Roast A reflection of where Pie fans think their club is really at. It's not positive.

Are you happy with we're the club is at?

• Yes

Votes: 17 13.1%
  • No

Votes: 104 80.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 9 6.9%

• Total voters

manicpie

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
No it’s not, it’s just a fluff piece to evoke more emotions from us, making 44 GF at an average of a GF every 2.8 years is why we are the biggest & most famous- yeah flags is what it about but it’s still success.

Never ever lose sight of that!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's the most painful success my life has ever known, yeah, I'll still support them because I have now become immortal through all the pain, I feel nothing, it's just another disappointment that I have to endure for being a pies supporter

Chief Ten Beers

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
I love this club so much,
All I see is will we improve during the last few years.
Yes we fluked a a Grand Final in 2018.
But there is no talent coming through from our reserves.
Now compare that to say Richmond there depth is huge in terms of AFL and VFL
We are a way way long away.

That and have consistently managed to get the first round draft picks completely wrong for the last 7 years or so

General Soreness

Awkward Squad
Aug 30, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I can't help but wonder how the review, its findings and the changes that were made in light of it is now regarded. The club got one year of (qualified) success out of it, and Buckley a Coach of the Year award, but it looks like the culture that was damaging player/club relations has returned.

delinquent1807

Team Captain
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Never been more disappointed with the club.

Stephenson could be anything, was our future and we gave him away for nothing.

Adam Treloar is a stand up guy that has played as well as you would have hoped when we signed him. To treat him the way we did makes me feel sick in my stomach so much for side by side.

Bringing in Beams for picks when we were flush with midfielders and the mismanagement of our salary cap which lead to this disastrous trade period is unfathomable. Hopfuly it leads to a cleaning out at the top of club as I don't know how some of these positions are still tenable with the stink of what just happend.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
No it’s not, it’s just a fluff piece to evoke more emotions from us, making 44 GF at an average of a GF every 2.8 years is why we are the biggest & most famous- yeah flags is what it about but it’s still success.

BLASPHEMY!!! :mad: :mad:

You do not label losing games as a success, how dare you even suggest that.?!

This is part of the reason why we're so sh1t as a football team, the fans accepting mediocrity.

This accepting of sh1t has to stop now!

I'm being serious here, you apologize to the rest of the Pies BF board and retract this ridiculous 'success' comment.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
I can't help but wonder how the review, its findings and the changes that were made in light of it is now regarded. The club got one year of (qualified) success out of it, and Buckley a Coach of the Year award, but it looks like the culture that was damaging player/club relations has returned.

Success? What success? Last time I checked we do not have a flag under Buckley - that is the only success in this game.

I'll rightly request you retract this 'success' comment.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
So now we've had Nathan come out and say what it really was and was pretty reflective of the media speculation. All of whom most of us bagged - myself included, as hyperbole. Clearly it wasn't.

Now there's 'well at least we know now' like it's excused, yeah for me that ain't flyin.

You just watch the sheeple go 'oh ok, now that you've owned up all is forgiven' which of course is going to lead to another half a decade or thereabouts of mediocrity.

Now we've watched yet another window out the window, f*n nother one!

Yeah not for mine, I really hope this challenging ticket gets some real noise and the club actually listens this time. Come fail or a miraculous masterstroke, whatever, this club needs a serious rocket up the ass.

AndrewShawble

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
So now we've had Nathan come out and say what it really was and was pretty reflective of the media speculation. All of whom most of us bagged - myself included, as hyperbole. Clearly it wasn't.

Now there's 'well at least we know now' like it's excused, yeah for me that ain't flyin.

You just watch the sheeple go 'oh ok, now that you've owned up all is forgiven' which of course is going to lead to another half a decade or thereabouts of mediocrity.

Now we've watched yet another window out the window, f*n nother one!

Yeah not for mine, I really hope this challenging ticket gets some real noise and the club actually listens this time. Come fail or a miraculous masterstroke, whatever, this club needs a serious rocket up the ass.

Agree

regardless of on-field results to come in 2021, we need a clean out at the top.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Agree

regardless of on-field results to come in 2021, we need a clean out at the top.

Look I know the past is the past and what's happened can't be changed.

However, I cannot stomach it if there is no punishment that leads to tangible and positive change.

I really really hope this supposed challenging ticket gains momentum, regardless if it is obvious that the ticket does not contain any credible members.

The important bit is the club gets the message and it leads to change.

The club has just conceded (alluded to) that we're no longer in the window, well that's just f*n great yet another period of false hope out the window.

Yeah I reckon I'm done with the club for next year, come all you haters calling me 'fairweather' well at least I'm not an embicilic sheep forever willfully eating the s**t that this club serves up.

I'll continue to come on here and criticize the club though until there is glaringly obvious and positive change. Yeah a lot of you will come out with the tired old 'sad and pathetic' well it's not as sad and pathetic as some of you on here that defend the club even after kindergarten age f*** ups. Still now some of you blindly defend! Talk about blind loyalty!

So buckle up haters, I'll be throwing as much deserved criticism at this club until the ship is righted. Because this club is in my family and I love this club. Seriously pissed off with it at the minute.

