Grant Birchall returns after 2 years out...

Remove this Banner Ad

This idea always intrigues me. Surely the AFL is more worried about clubs deceiving other clubs and (unfortunately, more importantly) the betting markets. Undoubtedly there are rules around injury reporting (when something must be reported and what supportable level of assessment must be reached).

I would think that supporters are just along for the ride but that competition integrity needs drive the rules and practices around this.

But I actually have no idea about rules here (if any). Does anyone else here on the boards know?
I don’t know if there are any rules but I doubt the afl care. I agree the integrity of the sport relies on transparency but the afl don’t care about integrity so even if they had a rule they wouldn’t enforce it. You know like know like having players and clubs keep records of injections rather than saying they need them and never checking. ;)

Because you are bagging our club and Birchall on our board. But you don't have Hawks as your team.

Is this like when you go off about what a s**t hole Melbourne is even though you haven't been here for 20 years?

And you doubt I'm a Hawthorn supporter? I've been posting longer than you've been on this board, that's presuming you've always posted under your current username.
As for Melbourne it is a shithole: over-populated with all of the associated problems that go with that; politically dominated as it has become by a ratbag brigade (look at the political boards on this website to get an idea); over-priced housing. No, I prefer a quieter life than all that and the football itself, has become a heck of a lot less appealing.

Well you know, you make yourself a destination club by signing players in their late 20s on three year deals for $2 million. The player then proceeds to not get on the field for three years. Despite this the club moves on players like Lewis, Mitchell and Hodge due to their age and durability.

No matter what way you portray this it has been a disastrous piece of management. If you make several decisions such as this one you end up with wooden spoons which does wonders for making you a destination club.

The only person that has come out looking good in this deal is Birchall's manager, truly a stroke of genius getting him 3 years on that money.

Didn't realise they made wooden spoons in blue.

Maybe you should just feck off and prepare for the pain that is tonight's game.

You'll have 12 players lining up tonight that were 1st round selections, yet you'll still lose by 12 goals.

I'd be more worried about your rabble of a club and less about our premiership winning factory if I was you.

You haven't been close to relevant for a long time and to be honest, I don't see it changing for a really long time.

At least your mob is always good for a chuckle.

And you doubt I'm a Hawthorn supporter? I've been posting longer than you've been on this board, that's presuming you've always posted under your current username.
As for Melbourne it is a shithole: over-populated with all of the associated problems that go with that; politically dominated as it has become by a ratbag brigade (look at the political boards on this website to get an idea); over-priced housing. No, I prefer a quieter life than all that and the football itself, has become a heck of a lot less appealing.
You're not a Hawthorn supporter
Capture.PNG

Your original comment on Birch was silly, but you've redeemed yourself with the "Melbourne is a shithole" comment, well played sir!

LOL I blocked bluespooner ages ago, this thread had become a stochastic series of posts that seem to have no interconnectedness at all until I realised he/she/it was involved.

Well I've been posting for longer than you and can state with certainty:

1. You are not, and never were, a Hawthorn supporter. You have consistently posted anti-Hawthorn vitriol.
2. Coffs is a hole;
3. Chess is boring.

;)

You're not a Hawthorn supporter
View attachment 638311

No doubt he/she/it isn't a Hawthorn supporter, however the taxes that Hawthorn pay to the AFL essentially support the rabble that he/she/it does support, maybe he/she/it thinks that's the same thing.

Does seem to have the intellectual capabilities of a brick anyway, so I'd take anything he/she/it says with a grain of salt.

Jog on idiot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best be careful, seems like the type to drop a Rohypnol in that drink.
Wouldn't be caught dead in Melbourne so I think I'm fairly safe

Wouldn't be caught dead in Melbourne so I think I'm fairly safe

Well that's at least a positive then, guess they'll just have to settle for being caught dead in NSW instead.

Maybe they're just sad because they don't have any COKEorCOLA perhaps?

Seriously though, what a wingnut.

Now that Scrimshaw looks to be coming along, I now fully expect no more hiccups from Birchall and for him to return to the side at some point, making the decision to play both of them a hard one.

Nothing surer than this dilemma

Now that Scrimshaw looks to be coming along, I now fully expect no more hiccups from Birchall and for him to return to the side at some point, making the decision to play both of them a hard one.

Nothing surer than this dilemma

Scrimmers has to stay.

Can they both play on either back flank?

Nope... and we don't need Birch, we haven't needed him for a long time now and we should celebrate his contribution and move on, allow him to enjoy his retirement fund as an un-official and highest paid development coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back