Scape Goat A Silver Lining.

Remove this Banner Ad

If there was a dislike button that is what you'd get.
Uncalled for, Champ.

Bah. Palmer can kick a better underarm ball than Chappell could bowl. Grubbers, every second one of them. He is still yet to play a breakout game for GWS after two years. The day he does, though, I'll eat my hat and call you "Sir Boss Man".

In positive news, Sylvia will be a straight shooting D. Pearce. Fremantle top 4 again.

He complements our existing mobile division and can give the forward line some real grunt at the stoppages . I like the way he breaks tackles and just keeps going .
This guy strikes ma as a natural footballer first and an athlete second ,which I like a lot .
He reminds me of a bigger bodied Hasleby in the video clips .

From what I've seen of him, he Looks a real good fit.............Industrious and Skillful !!

I think the call of him be 12-25 on our list for depth really underestimates him. At his best he is a top class player. Clearly the situation at Melbourne over the last two seasons affected his form.
He has been known for being a bit fond of himself but hopefully with maturity he will "buy-in". If he does we have snapped up another great bargain.

I think the call of him be 12-25 on our list for depth really underestimates him. At his best he is a top class player. Clearly the situation at Melbourne over the last two seasons affected his form.
He has been known for being a bit fond of himself but hopefully with maturity he will "buy-in". If he does we have snapped up another great bargain.

We have a real evenness about our side at the moment, but I guess saying 12-25 is lacking generosity.

Fyfe
Mundy
Barlow
Hill
Crowley
Pavlich
Mayne
Walters
MacPharlin
Johnson
Spurr
Ibbotson

I think he comes in after those guys, with the caveat that he certainly has the talent to go up the order. He really has to show consistency and commitment, which he has already done by choosing us; there would have been easier teams and coaches to get a gig with.

By the way I think his issues at MFC have been for longer than the past 2 years. He has never really achieved his "potential".

I think Sylvia will be really out to prove himself and at the age he is at,he will be working really hard during the preseason under Ross to get as fit as he can. If he can get a grasp of the game plan and be a real team player we will have another really good recruit here. Smart move to get him I reckon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As others have said I think Sylvia will be recruit of the year. He came to us knowing full well what is expected, the workload he will endure and he is embracing the opportunity to really shine and be part of something big in the twilight of his career.

Thanks GilG. I've been following all you regular posters for quite a while now. Love all the work you guys put in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Better update your profile there SW. No reference to Freo via avatar or your team there. Would hate to think we just have a disillusioned eagirls supporter in our midst! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the way I think his issues at MFC have been for longer than the past 2 years. He has never really achieved his "potential".
Hardly the only one to suffer that fate. Too me it seems that nobody has achieved at melbourne for more than a year or two.
All I can say is that the problems set in before Bailey started and continued well after he left. Lets be honest they are the only team with a consistently worse win/loss record than ours since we started. Which is saying something about both teams.

Sylvia has always teased.. some games he would be the laziest footballer out there with 0% effort put into the defensive side of the game. Other games he is BOG and looks like an elite Mid who kicks multiple goals.

I think he can easily average around 20 posessions and kick 20-30 goals in our side rotating forward and middle in the Deboer hybrid role.. albeit i think he would be directed to get more of the ball than Pig. In effect i dont think its an overstatement to say he could hold the one of the bigger keys to going one better next year.

Hardly the only one to suffer that fate. Too me it seems that nobody has achieved at melbourne for more than a year or two.
All I can say is that the problems set in before Bailey started and continued well after he left. Lets be honest they are the only team with a consistently worse win/loss record than ours since we started. Which is saying something about both teams.

Richmond I think is below us too????

Carlton were at the top of their game in our early years.
I have fond memories of Freo knocking them off at Subi when they were shooting for their 13th straight win for the season . 98 ?

96, coming off their 95 premiership I believe.

I remember vividly returning home and winning a $20 bet with a Carlton zealot that Bradley (Craig, not Kepler!) would miss a shot from the goal square, whilst watching the replay - with him knowing I had been at the game.

Good times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back