Autopsy A sodding win in WA

Remove this Banner Ad

What's interesting to note is that he doesn't ever really just run in traffic - he digs his heels in and uses that power right through his whole body to accelerate. Even if players had made contact he'd have every chance of brushing tackles with that technique as he continues to strengthen over the next few years.
There would be some NRL fullbacks who would love to have the footwork, strength and ability to bust tackles of LDU. In fact after the goal I was thinking I've probably seen something similar from stars like Tedesco, Trbojevic and Ponga but very rarely from AFL players.

Coaches' votes:

10 Jaidyn Stephenson (NMFC)
7 Nic Naitanui (WCE)
7 Jack Ziebell (NMFC)
2 Jy Simpkin (NMFC)
2 Cameron Zurhaar (NMFC)
2 Ben Cunnington (NMFC)

Didn't think Naitanui was *that* good.

Coaches' votes:

7 Nic Naitanui (WCE)
7 Jack Ziebell (NMFC)
2 Jy Simpkin (NMFC)
2 Cameron Zurhaar (NMFC)
2 Ben Cunnington (NMFC)

Interesting - I just posted the following in the Goldy thread. I suppose those votes answer my question.

I thought Goldy held his own against Nic Nat but virtually all the media I have read were quick to point out that while Goldy broke the record, Nic Nat beat him on the night. Interested in what others think.

Interesting - I just posted the following in the Goldy thread. I suppose those votes answer my question.

I thought Goldy held his own against Nic Nat but virtually all the media I have read were quick to point out that while Goldy broke the record, Nic Nat beat him on the night. Interested in what others think.

I think the fat Fijian outmuscled him, but Goldy got him on the run. He was good was the fat Fijian.

Goldy won when it was needed...That goal in the last quarter...

Nic took the points but Goldy did well. Naitanui's centre bounce work was amazing, and he had 11 clearances himself. WCE were really, really good from the centre bounce because of his dominance. But, Goldy did stretch him on the spread and it led to a crucial goal.

Nic took the points but Goldy did well. Naitanui's centre bounce work was amazing, and he had 11 clearances himself. WCE were really, really good from the centre bounce because of his dominance. But, Goldy did stretch him on the spread and it led to a crucial goal.
I noticed that the commentators said NN was taking charge just as he kicked it straight to one of our players for the second time in a row. It was only a 10 point game - and they had lots of scoring shots - so decent votes are fair enough, and maybe no-one else on their team seemed to play particularly well.

Last four weeks Walker has been the total lockdown defender but I reckon its time to give McKay the easier forward so he can intercept more while Walker steps up, and takes the most dangerous forward.

Brisbane do the same with Andrews. Gardiner often takes the best forward and Andrews is then free and he terrorises the opposition.

We need Mckay more kicks. Walker less kicks.
Maybe so, and the reasoning makes sense, but in my vision, Josh was pretty focused last night. He looked like he was in the zone and nothing was going to cause him to waiver from the role he was given.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done on a big win over here in the West last night, North fans. I made my first Vlog at Optus last night and theres some good vision of north winning the game towards the end. I hope you like it!

Some nice footage there! Keep it up.

Graphs flawed, shows ATS as with a lower rating than the unused medical sub.

:sternlook.
Not to mention Tim Kelly. At one stage late in the game I was kinda sfellowing to myself that WCA bought a lemon with him. And the chart had Rotham as a "season best". Was it his first game this year?

That is hand your hat in material, o maybe it's a joke posted by some Russian Hacker???

Well done on a big win over here in the West last night, North fans. I made my first Vlog at Optus last night and theres some good vision of north winning the game towards the end. I hope you like it!

Well done. You were gracious in defeat. Awesome seats to see Todd take the amazing mark and goal. Thanks for sharing.

Levi on the money with half time prediction! Thanks for this, it felt like being there.

Last four weeks Walker has been the total lockdown defender but I reckon its time to give McKay the easier forward so he can intercept more while Walker steps up, and takes the most dangerous forward.

Brisbane do the same with Andrews. Gardiner often takes the best forward and Andrews is then free and he terrorises the opposition.

We need Mckay more kicks. Walker less kicks.
@giantroo Walker made a massive/desperate effort to get a fist and spoil a marking contrast during the last Q. Right forward pocket, 35m out from Eagles goal.

Can we get a snip of it?

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Always thought so.

It's not that what he does has no value. Work rate and spread and finding space, and being able to outrun your man when everyone is knackered is important, but it's not a million bucks worth of transformational skill. He was always a slightly more skilful Gibbo.

Gaff is a better player than your giving him credit RZ & this is a down year for him. Considering his work rate he hits targets all over the field its the exact thing Gibbo couldn't do. On this site we fawn all over potential prospects & rightly so (Gaff, Kelly, Dusty, Blakey) then play them down when they reject us.

I dont think you are doing that exactly but he is a hell of a lot better than Gibbo.
I respect him & Whitfield for the way they play getting back & working hard & still distributing at a great level, I hope Powell becomes that player for us.

Coaches' votes:

7 Nic Naitanui (WCE)
7 Jack Ziebell (NMFC)
2 Jy Simpkin (NMFC)
2 Cameron Zurhaar (NMFC)
2 Ben Cunnington (NMFC)

I thought Naitanui nearly singlehandedly dragged WC over the line.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back