Grant Birchall returns after 2 years out...

Major concerns as to when we see Birch again sadly, very slow progress, hopefully we see him again at some stage as it would be so disappointing if we don't see him play a game in his last 2.5 years on the list.
He and scully are due to join the main group very soon. They have been gradually doing skills starting at 15 minutes a few weeks ago to about an hour this week. Slow and steady

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers

COKEandCOLA

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You'd think he'd need to play 15 games this season for the club to have faith in giving him another years contract.

I guess it'd all depend on how he plays the season out, if he does at all.

If he was to only play the final 5-8 games of the season, but to a high level, then I'd back him in for another year.

At this point in time however, I think it would be negligent to offer him any longer than than yearly contracts.

I really feel for the bloke and hope he comes good and reminds us all how valuable he is to our team.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Lovely retirement fund for Birch, going to be 3 years and close to 2mill for 2c of bugger all.. what a job

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Back between rd 4-8, then a mini pre-season block of 6 weeks, then 2-3 at Box Hill, but before he gets to box hill he’ll need another clean out due to some complication. I can see it already

COKEandCOLA

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Back between rd 4-8, then a mini pre-season block of 6 weeks, then 2-3 at Box Hill, but before he gets to box hill he’ll need another clean out due to some complication. I can see it already

Could be worse, just ask the WBD supporters about Tom Boyd.

If they can live with him assisting them win one flag, can't we have the same understanding and gratitude towards Birchall for assisting us win four?

Last edited:

COKEandCOLA

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sorry, it's been a long day.

Just wrapped up a 14 hour shift, coming off about 2-3 hours sleep.

I knew as soon as I clicked post, however you've kindly corrected me, before I had the chance to edit.

geelongprematuretattoo.jpg

Who could forget his efforts that contributed to making these flogs look so foolish?

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
Lovely retirement fund for Birch, going to be 3 years and close to 2mill for 2c of bugger all.. what a job

Yeah, I bet he's just loved rocking it between ramping up training and then heading off to rehab...

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Even if this ends up being the case, hasn't he earned it?

No he hasn't earned it... Just because one of my gun sales staff dominates and contributes to our company success it doesn't mean we will carry him for the next 3 years, the world doesn't work like that, well not at least in the real world. Sorry, but it doesn't wash with me.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I was frustrated last year with him not playing as he is elite, and has been for a very long time but he had the credits in the bank, a 3rd year is not good enough.

COKEandCOLA

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No he hasn't earned it... Just because one of my gun sales staff dominates and contributes to our company success it doesn't mean we will carry him for the next 3 years, the world doesn't work like that, well not at least in the real world. Sorry, but it doesn't wash with me.

I'm sorry but I have to strongly disagree.

As far as I'm concerned, it's no different for him, than it would be any of us, if we injured ourselves whilst at work.

If for some unforeseen and unfortunate reason I was to injure myself at work, should I not be paid whilst I'm recovering and getting myself well again?

There are rules and regulations in place, to prohibit despicable behavior by employers such as this, we're in Australia FFS not North Korea.

Have you ever sustained a serious injury at work or have a close friend/family member that has?

I'm sorry but I have to strongly disagree.

As far as I'm concerned, it's no different for him, than it would be any of us, if we injured ourselves whilst at work.

If for some unforeseen and unfortunate reason I was to injure myself at work, should I not be paid whilst I'm recovering and getting myself well again?

There are rules and regulations in place, to prohibit despicable behavior by employers such as this, we're in Australia FFS not North Korea.

Have you ever sustained a serious injury at work or have a close friend/family member that has?
Hahaha, 100% spot on...

Discussion = over.

You're suggesting he's not doing re-hab, training, helping out around the club and everything else required?
HE JUST SITS AROUND PLAYING FORTNITE! A MATE TOLD ME! WHAT A RORT!

Hahaha, 100% spot on...

Discussion = over.
Let's bloody well hope so mate, however I'm not holding my breath.
There are just some people who love applying standards to others they wouldn't dream of applying to themselves. They will do it loudly, and often.

They are vexations to the spirit...

COKEandCOLA

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
There are just some people who love applying standards to others they wouldn't dream of applying to themselves. They will do it loudly, and often.

Doesn't seem so loud now.

I honestly just don't get how people can talk dribble like this and actually believe it.

It's mind boggling, to say the least.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn

:rolleyes: Right... I don’t think you’d have the slightest clue as to the standards I set for myself Mr Eldorado.

:rolleyes: Right... I don’t think you’d have the slightest clue as to the standards I set for myself Mr Eldorado.
So if you were injured at work, you'd be happily dismissed, or made to do 2 years of rehab at your place of employment for no pay?

What a saintly giver you are...:poo::poo::poo:

Back