TKiL

Cancelled
Jul 22, 2017
Eastern Suburbs, Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
No it’s not, it’s just a fluff piece to evoke more emotions from us, making 44 GF at an average of a GF every 2.8 years is why we are the biggest & most famous- yeah flags is what it about but it’s still success. Never ever lose sight of that!
which bit of these qualify as success?

1605493657915.png

AndrewShawble

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood

If we are doing averages, we average 1 GF win every 8.5 years in our history.

Only 1 in 23 heading into 24 with Eddie at the helm.

#McGuireOUT

Matt_352

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Look I know the past is the past and what's happened can't be changed.

However, I cannot stomach it if there is no punishment that leads to tangible and positive change.

I really really hope this supposed challenging ticket gains momentum, regardless if it is obvious that the ticket does not contain any credible members.

The important bit is the club gets the message and it leads to change.

The club has just conceded (alluded to) that we're no longer in the window, well that's just f*n great yet another period of false hope out the window.

Yeah I reckon I'm done with the club for next year, come all you haters calling me 'fairweather' well at least I'm not an embicilic sheep forever willfully eating the sh*t that this club serves up.

I'll continue to come on here and criticize the club though until there is glaringly obvious and positive change. Yeah a lot of you will come out with the tired old 'sad and pathetic' well it's not as sad and pathetic as some of you on here that defend the club even after kindergarten age f*** ups. Still now some of you blindly defend! Talk about blind loyalty!

So buckle up haters, I'll be throwing as much deserved criticism at this club until the ship is righted. Because this club is in my family and I love this club. Seriously pissed off with it at the minute.
*ing oath!!!

Matt_352

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bump,

For mine this is about as close as you could describe our club over it's a journey. :'( :'( :'(
Article nailed it, I'm sorry sheep but 2nd place is not good enough.

Roverjg

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2014
Surf Coast
AFL Club
Collingwood
Where we are at at the moment is at the gates of becoming totally irrelevant.

How did this happen?.... Apathy and blind faith
which allowed:
Ed to treat the club as his fiefdom, and run roughshod over every aspect of the club.

List management to totally f**k up the salary cap that at the end of last season had us $2m over this years salary cap

Which has kept the same coaching panel intact despite only one year of improvement, no game plan, and our players regressing

Ed to create a siege mentality when any journalist asked probing questions of the club or administration.

Of Geoff Walsh as GM of Football in overseeing the disintegration of the playing list

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maggie Greg

Cancelled
Jan 24, 2002
AFL Club
Collingwood
Where we are at at the moment is at the gates of becoming totally irrelevant.

How did this happen?.... Apathy and blind faith
which allowed:
Ed to treat the club as his fiefdom, and run roughshod over every aspect of the club.

List management to totally f**k up the salary cap that at the end of last season had us $2m over this years salary cap

Which has kept the same coaching panel intact despite only one year of improvement, no game plan, and our players regressing

Ed to create a siege mentality when any journalist asked probing questions of the club or administration.

Of Geoff Walsh as GM of Football in overseeing the disintegration of the playing list

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hine and Guy must be sacked, they have no excuses.

stormskye

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 24, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hine and Guy must be sacked, they have no excuses.
I think bucks time is up, his coaching and style are horrible and I’m not sure he can adapt. We had the same slow boring defensive style last year, and it’s made worse this year with faster footy How many times are our defenders caught out to far up the ground on quick ball movement. Happened time and time again yest. Our zone and press ain’t working. That said, I feel sorry for him that he’s copping the blame for all of it.

Ant85

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
This is the lowest point our club has been in since the 1990s, and I think we're only going to sink lower.

What can we do?

First and foremost, we have to get our voting rights back.

Eddie shut members out to consolidate his control ... the result of that is the rot that we're all now seeing.

We have to demand board elections and voting power for presidency.

That's the first step.

This is the lowest point our club has been in since the 1990s, and I think we're only going to sink lower.

What can we do?

Eddie shut members out to consolidate his control ... the result of that is the rot that we're all now seeing.

That's the first step.
We can only have elections if there exists another ticket...there hasn’t been one for years.
No challengers...no election.
Why? Maybe the Club was well managed from 1999 until 2020?

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

What can we do?

That's the first step.

Members never lost their voting rights.

Kalidakope

Team Captain
May 6, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
I know there's already the threads, these snips pretty much sums up the level of satisfaction of us Pie fans. This is page one of Pies board on BF, didn't even bother going into page two - I know there's others in there like 'What can we do as fans to make change'. A thread title like that says it all of where we're really at. It's pretty damning.

I know the bulk of the comments in the highlighted threads come as a reaction to our poor onfield performance and the continual hope that never eventuates, there in lies the frustration.

Lot's of opinion of what should and shouldn't be done to address the myriad of issues, at the end of the day Collingwood Football Club don't scroll the social media comments looking for a way to address the issues.

From the outside looking in, it's like it's not taken seriously by the club or deliberately ignored even.

I could well imagine how different the Tigers board would look on BF, for good reason of course. They're gunning for a 3rd flag in 4 years and we've got bupkis after 'promise'. Same same, rinse and repeat.

Is it any wonder that our pages are full of opinions like we have? And why does it come across as the club don't share the same concern?

View attachment 982659View attachment 982660View attachment 982661
This'll help

Back