Toast A salute to outgoing Richmond President Peggy O'Neal

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah see, all of those things you describe ARE things. Serving on a board currently I can say with conviction that boards do things. It's just not a manual version.

I think a lot of slightly precious people are thinking I'm trying to slag Peggy which I'm not. I just feel that people should be given credit for specific actions they took or lead.

Those close to the club would know what she did in tangible terms beyond all the soft stuff that so far everyone has come up with. Otherwise all we are actually doing is congratulating her for being at the Tigers during their period of success when I see that as slightly disrespectful to Peggy as an individual.
We all know what she did do. She kept a cool head when others would have been reactionary. Many people focus too much on what has just happened recently. She has the ability to look at the whole picture. She can see the positives in people and suggests what is needed to improve areas of weakness. Rather than tossing out the baby with the bathwater, she looks at improving the bathwater so the baby can thrive and be comfortable.

We all know what she did do. She kept a cool head when others would have been reactionary. Many people focus too much on what has just happened recently. She has the ability to look at the whole picture. She can see the positives in people and suggests what is needed to improve areas of weakness. Rather than tossing out the baby with the bathwater, she looks at improving the bathwater so the baby can thrive and be comfortable.

Yeah see that's all just buzzwordy soft skills type stuff. None of that actually says what she did. It's exactly this kind of page-filler that is a deadset red flag in any executive-level interview

Yeah see that's all just buzzwordy soft skills type stuff. None of that actually says what she did. It's exactly this kind of page-filler that is a deadset red flag in any executive-level interview
You obviously have no idea. She DID do things. She backed a process of a full review at the club. She then acted on what was suggested. It meant that several assistants lost their job but Hardwick kept his and they then brought in Caracella, Leppitsch and Balme. All were instrumental in making Richmond great again.

Gun. Built a united club and made the right decisions at the right time.

Unlike McGuire, shows you can run a big club without running your mouth talking crap.

Well done Peggy.

You obviously have no idea. She DID do things. She backed a process of a full review at the club. She then acted on what was suggested. It meant that several assistants lost their job but Hardwick kept his and they then brought in Caracella, Leppitsch and Balme. All were instrumental in making Richmond great again.

See now that's closer to answering my question. Ignore all of the first post and that's more like it.

You can quit with trying to make it personal too.

Couldn't be a clearer comparison to the train wreck at Essendon. Stood up to a board challenge in 2016. Backed the result of the review that identified Hardwick as the coach to support. Took educated risks and was rewarded on-field. Clearly has done a fantastic job and is a model for any club looking to rebuild their reputation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back