Autopsy A sodding win in WA

Remove this Banner Ad

IIRC Stephenson was only put on the trade table (pushed) once the trade period had already started and most clubs already knew what their cap was basically going to be looking like. Not only were we one of the few that could fit him in with 0 prior planning but I think we also talked his manager and/or Collingwood into dealing exclusively with us for a few days during which we got the deal done.
I have pointed this out multiple times to Pies supporters, IRL and on BF.

They categorically refuse to look at this as one of the reasons he ended up at North.

Their narrative is that the real reason he was traded was because of off field issues, and because he had these 'issues' only 'norf' would take him on board.

The things we tell ourselves to maintain our illusions can be downright strange at times.

I have pointed this out multiple times to Pies supporters, IRL and on BF.

They categorically refuse to look at this as one of the reasons he ended up at North.

Their narrative is that the real reason he was traded was because of off field issues, and because he had these 'issues' only 'norf' would take him on board.

The things we tell ourselves to maintain our illusions can be downright strange at times.

It’s almost hilarious that a team would move Stephenson for issues but keep DeGoey!

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Always thought so.

It's not that what he does has no value. Work rate and spread and finding space, and being able to outrun your man when everyone is knackered is important, but it's not a million bucks worth of transformational skill. He was always a slightly more skilful Gibbo.
I always rated Gibbo to be honest. He would work hard inside, tackle, take contact etc etc. Dunno if Gaff has that about him.

Well done on a big win over here in the West last night, North fans. I made my first Vlog at Optus last night and theres some good vision of north winning the game towards the end. I hope you like it!

Are you Tom Powell in disguise?

(Nicely done btw. Good call by your little bro.)

Well done on a big win over here in the West last night, North fans. I made my first Vlog at Optus last night and theres some good vision of north winning the game towards the end. I hope you like it!

Nice, some good insights and predictions.

Keep up the good work.

I wasn't real happy about that at the time. The AFL doesn't give a sh*t tho.
Somebody noted that it was an instinctive move (throwing a boot out) but seriously, that is behaviour that has to be stopped. I have always regarded careless and instinctive moves like this to be more serious than some deliberate actions as they are uncontrolled, often formed as habits.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back