6.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This article from the Roar site...
Our club is an old boys place that is dying and the definition of insanity...

I read that article, and as the op it explains why I created this thread in the first place. Even living in Perth, and there are a lot of the the Pie faithful here that I know and I also know a plethora of fans and members in my home state of Vic.

I cannot name ONE optimistic fan or member among any of them. NOT ONE!

At best there are one or two who are 'we'll come good' with no real conviction or reason, just coz we're Collingwood, the hoper types.

So the questions are - is it that most of the fans are pi55ed off? Or is it just coincidence that the ones i know are not happy? Am I missing something?

If not then that would explain the almost zero public addressing to the fans would it not? Maybe the club are not aware of the fan lament or if it is they view it as a minority not the majority? Even if the club were aware and it was the case of majority would they give a sh1t anyway? So long as the member $ come in? Is that the end game for the club now? Flags no longer the priority?

Most of the questions in that article are valid, sure there are a few around this years trade period, contract sizes etc. that can only at this point be answered in speculation. Still the lament is growing from where I sit and has been for some time! :(

There's word of a challenge to the current administration, this is off the back of callers to radio stations mentioning an assembled challenging ticket.
Well, maybe I do care who's on the ticket - you'd think that with our vast supporter base, there would be enough people that have the required skillset to perform the roles of the Board.

There is a lot of he said/she said flying around ATM around the off field stuff, and whether players wanted AT and JS to go or stay etc. We probably won't ever know the full truth of that stuff. But we will get an idea in due course because if there is any disharmony between the players or between the players as a collective and the club that will become obvious between now and next season I would think.

In the meantime, on face value we aren't in contention anymore. So yeah ok maybe some player issues and cap issues have been fixed BUT we haven't improved the list, it's regressed. So that leaves us with only internal improvement to hang any hope on, going on the last two years AND with the exit of Boyd and Longmuir that is highly highly unlikely!

This is all after this year, just this year the coach and senior players have publicly stated they're gunning for a flag and now we're looking at the bottom half of the ladder at the most hopeful.

FMD it's no wonder the fan base or it seems most of them are so p155ed off.

Well, maybe I do care who's on the ticket - you'd think that with our vast supporter base, there would be enough people that have the required skillset to perform the roles of the Board.

What's most important to me and probably you and probably the other million or so fans is that the club is run properly and gives ourselves the best chances of the end game.

My glimmer of hope is that either the current admin gets the message and we see massive improvement or the challenging ticket (if it does actually eventuate - I have serious doubts though) obtains the right people for the right positions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keen to hear this out.

Need this ticket to be actually good, can’t just be anyone - if it is, wowee, we are on here

The most important bit is that the club gets the message and acts on it, if they don't and continue with the no explanation / deflection approach it will only drive the challenge sentiment.

Either either the club can't continue on it's current path without dissent, we will lose many paying members already as a result of the current situation in a hope that change does happen. They're not getting my renewed membership for these reasons.

• After this trade period we've had a serious list regression, while the contenders improve. AND we've got basically zero in return.
  • The reasons for the first point, the self inflicted position, all the while the club has not been transparent and it's almost zero public statements on those issues do not reflect the views of seemingly most of it's fan base
  • The poor internal development over the last decade apart from one outlier season that netted zero in the end anyway. Losing a GF is NOT a success in this game.
  • The loss of the obvious people in that outlier year. Buddha, JL and Boyd.

Matt just called a spade a spade.

Best 22 is good enough to win a flag with game plan changes

we will have loads of cap next year

players out don’t hurt that much

we will be big players in the draft

Yes it is, but it is so far from likely it's not funny, have a look around at the contending teams, is our 22 anywhere near that? If you think that then that is beyond optimism, that is hope in desperation. Same for Rendell

If you're looking at internal improvement, then look at the last two seasons and tell us all 'it's ok we're still in contention'. There have been glimmers of ideal game plan - it's the exception not the rule. It's clear the team cannot execute ideal game for long enough. So it's not likely to come from there.

Players out don't hurt much - right, so we have a top 3 possession getter league wide that we let go of for a packet of chips. Remember our ideal game is based on possession.

