Toast A Step In The Right Direction

Remove this Banner Ad

200 years to destroy Australia? Are you serious? We are living in the very best era in human history. Do you think our indigenous people or any other people for that matter would be longing for a return to the days when there were no pain killers or modern medical knowledge which has seen deadly disease become curable, sight restored to the blind, hearing restored to the deaf, functioning limbs for those with amputations, clean running water, electricity, warmth and shelter, education, cars, buses and trains, mobile phones etc..

Why are other cultures/races not allowed to look back at their history of oppression and brutal treatment?
like you, i'm hoping to make through a number of years and die before the climate makes it impossible to go outside for half the year, before plastics start choking up our arteries, but diseases start winning the war.... If I can make it to the end of my life in my current circumstances, i'll be happy to give 5 stars to this world as i go out the door. I do have offspring and I feel sorry for the next generation from time to time, but when the dust settles I realise that I'm doing pretty good and that's all that matters...

like you, i'm hoping to make through a number of years and die before the climate makes it impossible to go outside for half the year, before plastics start choking up our arteries, but diseases start winning the war.... If I can make it to the end of my life in my current circumstances, i'll be happy to give 5 stars to this world as i go out the door. I do have offspring and I feel sorry for the next generation from time to time, but when the dust settles I realise that I'm doing pretty good and that's all that matters...

Your complete lack of curiosity about watching the world crumble is troubling. I'd be happy to look upon a bit of apocalypse, even if that means a 4-star rating before I check out, instead of 5.

Your complete lack of curiosity about watching the world crumble is troubling. I'd be happy to look upon a bit of apocalypse, even if that means a 4-star rating before I check
well i'm curious as i'm slightly nervous at this stage that I might be inconvenienced before I check out. I am a little upset at the modern world for restricting my movement with this covid thing but i'm hoping that we've got this virus licked. Of course, in the germ war with our antibiotics, we're fighting a rearguard action against the germs having short sightedly pumped antibiotics into chooks and other sources of food in order to make more money...and it looks like the germs have responded and we'll start dying more and more in hospitals ...but of course, all i'm looking for is another decade or two until I'm out the door...so as long I can die a comforable death and not be eaten alive by some superbug, i'm happy...

so you could say this is another area where I'm interested but i really couldnt give a stuff how the modern world is going to deal with it...like domie i'm just so impressed how the modern world has set me up with a lifestyle which saves my lazy ass for doing anything strenuous, by burning the candle at both ends in so many aspects of life....i think we should all be grateful for being in the sweet spot...well not all of us, but me at least..

Bloody climate change causing first fleeters.

Bloody climate change causing first fleeters.

no need to stress. just realise that we're living in the lucky country and we're doing fine. the indigenous folk handed over the country to the first fleeters and, while the country was in ok condition, it wasn't being used efficiently economically. since that time, we have carved up the country and provided me and domie with a standard of living that befits people like ourselves. as custodians of the country we will hand the country over to the next generation as a complete basket case fully utliised and bursting at the seams - denuded of thousands of species that didnt provide a brass razoo to support domie and myself and replaced them with cows and sheep which are at least making a quid. some might pine for the climate or the indigenous folk or some other thing, but they forget that we are the greatest country in the world and i am going to have a leisurely day today provided off the back of investments based on others' hard work and the resources that the planet offers and I am damn happy about that and i couldnt give a flying fox for all the bleeding hearts that wring their hands and worrying about things that have nothing to do with my comfort....i'm sure domie supports me on this although I'm not fussed if he does. I'm ok

Remove this Banner Ad

Back