We've offloaded a 1st round pick that was a rising star in his first year. Yeah nah we'll hardly notice it.

So tell us all it's going to be ok and we're gonna win the flag next year. Coach and players seem to think they would do it this year, but nope that didn't happen. Remember that is the reason this club is in the competition flags, or at least it should be

...........................Starting to have my doubts on that last sentence.

Let’s hope it’s a high quality ticket, with experienced people. Competition is a good thing.
Last thing we need is a nuffie ticket.

I agree, shouldn't have got to this in the first place. We don't even need a challenging ticket, what we need is to send a rocket up the clubs ass to actually make some positive moves for the end game.

Shouldn't have got to this in the first place, very disappointed, frustrated and angry. Not happy Spin.

I have a request for you, would you please vote on this thread? And if possible give your reasons for your answer? I would like to get your view.

Genuine request.

I agree, shouldn't have got to this in the first place. We don't even need a challenging ticket, what we need is to send a rocket up the clubs ass to actually make some positive moves for the end game.

Shouldn't have got to this in the first place, very disappointed, frustrated and angry. Not happy Spin.

I have a request for you, would you please vote on this thread? And if possible give your reasons for your answer? I would like to get your view.

Genuine request.

I voted undecided, because there are positives and negatives. Just off the top of my head.

Positives -
- I think we have retained our guns, and teams need match winners
- our results against the best teams suggest we have a capable list - Rich has beaten us once in 4 games.
- a fast game plan makes us very dangerous
- we have a war chest to spend next year

Negatives:
- morale: I’m concerned losing loved assistants will impact the group
- It maybe the case Stevo was actually given every chance to reform - but if not, we should have let him grovel to stay and then given him a last opportunity for redemption
- no genuine high quality successors to Eddie
- Guy is not inspiring confidence- unless we get Phillips and Reef, in which case he will be forgiven. But it’s a 200-1 shot.

I voted undecided, because there are positives and negatives. Just off the top of my head.

Positives -
- I think we have retained our guns, and teams need match winners
- our results against the best teams suggest we have a capable list - Rich has beaten us once in 4 games.
- a fast game plan makes us very dangerous
- we have a war chest to spend next year

Negatives:
- morale: I’m concerned losing loved assistants will impact the group
- It maybe the case Stevo was actually given every chance to reform - but if not, we should have let him grovel to stay and then given him a last opportunity for redemption
- no genuine high quality successors to Eddie
- Guy is not inspiring confidence- unless we get Phillips and Reef, in which case he will be forgiven. But it’s a 200-1 shot.

Thanks spinny, much appreciated mate - I know we have our differences but we want the same thing. Flags.

I'll agree with your negs, they are obvious to me.

Your positives I'd like to challenge you on.

We haven't retained all of our guns, we've lost a bloke who brings his own footy and a match winning forward.

Anyone can argue til the cows come home the why it is a positive that we don't have them anymore. That will not change the fact that we've netted zero in return in immediacy AND lost two walk up 22 players in any team. That is clear regression.

This is not consistent with the public position the club has aired - contention, just this year claims from coach and players that the flag is the aim.

You cannot regress the list on paper and claim you're still in flag contention, it is not consistent.

I agree our fast game is dangerous, in fact no team can go with us. Look at the wc game in season, pantsed a full strength contender on their home deck................... then fell off a cliff after qtr 1.

Bucks has repeatedly stated this is ideal game, so it tells me we can't maintain that ideal game.

I admire your optimism, you truly are a resilient pie and I really really hope I'm wrong but it does not look likely from where I sit.

We will be back, more people just angry after what was an embarrassment last night. 1 goal for 3+ qtrs wasn’t even just getting beaten, it was something else.

Let’s hope the list management this off-season is aggressive.

Anyway, Go Pies!

This aged well

Sadly, every word is true.

No it’s not, it’s just a fluff piece to evoke more emotions from us, making 44 GF at an average of a GF every 2.8 years is why we are the biggest & most famous- yeah flags is what it about but it’s still success.

Never ever lose sight of that!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back